Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2017, 10:57 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
bwaha!

nice piece of fan fiction.
Haha.. right, some will stop at nothing to protect their R W, Christian criminal. Maybe it is Rump himself, behind this.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:09 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Accusations of molestations aside, Roy Moore is unfit to serve in the Senate.

He was suspended twice from the Alabama Supreme Court for ethics and constitutional violations.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:45 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

He was suspended twice from the Alabama Supreme Court for ethics and constitutional violations.
Well, there ya go. Still, not enough to sway the support of the biggest loser or Moore's fans.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:41 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Interesting comment from someone elsewhere:

I do investigative reporting for MSNBC. What I have seen,
heard, and been directed to implement regarding the story about Judge
Roy Moore is disturbing, wrong, and I am now resisting the lies. Beverly
Young Nelson and the others are being paid (cash) to lie about Mr.
Moore. I have irrefutable evidence. I don't want to lose my job, but I
also in good conscience can no longer stand by without warning media
outlets and other journalists (most whom already know the truth) that
every allegation against Moore is false and fabricated. Don't be fooled
by the MSM, Democrats, and Establishment Republicans.
How about a link and a name? Otherwise its no better than the kind of thing Trump supporters would call fake news.

Also the irrefutable evidence would help.

I sense a real desperation from Moore supporters. The election is slipping away.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:58 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Key words. There is no evidence that there is any truth to the allegations. We cannot convict people in the "court of public opinion" or in a court of law based solely on allegations.
Running for political office is essentially applying for a job. The opinion of the public is everything. Just like a employer does when screening applicants they have to decide whether or not someone is fit for that job. So the court of public opinion is the perfect way to decide something like this. And its not only the allegations but his being removed from the bench for not following the rule of law. One has to decide if Moore's attitude that theology is more important than the constitution is a disqualifying factor too. All of that has to be weighed in when deciding if Moore is qualified.

Unlike real court the only penalty is not getting hired. Big deal.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:40 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Default Why Trump Stands by Roy Moore, Even as It Fractures His Party.

Why Trump Stands by Roy Moore, Even as It Fractures His Party

Privately, Mr. Trump has acknowledged that he is making a cold political calculus in the hope that the Republicans will hold on to the seat. A White House official on Saturday reiterated the president’s view that he believes Mr. Moore should quit the race if the allegations are proved true, but the official stressed that the candidate has denied them.

“We’re going to make it clear to the voters of Alabama that Roy Moore is the candidate to help President Trump get a conservative Supreme Court and cut taxes,” said Brett Doster, a top Moore adviser. “That will be included in our ads, definitely.”

A SMART president would distance themselves from someone like Moore until he was found innocent.
Trump is enough hot water has it is.

Old 11-26-2017, 07:16 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
the irony being that moore's supporters seem to be the one's that also complain about "activist" judges.

Old 11-26-2017, 07:19 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Running for political office is essentially applying for a job. The opinion of the public is everything. Just like a employer does when screening applicants they have to decide whether or not someone is fit for that job. So the court of public opinion is the perfect way to decide something like this. And its not only the allegations but his being removed from the bench for not following the rule of law. One has to decide if Moore's attitude that theology is more important than the constitution is a disqualifying factor too. All of that has to be weighed in when deciding if Moore is qualified.

Unlike real court the only penalty is not getting hired. Big deal.
You're looking at this in the abstract, as no big deal. If Moore isn't 'hired,' his opponent is hired. The 'hiring' public has a choice of one or the other. That one Senate vote is a big deal.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:37 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:

Yet the good people from Bama chose him over Strange (himself no prize) but sane in comparison. So ~ this is on them as far as I'm concerned.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:51 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,471 times
Default Is a child molester better than having a Dem voted in? YES it is!

Is a child molester better than having a Dem voted in? That was the question on TV this morning. Well, the answer is a simple YES.

The ignorant Dems just don't get it. That is why they can't understand how someone like Trump ever got in. They thought that when Trump's 'grab her by the *****' comment was broadcast it would have been the end of Trump. Just as many other of Trump's extreme comments and views.

Lets look at this one '*****' issue in realistic terms to help the poor Dems understand how the real world is.

OK, a Rep says to themselves Trump is terrible, he disrespects women, so I will vote for Hil...and then she can confiscate my guns.

OK, a Rep says to themselves, I wont go for a child molester, let me vote Dem...and then they can confiscate my guns.

The Dems have proven time and again what happens to guns when they control a state. Their long term dream is to confiscate all guns in America. When you vote Dem you vote for gun confiscation plain and simple...that is the bottom line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies