Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2017, 12:17 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,063,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
It depends - does Trump have a hotel or golf course in the area there so he can bill his stay to the taxpayers?

No more so than all the golf courses Obozo played while making "official" trips.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:19 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I think that if he admitted it or another man confirmed it, then MAYBE they'd believe it. I actually read an interesting article earlier today about a man who didn't believe his girlfriend when she said a man had just groped her, but did as soon as a male witness confirmed it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/s...=.86a33d381154

But I'm not sure it would make a difference. As OnOurWayHome noted, there are people who have publicly stated it didn't matter to them, and they would still vote for a pedophile over a Democrat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If Jones wins I wonder if anyone will learn a lesson and apologize for their vast generalizations about people who in the end are no different than most of them are?

I was told over and over that while Hillary was a terrible candidate, that we needed to vote for her anyway simply so the GOP didn't win. That is the same kind of thinking many who support Moore take.

If the people of Alabama elect Jones, it will show that they have more going for them then those who still defend their selection of Hillary.
The people of alabama are choosing the lesser of two evils. Child molestor over liberal.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:24 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,218,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
LOL, unnamed sources?

As for pay for play, how did that Project Veritas issue work out?

Old 12-11-2017, 12:26 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,218,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What poll[s] are you referring to? Last I heard he was UP by a few points over his opponent.
Fox News Poll: Enthused Democrats give Jones lead over Moore in Alabama | Fox News

Fox News Poll: Enthused Democrats give Jones lead over Moore in Alabama

Democrat Doug Jones holds a 10-point lead over Republican Roy Moore among likely voters in deep red Alabama.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:52 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,796,582 times
If you're in Hollywood or a comedian it's ok just ask Roman Polanski and all of his supporters that gave him awards. Barbara Walters told Corey Feldman to shutup on national TV because he said there was a problem.

Conservatives and republicans are held to a different standard

Old 12-11-2017, 12:52 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
No offense, but you are not familiar with the area, which is why you do not understand. The Gulf Coast of Florida has long been referred to the 'redneck riviera'. In fact, there is much intermingling and cultural homogeneity to the entire Gulf Coast. Can guarantee you the event attracted as many Alabamians as Floridians.
BULL -- I've been to the area many many many many many times.

I suspect there were more Alabamians then Floridians there - especially this time of year.

That still doesn't provide a sensible, reason for holding it in another state.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
If you're in Hollywood or a comedian it's ok just ask Roman Polanski and all of his supporters that gave him awards. Barbara Walters told Corey Feldman to shutup on national TV because he said there was a problem.

Conservatives and republicans are held to a different standard
You just make up stuff in your head -- Barbara Walters said to Feldman that the accusations were serious -- she never told him to shut up.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:10 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You just make up stuff in your head -- Barbara Walters said to Feldman that the accusations were serious -- she never told him to shut up.

Actually she said he was damaging an entire industry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsCM7NeFu5w

Old 12-11-2017, 01:23 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Well, at least you acknowledge my point about the potential of Air Force One delaying flights at a civilian airport.

You may be right, but I don't think your singular example alone....at least with the information provided...shows that I'm wrong. I had two related thoughts while reading that example:

1. What were the road conditions and weather like when Trump was in SLC? (If the weather and road conditions = enough below ideal....and the SS would have to deal with that....that might outweigh the flight inconvenience issue.

2. Where was he headed next?

---------

-----------

Your point re the promise from two or so weeks ago could be significant. I could see Kelly trying to get Trump to pay attention to that.
I did also acknowledge your scenario was still possible. Just sharing an example of the travel for a recent event.

Let’s see...I do think there was a little light snow off and on, but emphasis on light. It melted away quickly overall and I don’t recall any real freeway problems, etc. Maybe I will view the video of his visit and see if it was even snowing during that window he was here.

I remember being amused at how Raleigh basically shut down when we were visiting and got like 1/2” snow. Here we are ready with snow plows all the time and life goes on. Snow days would only happen in heavy snowfalls. It’s possible it was heavier at Hill, but unknown. Barring that, it would have been about the same experience in either place as far as getting around.

Afterwards he just went back to the WH, I read, so that would have been practically the same from SLC or Hill.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:25 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That still doesn't provide a sensible, reason for holding it in another state.
Already gave you one.

Candidates do this all the time. Just like when Hillary and Bill Clinton campaigned in Ft Mill South Carolina, for Charlotte North Carolina. The venue worked for them at that time.

Did you ask questions about that. Of course not. The MSM didn't tell you to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies