Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 10:02 AM

18,471 posts, read 7,112,043 times

Advertisements

What I find hilarious in all these discussions is the notion that all teenage girls who engage in relationships with older guys are just innocent victims.

When I was 17 I dated a 15 year old who could have taught a lot of 30 year old women a thing or two.

Later on when I was in my 20's I dated a girl who said she was 21.....she had a car, a job and even a drivers license that said she was indeed 21. I had no reason at all not to believe her.

I found out a few months after we broke up that she was only 17.

Teenage girls can be quite conniving.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:04 AM

42,868 posts, read 26,366,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
And you continue acting like a liberal blabber Looks like you enjoy doing it instead of using your reading comprehension.
And I suppose supporting a guy who dresses like Woody from Toy Story and can't keep his hands off of young girls is an indication of good judgment and mental acuity

Old 11-15-2017, 10:08 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,350,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
Nothing in politics is black or white and nothing is as clear cut as it seems. If you believe that it is, I have a bridge to sell to you.
This is a straw man argument. And you need to be called out on it.

The question was, is, and always has been: Are you suggesting victims should only speak up when it is politically convenient for the accused. Yes or no. If your answer is no, then it is a moot point to wonder about the timing. You can try to sell me whatever you desire, but the question was, is, and always has been a straightforward question. Yes or no.

Realize that when you conjure up straw man arguments and avoid answering the question, you diminish your credibility AND your sincerity.

Hope this lesson helps.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:11 AM

19,709 posts, read 12,279,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What I find hilarious in all these discussions is the notion that all teenage girls who engage in relationships with older guys are just innocent victims.

When I was 17 I dated a 15 year old who could have taught a lot of 30 year old women a thing or two.

Later on when I was in my 20's I dated a girl who said she was 21.....she had a car, a job and even a drivers license that said she was indeed 21. I had no reason at all not to believe her.

I found out a few months after we broke up that she was only 17.

Teenage girls can be quite conniving.
They are still teens.

It is easier these days to validate ages and other info on people.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:15 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,672,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And I suppose supporting a guy who dresses like Woody from Toy Story and can't keep his hands off of young girls is an indication of good judgment and mental acuity
Where did I say i supported Moore. All i said that I find it strange that the accusations came up only before the general election. Maybe you need to have better mental acuity

Old 11-15-2017, 10:15 AM

39,278 posts, read 27,671,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
College guy is not 30.

In 1978 I began a relationship with a 40 year old I was 19 when it started.

Looking back now - -he should have known better. I wasn't completely naive and yes I went along with it...but what a stupid idea. It wasn't right. I wasn't ready for a relationship with a man who had had two marriages, etc.

I was naive, he wasn't.

It wasn't right -- and NONE of my friends or family knew because guess what -- they would have freaked out.

It just wasn't right. I wish I had been a little more mature, secure and aware.

I wish he had been a little smarter and caring for my well being.
I agree with this. Down to earth and honest post.

I personally have no ideas why SOME women enjoy dating OLD men. Older, fine; OLD?

Some women also like to date married men. I can't understand that either.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
This is a straw man argument. And you need to be called out on it.

The question was, is, and always has been: Are you suggesting victims should only speak up when it is politically convenient for the accused. Yes or no. If your answer is no, then it is a moot point to wonder about the timing. You can try to sell me whatever you desire, but the question was, is, and always has been a straightforward question. Yes or no.

Realize that when you conjure up straw man arguments and avoid answering the question, you diminish your credibility AND your sincerity.

Hope this lesson helps.
Don't go on blabbering about straw man argument. Accusers can bring up accusations at any time but the timing was strange. If you cant comprehend it then I don't know what to say.

I agree that McConnel tipped off WaPo once he found out Moore was certain to win the senate race and come crashing into his own little group.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:23 AM

For the record I actually prefer the democratic candidate to win. I was only questioning the power play that was going on.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:24 AM

50,406 posts, read 64,129,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I beg to differ. I knew plenty of girls in my high school who dated college guys. We hated those guys.
No kidding. In the 60s and seventies, when I was a teen, It was at the tale end of the June Cleaver era. We only went to college to meet a man, if you were a student who could snag a professor it was considered a coup. I got engaged to a college senior when I was a senior in high school and I was the envy of all my friends.

Nobody is talking about 14 year olds dating older men....that wasn’t kosher then either.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:25 AM

592 posts, read 415,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies