Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 02:26 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,176,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
Because jesus was a jew. It's not just his interpretation....it's pretty much the interpretation of what Christians believe.

Again, answer my question. I'll repeat it.
Simply SHOW me. Are you telling me that there isn't ONE single quote in the Gospel that solidifies your claim?

So, you're making things up. If not, then show me where Jesus explicitly states that there are no consequences.

It's that simple. Just show me. Convert me to atheism, so I can do whatever and simply YOLO!!!!

You can't do it though, so it's futile.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:31 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,335,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
How is this proof of anything either direction?
The interesting thing is this does indicate there may be more to the accusations than meets the eye. Could someone have drawn to a conclusion before checking out the facts? This is what it appears to be.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:33 PM

693 posts, read 354,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Simply SHOW me. Are you telling me that there isn't ONE single quote in the Gospel that solidifies your claim?

So, you're making things up. If not, then show me where Jesus explicitly states that there are no consequences.

It's that simple. Just show me. Convert me to atheism, so I can do whatever and simply YOLO!!!!

You can't do it though, so it's futile.

Go back and learn christian 101, you clearly don't understand the basic teachings.

I'll even throw in more from the bible (1 john 2:2)...
Quote:
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
Quote:
THIS is MY blood of the covenant, which will be shed on behalf of many for the forgiveness of sins.
Go back and learn what the covenant was, what the punishments for various sins were, and why christians believe that their sins are FORGIVEN based on jesus substituting himself as the sacrifice for YOUR sins.

I gave you my quote, now it's your turn to answer my question, which you're ignoring.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:34 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,878,064 times
Mo Brooks...what a joke! Look at the video of this chickenspit running away from a reporter on Capitol Hill.
https://youtu.be/WfpFDRzfR_w?t=45

Old 11-29-2017, 02:35 PM

15,587 posts, read 10,316,551 times
https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/935981169778266112

BREAKING NEWS: An attorney for U.S. Rep. John Conyers says the lawmaker has no plans to resign amid sexual harassment allegations.

Roy Moore: "Thanks, John!"

Old 11-29-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Go back and learn christian 101, you clearly don't understand the basic teachings.

I'll even throw in more from the bible (1 john 2:2)...

Go back and learn what the covenant was, what the punishments for various sins were, and why christians believe that their sins are FORGIVEN based on jesus substituting himself as the sacrifice for YOUR sins.

I gave you my quote, now it's your turn to answer my question, which you're ignoring.
No, you didn't give me a quote from the Gospel. You gave me a quote from the New Testament, and then someone else's interpretation of that quote, which is in DIRECT contrast to what was said by Jesus Christ.

It's sad that you know NOTHING about Christianity, but yet you taught it? So you taught everything based off of someone else's interpretation?

Christianity 101 can be found in the Gospel. Stop making things up.

Show me some quotes from Jesus where he said there are no consequences. It's that simple.

Forgiveness is not the same thing. I could whup your ass for crashing my car, and then forgive you later. Ya still gotta pay.

Jesus makes it very clear that there are consequences.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:42 PM

5,307 posts, read 2,094,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The interesting thing is this does indicate there may be more to the accusations than meets the eye. Could someone have drawn to a conclusion before checking out the facts? This is what it appears to be.
How, based on this article? I don’t see any indications of new insights, anything.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:46 PM

693 posts, read 354,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
No, you didn't give me a quote from the Gospel. You gave me a quote from the New Testament, and then someone else's interpretation of that quote, which is in DIRECT contrast to what was said by Jesus Christ.

It's sad that you know NOTHING about Christianity, but yet you taught it? So you taught everything based off of someone else's interpretation?

Christianity 101 can be found in the Gospel. Stop making things up.

Show me some quotes from Jesus where he said there are no consequences. It's that simple.

Forgiveness is not the same thing. I could whup your ass for crashing my car, and then forgive you later. Ya still gotta pay.

Jesus makes it very clear that there are consequences.

Am I on candid camera? The gospels ARE in the New Testament. The first quote was DIRECT from Jesus.

Yep...I'm convinced, you don't understand the basics of christianity.

Ironic, I gave you a quote direct from jesus, but you continue to ignore my questions. That's ok, come back with another post totally dodging my request. And I know you'll dodge it, because what you're claiming is not a "christian" taught belief.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Am I on candid camera? The gospels ARE in the New Testament. The first quote was DIRECT from Jesus.

Yep...I'm convinced, you don't understand the basics of christianity.

Ironic, I gave you a quote direct from jesus, but you continue to ignore my questions. That's ok, come back with another post totally dodging my request. And I know you'll dodge it, because what you're claiming is not a "christian" taught belief.
I'm not dodging anything. The onus is on YOU to come back with a quote that says there are NO consequences.

You provided me with evidence of nothing. And I never said the Gospel's weren't in the New Testament. Please point out where I said that. That's called a fallacy.

If you have to resort to fallacies to "prove" your point, you already lost. There is no point in continuing this conversation as you will continue to perpetuate your misguided beliefs without producing any evidence.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:58 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,384,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Another Alabama Republican had an opinion? Well, I'm convinced. What could possibly motivate her to be anything but 100% truthful?

That out of the way: Are you instructed to put a big fat lie as a headline, or is that something you thought up on your own?
Her opinion was that it proved the accusers were lying.

The Fact Is That the handwriting on the yearbook has been proved to be forged by Gloria (dem operative).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies