Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 10:53 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What exactly did the 30 witnesses say?
if you are really that interested why don't you look it up?

why do you keep asking the same questions over and over?

the only reasons I can think of is that 1) you really don't care and 2) you don't want to risk finding out the truth.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:54 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Multiple accusers" = 3.

Who cares whether Moore was supported by Bannon? What does that have to do with anything? I supported Moore as well. Strange was not a "Trump guy," even though Trump may have supported him.

The timing is way off for credibility, but not for political motivation. Why would these women, after 38 years, decide to "come forward?" What is their motivation if not political? They are simply not believable.
Well...go read the Washington Post article and you will find that the woman who was 14 at the time this occurred is a registered republican and voted for Trump in 2016. Regarding the other three, According to campaign reports, none of the women has donated to or worked for Moore’s Democratic opponent, Doug Jones, or his rivals in the Republican primary, including Sen. Luther Strange, whom he defeated this fall in a runoff election.

So it might be time for you to find a new excuse for this guy

Old 11-10-2017, 10:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The primary accuser is a Trump supporter. Trump endorsed Luther Strange. If this was politically motivated, she would have come forth before the run off. No way Alabama is going to elect a Democrat.

Looks like a majority in Alabams prefer someone who puts HIS interpretation of the bible before that of the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Constitution. Looks like a majority in Alabama have no problem with electing someone twice removed from state office due to his inability to separate church and state.

The majority in Alabama are not going to elect a Democrat.

Moore is an religious extremist whack job and a majority in Alabama prefer this.

Moore will be the perfect guy to represent their interests.

He's a solid "christian" with strong support from the holier-than-thou crowd.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:56 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
You're being intellectually dishonest to reach a conclusion based on nothing more than baseless assertions. You believe what you choose; I'll believe what I know.
You don't know whether these assertions are true or not. So you are making a choice, based not on facts, but on your feelings. That's perfectly okay. That's what most people do. But please don't say you have facts about these allegations.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:57 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Moore will be the perfect guy to represent their interests.

He's a solid "christian" with strong support from the holier-than-thou crowd.

Jeezus. It's nutcakes like this Ziegler guy that make me thank god I'm a heathen.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:58 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,309 times
At people thinking this is politically motivated when Alabama backward country residents will vote red regardless

Old 11-10-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
If Roy Moore is not guilty he can sue for defamation.

I can understand why the young women/girls did not speak up earlier. In that day sexual abuse incidents were kept secret within the family, maybe not even shared with parents. Keep in mind the fact that Roy Moore had a powerful position in the community. Today women are speaking up about abuse by powerful men, not the case when these events happened.
He's not going to sue for defamation. And neither is his wife. Such a lawsuit would put the onus on him to prove that he never was involved with the 14-year-old. Given the amount of time that has passed, he can't prove that. He's just going to deny he did anything inappropriate, and hope that his supporters aren't swayed by these allegations.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
yeah, Ron Brown murdered day before he was to testify against the Clintons.. then Ron Browns lawyer is gunned down in the street the next day.. they both knew too much.
Thank you for making my point for me.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And you seem to automatically believe an accusation from forty years ago right before an election and run with guilty until proven innocent.
I don't automatically believe an accusation. I don't automatically dismiss it either. The accusation isn't standing on its own. The accusation is standing on support from her friends at the time who remember her telling them she was involved with an older man, one of whom remembers her saying that the older man was Roy Moore. The accusation is further supported by the evidence of three other women who have offered up statements that Roy Moore pursued relationships with them when they were just teenagers.

I totally understand why Roy Moore's supporters would not want to believe these allegations, and why Roy Moore would deny them.

I also totally understand why a 14-year-old girl in 1979 would not have come forward against a prominent lawyer and prosecutor. And I understand why women are feeling empowered today to tell their stories, about how it feels for women to be able to speak out about these incidents in their lives.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:10 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't think Harvey Weinstein's accusers were concerned with the Alabama Senate election.

The fact that you can't understand that is what is sick.
Well, your side tried it with Mr. Trump and look how that turned out. We found out only recently there were people who had that tape and most certainly did wait until the most opportune time that their sinister motive would do the most harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies