Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 10:44 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
By that definition then Kevin Spacey is completely innocent. All those that accuse him now should have come out years ago.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nobody's saying he's actually guilty. It's an election, not a court of law.

What they're saying is that the people of Alabama and the Republican party should not be considering a candidate for office who has 4 women who at the time were teenagers, who say that he pursued them sexually, in some cases molested them, and/or plied them with alcohol while they were under the legal drinking age.

A district attorney in his 30s doing that sort of thing is morally bankrupt.

Why should he be the candidate for that office with this sort of scandal going?
I mean - Republicans sure didn't hesitate to blame Kevin Spacey and Mark Halperin. They made thread after thread. No proof required.

But when it comes to a homophobic, crazy old judge in Bama - suddenly proof is demanded.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:45 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,196,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The Clinton murder list.
yeah, Ron Brown murdered day before he was to testify against the Clintons.. then Ron Browns lawyer is gunned down in the street the next day.. they both knew too much.

34,619 posts, read 21,649,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I assumed I didn't want any of the Duke Lacrosse players holding public office while they were on trial.

Naturally, now that they've been exonerated, if they were the best candidate(s), I would see no issue with them running or being elected.

See how that works?
Should they have been kept out of school or should the women on campus be forced to be in class with an alleged rapist?

20,884 posts, read 9,572,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why would these women, after 38 years, decide to "come forward?" What is their motivation if not political? They are simply not believable.
Because they want the nation to know that the guy running for US senate is a creep. No different than all the women who accused Clinton of various misdeeds suddenly came out just as he was running for president.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:46 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,295,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, does the 18-year-old count as molestation of an under age girl? If not, why, because 18 is legal in Alabama?

The 17-year-or was also legal.

He never went on a date with the 16-year-old, so what are the accusations again?
Buying alcohol for minors (when nothing bad even happened) landed some adults who live not to far from me on house arrest.

Why should a guy who did that be allowed to run for public office?

Come on.

You're ignoring the 14yo entirely? What about the 16yo he tried to date whose mom forbade it?

You don't care that he gave alcohol to a minor (the drinking age was 19) while on dates with her as a man in his mid thirties?

Well, okay... I guess you're clearly on the side of slimy district attorney behavior, so we don't have much else to discuss.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:46 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,913,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
More fake news. Where were these women 30 years ago???? I hope Judge Moore sues for defamation and bankrupts these liars.
Good luck.

I love the fact that you don't have a clue as to why a teenaged girl might have kept silent decades ago when the man was a prominent member of the legal community. What could possibly have been the repercussions to her?

Old 11-10-2017, 10:47 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,649,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Exactly.

I mean - Republicans sure didn't hesitate to blame Kevin Spacey and Mark Halperin. They made thread after thread. No proof required.

But when it comes to a homophobic, crazy old judge in Bama - suddenly proof is demanded.
Oh, so you think it's a goose and gander kind of thing where two wrongs make a right. I see.

923 posts, read 496,007 times
Reports developing now that there is phone video evidence of the WaPo "reporter" offering $1,000 to accuse Moore of sexual misconduct.

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
Quote:
To make sure I understand you, you believe every politician should step aside based on a single accusation?
Your stubborn refusal to understand, if your silly posts are a reflection of your view on this, is evident. More likely it's not that you don't understand, it's just your continued weak deflection, constantly trying to make it about me.

It's OK.

Your steadfast approval for the child molesting Moore is coming through loud and clear.

He's got your support.

If you're in Bama, he's got your vote.

34,941 posts, read 36,295,598 times
Quote:
Should they have been kept out of school or should the women on campus be forced to be in class with an alleged rapist?
They were regular students. I assume that if they were out on bail, they were free to go to class.

Kind of like how Moore is free to move about his local area conducting typical business.

I cannot recall whether or not the players kept going to class, but I think they were not allowed to play?

It's been awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies