Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2017, 02:08 PM

2,656 posts, read 1,374,760 times

Advertisements

Many of the attitudes expressed on this board make it clear why women often don't report sexual harrassment or wait long peeiods of time to do so.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:15 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I love that it is the Evangelicals who are defending Moore's pedophilia the strongest. Obviously they do not believe in the Hereafter otherwise why would they risk all that fire and brimstone coming their way.
Evangelicals and priests are pretty much the same. They like to abuse under aged flesh. Christian hypocrites.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:39 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,527,393 times
Just the fact that ANY attempt at gun control is the sole issue so many in this country base their votes on is insane. This obsession with guns is pathological. Nobody is taking your guns away folks. Let it go!

Old 11-26-2017, 02:50 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Just the fact that ANY attempt at gun control is the sole issue so many in this country base their votes on is insane. This obsession with guns is pathological. Nobody is taking your guns away folks. Let it go!
They have not thought about it enough to understand there is no process to enable the government to be gun grabbers. No matter who the POTUS is. It is nuts.

I have asked several posters on CD to tell me how that could happen, how would it work? Never got a response.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:08 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You remember Roy Moore was kicked out(not resigned, not lost re-election, but removed from the bench) TWICE
Over phony outrage over the Ten Commandments in the court. He should never have been removed for that.

You remember the Ten Commandments appear on the Supreme Court Building?

Old 11-26-2017, 03:24 PM

2,656 posts, read 1,374,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Still comparing these two?? How can one feel these situations are the same, with Moore having attacked girls within secuded settings, with nothing Al Franken did being the same, the character of the two men overall being entirely different. Franken admits that, looking back, it was wrong behavior, where Moore apparently has NO conscience, despite several incidents.

Envision this: One guy having robbed several banks and getting away with it, being compared to a guy who once ended up with something that did not belong to him, thinking it was his until much later, his admitting that he should not have kept it.

There is a difference.
Do you folks honestly not get the difference between sexual behavior with kids and sexual behavior with adults? Or are the right wingers who compare Moore with Franken, etc just pretending to be that obtuse?

Old 11-26-2017, 03:27 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I seriously doubt that the time it occurred has any bearing whatsoever on your willingness to say it's fine. If you can excuse it then, you sure as hell can find a way to excuse it now. And by voting for him, by excusing it, you're just telling Moore and every single person out there like him, that so long as you need something from them, their crimes, their depravity and their inhumanity will all be forgiven.
Whoa now, with that description, you don't leave much worse than what Moore allegedly did.

38-years ago makes a difference to me. Besides, with what we know of sexual harassment by current members of Congress, I might already be voting for a weirdo. Finally, I admit that how someone is likely to vote would affect how much of their personal behavior I could put aside.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:29 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Many of the attitudes expressed on this board make it clear why women often don't report sexual harrassment or wait long peeiods of time to do so.
listen _ sex predator on children is traumatic event on all the victims... rem the catholic priests? People just don't have a clue what a predator really is or how BAD and evil it can get,,, it gets more and more perverse in time, and those with power Holy Jesus.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:33 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
Here's the thing...voting should be about who you WANT...not who you want less. If you don't want a Democrat, fine...you have the option to not vote or to write in another candidate. If you truly believe Moore did those things then you shouldn't put your morality aside for politics.
I don't live in Alabama so have no dog in the hunt. But the word "believe" should not come into play when it comes to the lives and the livelihoods of an American politician (or anyone else for that matter).

He did or he didn't. There is proof or there is no proof. I will NEVER vote a politician out of office or not vote for a politician based on "beliefs" or "allegations". That is too dangerous of a road to wander down. I will never participate in the destruction of an individual based on "beliefs".

Old 11-26-2017, 03:37 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Is a child molester better than having a Dem voted in? That was the question on TV this morning. Well, the answer is a simple YES.

The ignorant Dems just don't get it. That is why they can't understand how someone like Trump ever got in. They thought that when Trump's 'grab her by the *****' comment was broadcast it would have been the end of Trump. Just as many other of Trump's extreme comments and views.

Lets look at this one '*****' issue in realistic terms to help the poor Dems understand how the real world is.

OK, a Rep says to themselves Trump is terrible, he disrespects women, so I will vote for Hil...and then she can confiscate my guns.

OK, a Rep says to themselves, I wont go for a child molester, let me vote Dem...and then they can confiscate my guns.

The Dems have proven time and again what happens to guns when they control a state. Their long term dream is to confiscate all guns in America. When you vote Dem you vote for gun confiscation plain and simple...that is the bottom line.
When it comes to choices between a child molester, or another candidate that wants to erase the constitution, I seriously think it's time we have another revolutionary war. Don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies