Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2017, 03:18 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I don't agree that every senator has done what Franken is accused of. Not by a long shot.

There are 4 women now that have accused Franken of various things including forced kissing and one he was stalking over several days. The photo you are referring to was payback by Franken because she rebuffed his repeated stalking. He is a sick dude.

Criticism Intensifies as Two More Women Accuse Sen. Franken of Groping | Fox News Insider

Yes what Moore is accused of is worse but I think both are unfit for public office.

In a nation of over 300 million people I think we can find a few hundred that behave like responsible adults to fill up congress with. Why put up someone like Moore or any of the others.
A news personality on Fox News is NOT a sole credible source. I have not seen this accusation of Franken stalking this woman in any other source. Need another link for verification.

Old 11-25-2017, 03:35 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I don't agree that every senator has done what Franken is accused of. Not by a long shot.

There are 4 women now that have accused Franken of various things including forced kissing and one he was stalking over several days. The photo you are referring to was payback by Franken because she rebuffed his repeated stalking. He is a sick dude.

Criticism Intensifies as Two More Women Accuse Sen. Franken of Groping | Fox News Insider

Yes what Moore is accused of is worse but I think both are unfit for public office.

In a nation of over 300 million people I think we can find a few hundred that behave like responsible adults to fill up congress with. Why put up someone like Moore or any of the others.
I agree with the bolded.

It's actually mind boggling to me that anyone would think groping his constituent's butts is no big deal.

Maybe there is some trailer park trash world where that is normal or ok, but its certainly not something that happens routinely in the world I live in.

That's the kind of behavior you expect from a perv on a crowded subway or a trashed drunk idiot in a bar/club.

Old 11-25-2017, 04:23 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Moore should be sharing a cell with Weiner.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:03 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
In the new America you are automatically guilty until proven innocent. Roy Moore should already be locked up. If he can somehow prove his innocence then maybe, just maybe he should go free. But until then off with his head!!!

Old 11-25-2017, 09:20 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Purely your opinion, of course. Opinion isn't an argument.
Anyone should be ashamed for voting someone like that into the senate. But you voted for Trump so what can I say

Old 11-25-2017, 09:39 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Interesting comment from someone elsewhere:

I do investigative reporting for MSNBC. What I have seen,
heard, and been directed to implement regarding the story about Judge
Roy Moore is disturbing, wrong, and I am now resisting the lies. Beverly
Young Nelson and the others are being paid (cash) to lie about Mr.
Moore. I have irrefutable evidence. I don't want to lose my job, but I
also in good conscience can no longer stand by without warning media
outlets and other journalists (most whom already know the truth) that
every allegation against Moore is false and fabricated. Don't be fooled
by the MSM, Democrats, and Establishment Republicans.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:12 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Pro-choice" = pro-abortion. It's a convenient cop-out.

If "every woman can search her own beliefs and decide," can everyone "search their own beliefs and decide" if they should commit murder? That's what abortion is. Just because the victim is young (fetus) does not change a biological fact ...it's a human being. Beating heart, brainwaves, sucks it's thumb, plays with it's toes, etc. These things we know.

As for your third comment ..."her body ...her life," her baby is not "her body," and is a separate, living person. She does not have the right to decide to take the life of another person, just because that person lives (for a time) within her body. How long are you people going to continue to promote this phony argument?

There is no evidence that Moore has "preyed upon teen girls ...half his life."

Your final comment is just pure political rhetoric intended to shame people whom you think should be responsible for the lives of all whom you think are "victims" of their conservative political views (such as believing that life should be protected even in the womb). But what about the lives lost to abortion? There are reportedly 3,000 victims of abortion per day in the U.S. Shouldn't you be held responsible for those deaths?
What about lives lost to forced pregnancy, parenthood and (possibly) a relationship, just due to a "slip" by someone after a few seconds, not using birth control, creating an unwanted pregnancy? Who should be held responsible are those who get themselves and another into a situation unnecessarily, just due to an impulse. Some girls won't even have a say in what may happen, sexually.

Ultimately, there is always more responsibility placed upon females, as (many times) a teen girl ends up either faced with nine months of pregnancy and raising a child from that age, giving up the baby Adoption, or Abortion which is prevented by many. It appears most times males are still not faced with responsibility at all in these instances, encouraging more of the same behavior. ��

Thousands of abortions (and pregnancies) could be avoided, if only young people would be allowed to learn to do the right thing, not just in regards to Birth Control, but learning about psychological and physical aspects of each that gets them involved, and in taking chances. Having an understanding of these points is prevented by some, the very ones who detest abortion. If some are so concerned, they should want to help prevent these instances in the first place, besides not contributing to overpopulation. At this late stage, we should have experienced more progress and cooperation in this area, in order to halt these occurrences.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 11-25-2017 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: Fixed typo.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:31 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Interesting comment from someone elsewhere:

I do investigative reporting for MSNBC. What I have seen,
heard, and been directed to implement regarding the story about Judge
Roy Moore is disturbing, wrong, and I am now resisting the lies. Beverly
Young Nelson and the others are being paid (cash) to lie about Mr.
Moore. I have irrefutable evidence. I don't want to lose my job, but I
also in good conscience can no longer stand by without warning media
outlets and other journalists (most whom already know the truth) that
every allegation against Moore is false and fabricated. Don't be fooled
by the MSM, Democrats, and Establishment Republicans.
bwaha!

nice piece of fan fiction.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:52 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Franken issues another apology for latest allegations lmao.... plans on sticking around... why shouldn't Moore?
Still comparing these two?? How can one feel these situations are the same, with Moore having attacked girls within secuded settings, with nothing Al Franken did being the same, the character of the two men overall being entirely different. Franken admits that, looking back, it was wrong behavior, where Moore apparently has NO conscience, despite several incidents.

Envision this: One guy having robbed several banks and getting away with it, being compared to a guy who once ended up with something that did not belong to him, thinking it was his until much later, his admitting that he should not have kept it.

There is a difference.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:54 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Moore should be sharing a cell with Weiner.
And Weiner should be in prison with Polanski, right?
"What about Woody?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies