Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 09:39 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
They are pulling shows and stopping movies that have people in the entertainment industry "accused" of many inappropriate things and I am not making light of it,just the opposite. Yet we ignore the actual tape recording of the President wanting to grab women by their ______ and he all so has alleged harassment complaints against him. Why the double standard,why is OK for trump to do it but not anyone else?
Because Trump fans don't care about sexual assault but movie fans do.

Sad that we have higher standards for actors who play Presidents on TV than we do for actual Presidents

Old 11-14-2017, 09:41 AM

29,432 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
They are pulling shows and stopping movies that have people in the entertainment industry "accused" of many inappropriate things and I am not making light of it,just the opposite. Yet we ignore the actual tape recording of the President wanting to grab women by their ______ and he all so has alleged harassment complaints against him. Why the double standard,why is OK for trump to do it but not anyone else?

Here's the thing. Non of this should be happening over "allegations". What happened to the presumption of innocence ? Everyone is up in arms over the 1st amendment, or the 2nd but what about the 5th ? Can't accusing someone of something and not being able to prove it be considered slander ? Now I understand many of these claims that are being made have happened so many years ago that proving it will be tough. But doesn't the burden of proof fall on the accuser ? Why wait so long ?

Old 11-14-2017, 09:42 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
So he never said he did it?

LOL,yeah he did listen to it again.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:43 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Here's the thing. Non of this should be happening over "allegations". What happened to the presumption of innocence ? Everyone is up in arms over the 1st amendment, or the 2nd but what about the 5th ? Can't accusing someone of something and not being able to prove it be considered slander ? Now I understand many of these claims that are being made have happened so many years ago that proving it will be tough. But doesn't the burden of proof fall on the accuser ? Why wait so long ?
I see your point but since the GOP is the one doing the accusations others need to fire back.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:52 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,144 times
Quote:
Trump fans don't believe the video, they call it fake news.

I'm not joking. I showed the video to a Trump supporting family member and they denied he said it seconds after I showed it to them

Old 11-14-2017, 12:26 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Quote:

I didn’t watch the video. I read the article.

What is the exact quote he made that he admits he did it?

Disclosure: I didn’t vote for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.