Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 12:37 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
What makes it a Christian problem is their basic belief. You can commit any vile act and if you ask for forgiveness, it is ok. That is the basis of the Christian religion.
If Hitler had converted to Christianity and asked for forgiveness, he would have been forgiven for the deaths of 6 million+.
Maybe by God! But not by me! If I had the means to have him drawn and quartered, I'd have done it in a heartbeat ...and wouldn't lose a moment's sleep over it either!

Old 11-29-2017, 01:10 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Have you read the Gospel? You may be forgiven, but that doesn't mean that you will not pay for your sins.

Jesus makes it very clear that there are consequences.

Atheism, on the other hand, has no consequences. You can do whatever you want as long as you don't get caught.

Christianity is different. If you show no mercy, you receive no mercy. Doesn't mean you won't be forgiven though.
I don't think most Atheists believe there are no consequences. They may not believe in heaven or hell but most believe in evil people paying for crimes here on earth.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:32 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Alleged is a big word.....

I still have no proof. Did someone keep a dress this time too?
If she is lying help me understand the motivation for a livelong Republican to put herself through all of this scrutiny. Why would she want to torpedo the election of a Republican? Why would she put up with all the people calling her a liar?

What would the others who do not stand to gain financially come out and confirm Moore's reputation? And finally why are you so quick to rush to the defense of Roy Moore when you never took the wait and see approach with Bill Cosby, Jerry Sandusky or Michael Jackson?

Old 11-29-2017, 01:35 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I don't think most Atheists believe there are no consequences. They may not believe in heaven or hell but most believe in evil people paying for crimes here on earth.
Not really. I'm in that group and I'd love to think karma exists. But alas I see good people killed and bad people live rich, fat, happy lives all too often to really believe you behavior determines your fate.

That's why it's up to us to make sure people like Ray Moore and Harvey Weinstein pay for their behavior.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:59 PM

693 posts, read 357,168 times
Quote:
Have you read the Gospel? You may be forgiven, but that doesn't mean that you will not pay for your sins.

Jesus makes it very clear that there are consequences.

Atheism, on the other hand, has no consequences. You can do whatever you want as long as you don't get caught.

Christianity is different. If you show no mercy, you receive no mercy. Doesn't mean you won't be forgiven though.

It's obvious that you don't understand the basic tenets of christianity. You DO NOT pay for your sins, if you repent. You are forgiven. Period.

How? Why? Because according to christian faith, Jesus paid for your sins with his life. Let that sink in for a bit. There is punishment. There is consequences. The punishment....is Jesus dying on the cross.

As an atheist, it's all nonsense to me, but you really need to come out of this understanding what chrisitianity really teaches.

Only those that do not repent, go to hell, but the main talking point, is about those that commit atrocities....then turn are and repent and believe they are somehow forgiven.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:59 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Christian churches say that if you are forgiven you will go to heaven. And yes I have read the gospel. I taught church school for several years.
That doesn't mean you don't go through hell first. I think anyone that has read the Gospel understands this.

Jesus makes it very clear that there will be payment.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:01 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
It's obvious that you don't understand the basic tenets of christianity. You DO NOT pay for your sins, if you repent. You are forgiven. Period.

How? Why? Because according to christian faith, Jesus paid for your sins with his life. Let that sink in for a bit. There is punishment. There is consequences. The punishment....is Jesus dying on the cross.

As an atheist, it's all nonsense to me, but you really need to come out of this understanding what chrisitianity really teaches.

Only those that do not repent, go to hell, but the main talking point, is about those that commit atrocities....then turn are and repent and believe they are somehow forgiven.
That's not true.

You CLEARLY have not read the Gospel because Jesus speaks in great detail about consequences. Are you so limited in your critical thinking that you can't fathom that in order to get to Heaven, you must go through hell first?

Don't even respond to me unless you have some quotes from the Bible where Jesus explicitly states that if you merely believe in him, you will get to avoid judgement.

Where is this judgement free zone you speak of in the Gospel?

Atheism is the only religion without consequences. A powerful atheist can do whatever they wish. Murder. Anything goes. YOLO!

Old 11-29-2017, 02:09 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Default Roy Moore sex allegations turn out to be false

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ore/index.html

Look at this folks!

I kept telling the liberals to WAIT until the HWE had a say and they all called my a rape apologists (all the while the viciously defend the Clintons who were BOTH responsible for the rape and assault of many women)

The allegations are false while Al Franken and the man who defended him the WP are all in hot water with more and more women coming out against Franken daily.

Liberals should first apologize to Roy and his family then denounce their party leaders for defending rapist within their ranks.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:10 PM

693 posts, read 357,168 times
Quote:
That's not true.

You CLEARLY have not read the Gospel because Jesus speaks in great detail about consequences. Are you so limited in your critical thinking that you can't fathom that in order to get to Heaven, you must go through hell first?

Don't even respond to me unless you have some quotes from the Bible where Jesus explicitly states that if you merely believe in him, you will get to avoid judgement.
I'm going to repeat what I said....you don't understand the basic tenets of christianity.

Put aside what Jesus said in the bible....HE DID NOT COME TO START A NEW RELIGION CALLED CHRISTIANITY. Jesus was a jew, and as a jew, he followed jewish beliefs, which indeed, was chocked filled with consequences for your actions.

But, we're not talking about Jesus....we're talking about CHRISTIANITY. CHRISTIANS....and what they believe. The very basis of the Christianity, is the belief that jesus died on the cross to fulfill the punishments that were mandated by the original covenant.

According to christians (not jesus' words), there is a heaven and a hell. You either go to heaven, or you go to hell. If you are a sinner, and you repent, they belief is that Jesus died for your sins. What....do you think there's some consequences or punishment when you go to heaven for your sins? No, there isn't. The price of the punishment has already been paid, because jesus was the SACRIFICIAL LAMB, meaning, he substituted himself to absorbed the punishment for your sins.

As someone that spent years in the church, and taught this crap, I can tell you, that that is one of the top basic teachings of christianity.

Quote:
Where is this judgement free zone you speak of in the Gospel?
lol....where in my post did I say there was a judgement free zone?

Old 11-29-2017, 02:11 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,966,065 times
It all depends on which version and interpretation of whose Bible you want to believe. It's been translated, changed and re-written over the centuries based on who was in power and many chapters were deleted along the way. There are hundreds of religions in the world, and it's pretty presumptuous of us to think the one we believe is the only correct one.

If people want to believe the Bible, that's fine. But they shouldn't try and make laws for the rest of us based on just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies