Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 08:26 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,474,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
This might be understandable if he were a liberal (right?) but this dude is one of the most extreme bible thumpers in that conservative state. Let's just call hypocrite on him already. He is clearly talking one set of standard to the voters and practicing another in his personal life but the tar is sticking fast to him now and his former friends are abandoning him in droves. How do you think he is going to fare in the special election now ?
What EXACTLY is there besides a single accusation from forty years ago?

Old 11-10-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Nope.

My opinion is that Moore is a complete sleaze.

And despite that, the GOP will stand behind him and Bama will send him to the senate, where he'll be the perfect POS to blend in with the other tRumpists in congress, eager to strip America's resources from the middle class and pack it up and put a bow on it for the rich.

And tRump's blue collar poorly educated "base" will swallow whatever lie the RW media feeds them about how their deteriorating circumstances are NOT a result of GOP policy.

It damages America, but it's still kinda fun to watch it all go down.

The damage this dimwit minority causes won't be permanent.

OK, I'm finished. You can go back to your "whataboutism" in order to deflect.

You're the one going on about an accusation and wanting someone to step aside due to it.

I hope you hold this same opinion from now on.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:27 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not really, big luther should have never been where he is anyway....
so in trumpland a loss is really a win!

Old 11-10-2017, 08:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,754,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Last night, instead of coming out and making a public denial, Moore went into hiding and released some cowardly statement about "fake news."

If this slob has anything resembling courage and is truly innocent of these allegations, he'll come out early today with a public appearance and detail his defense of his innocence.

Or, he'll just deflect and blame it all on the Bible.

After all, it says what he did wasn't wrong at all, according to the GOP machine in Bama.

It's OK if a "christian" does it.

Roy Moore believes that the Bible is the ultimate reference for right or wrong. The Bible certainly doesn't prohibit older men from sexual relationships with younger women. Therefore Roy Moore would believe that he was in the right.

The problem as I see it is that Roy Moore has been given the responsibility of upholding the laws of our nation, but he doesn't respect those laws. He respects his interpretation of the Bible, and he applies his Christian beliefs to how he wields the laws of this nation. Laws that were explicitly not about advancing a specific religion.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
The fact really hurt you don't they? Innocent until proven guilty, does that really go over your head? what don't you understand about it? If you have proof he is guilty feel free to post it.
do you say the same for Clinton?

Old 11-10-2017, 08:30 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,474,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Just to be clear
Most of the time you do make things up
or
you don't understand because of the lack of thought process one needs to take thoughts to the next level
or
because of your partisan blinders.
Whichever one it is, you don't learn from mistakes.

So dems want to close bases to downsize our military? Then why don't they do it?? The president controls troop movements and can bring them home at any time. So the dems SAY they are for downsizing military but elect leaders who aren't? Yea that makes a lot of sense in your bizarro world.

Since when is most of that the responsiblity of the Federal government? That's what you don't get. They both believe in a progressive government for their causes. Lets spend the peoples money on A, no lets spend it on B. How about we follow the constitution and go back to a limited federal government with most of the power being with the states?

Marriage? Who are you or anyone to say someone can or can't get married? That's getting government involved either way you look at it. Good ole progressivism strikes again.

Immigration IS one of the duties of the Federal government. Why do you want to let in immigrants when we can't take care of our own? America should be a shining example of what a nation should be like, but we can't take in everyone. You have a problem with that or the wall? Is the wall going to keep illegals out or to keep us in? Is the wall around China for keeping people from Hong Kong out or for keeping people from China in? Reacting to a symptom instead of addressing the cause. A lack of a thought process does that.
Get rid of the welfare state and you wont have people coming over for welfare.

Marijuana? Again So the dems are for decriminalizing marijuana but elect leaders who aren't? When obama was in office there was still an emphasis by the DEA on marijuana.

Which crony capitalism is better? Whose big government has helped the economy? I only see it hurting the economy but then again when you look for the truth, you'll find it.

Is it kicking in yet that the big government isn't working? You want to help? So do I. The difference between you and me is I refuse to repeat the same mistakes that don't work. It isn't about leadership, it's about policy.
I don't make anything up.

And let's make one thing clear, being against the wall doesn't equal being for illegal immigration!

Old 11-10-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Besides the person who admitted doing it? Good post though.
he's pleading not guilty.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Leigh Corfman's friends corroborated her story indicating that she shared the details with them at the time.

Really?

Here is what WaPo said:

Quote:
Two of Corfman's childhood friends say she told them at the time that she was seeing an older man, and one says Corfman identified the man as Moore.
Where are those details?

Let me guess, "You have the Internet and can go substantiate my accusations. I just get to make them. You have to research that they are true."

Old 11-10-2017, 08:33 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,882,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
You don't know if they are lying or not and that is a fact, He is innocent until proven guilty and your attitude is disgusting. This isn't about bill Cosby and he admitted paying women off, not even close to the same thing, Weinstein also admitted he did it you seem confused.
Innocent until proven guilty means he won't go to jail until convicted by a jury. In such a trial, the state will have the burden of evidence to show that he committed some crime beyond a reasonable doubt. It is not a blanket instruction to disbelieve any allegation until adjudicated.

You are free to believe Roy Moore's denial. Others are free to believe his accusers. I suspect that who is believed will fall heavily along the lines of who liked Roy Moore in the first place.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:33 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,141,704 times
These same people defending moore. Were creaming themselves in post about Weinstein and Anthony Weiner.

4 woman have spoken out and I’m sure there were/are more. The wave has just started
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies