Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 09:04 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,949,906 times

Advertisements

If you have never walked in his shoes don't be too quick to judge. Those in the know understand this sentiment very well. It may not be the right thing to do and I don't condone it but I fully understand the feeling. My punishment would be.... Sergeant, don't ever let me see this action again. Those of you who want him severely punished I have a few words for you that I can't say on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 09:17 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
while in principal, I am opposed to urinating on enemy dead, is it possible the body was on fire?

Old 11-10-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
while in principal, I am opposed to urinating on enemy dead, is it possible the body was on fire?

It's possible.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:30 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,790 times
People will do some strange things when exposed to extreme situations. Combat is the most extreme for most people.
Unless you have been in combat you have no right to cast a judgement or even an opinion on those combat servicemen/women.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
People will do some strange things when exposed to extreme situations. Combat is the most extreme for most people.
Unless you have been in combat you have no right to cast a judgement or even an opinion on those combat servicemen/women.

Amen! I would bet that most on here have not had the "privilege."

Old 11-11-2017, 09:16 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,921,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
If you have never walked in his shoes don't be too quick to judge. Those in the know understand this sentiment very well. It may not be the right thing to do and I don't condone it but I fully understand the feeling. My punishment would be.... Sergeant, don't ever let me see this action again. Those of you who want him severely punished I have a few words for you that I can't say on this forum.
Personally, I think you're reacting emotionally & irrationally to assume some folks desire this guy to be 'severely punished'. At the same time, expecting others to be unable to question his & his peers behavior in this particular situation is ridiculous. Why is it seemingly necessary to create a 'Warrior Caste' whose behavior is unquestionable?

Likely part & parcel in a militaristic Country, however it'd be more helpful to deal with the natural consequences of that, & to competently address those interrelated problems.

Old 12-15-2017, 02:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Their country?
Yes. As in ‘not yours.’
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"One thing my platoon sergeants always taught us was that if you find yourself in combat, you ALWAYS respect your enemy’s sacrifice the way you’d want him to respect yours"

It is also said, "When in Rome, do like the Roman's do"!

These enemies have no idea what the word "respect" means.
They aren’t our enemies. We’re theirs. We’re invading their country...they aren’t invading ours.

Old 12-15-2017, 03:10 PM

31,011 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The Taliban are Afghans. That’s all they need to be.

The Taliban didn’t invade our country. We invaded theirs. Are they supposed to have a Coke and a smile and just let that happen? Is that what you’d do if they invaded your country?

I don’t know how they treat our dead soldiers, but our soldiers aren’t supposed to be there in the first place.

Liberal outrage? Uhhh...the military, not exactly a liberal bastion, prosecuted him.
The Taliban had all the opportunity in the world to hand over Bin Laden, after Al Queda attacked us. They, and Al Queda are responsible for every thing they get.

Old 12-15-2017, 03:13 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Stupid, yes, especially from an NCO. That said it is war, bad things happen and are done, we cannot expect those involved to be too overly sympathetic towards those that had been trying to kill them and may have killed some of their friends and soldiers. War is ugly and it is why those that have done it do not relish the idea of doing it more.

Now if we could get those who start them yet don't participate to believe the same, THEN we'd really have something!

Old 12-15-2017, 04:41 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,484,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
No I don't agree. We have to uphold standards. There's a reason we have civil control of our military instead of the military controlling itself. Our Constitution establishes the fact that non-military will control and judge the members of the military. To hold it and its behaviors in check. The taliban may be highly uncivilized but we are not to lower ourselves to their level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies