Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 08:14 AM

32,122 posts, read 34,797,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
We wanted him and we still want him and still support him. I don't see the point of your post.
Until he's sitting in federal prison, at which point you'll forget you ever supported him just as Republicans forgot they overwhelmingly supported the invasion of Iraq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 08:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,584,853 times
The GOP has mostly surrendered to tRumpism.

With very few exceptions, Pubs in DC are busy deflecting, stalling, and continuing to support the bozo.

It's clear that he'll continue to have strong GOP support from the Pub machine as well as his poorly educated, angry, frightened base and hate radio, Fox News, etc as long as he remains.

I report. You decide.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:17 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times
Quote:
We wanted him and we still want him and still support him. I don't see the point of your post.
Agree. I like Trump so I'm not sure what the OP's point is. He must be getting his daily dose of liberal media.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
A lot of DEMOCRATS voted for Trump..
Very true. I live around life time Democrats and they voted for Trump. This is not the Democrat party they supported all those years.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:20 AM

36,588 posts, read 30,939,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Not every Republican voted for Trump in the primaries, including myself.
Me either. I voted in the Democratic primary because when I registered to vote at 18 I was a democrat. Some 40 years later I never changed that so I voted for Sanders in the primary.
So OP, what about Sanders who would have gotten a lot of both democratic and republican votes had the democrats not WANTED Hillary.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:24 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,876,906 times
Quote:

^^^^ You made his point for him. Even though Trump has proven to be a horrible President, and has not kept any significant promises to Trumpees, they continue to say "We wanted him and still want him and still support him."

Kinda like people sitting on the deck of a sinking ship saying "The view is now much better because the boat is lower in the water!"

Old 11-10-2017, 08:26 AM

25,994 posts, read 22,187,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

With very few exceptions, Pubs in DC are busy deflecting, stalling, and continuing to support the bozo.

It's clear that he'll continue to have strong GOP support from the Pub machine as well as his poorly educated, angry, frightened base and hate radio, Fox News, etc as long as he remains.

I report. You decide.

By Trumpism, do you mean "nationalism" and that would be a yes in my case vs globalism. Also, I find the constant name calling of Trump to be.............but then I consider the source. Wonkette? Willie Wonka news? Yeah, I doubt that would interest me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Agree. I like Trump so I'm not sure what the OP's point is. He must be getting his daily dose of liberal media.
I think it has to do with "post count for the cause", you know the "cause" when it comes to the defeat of the morally, mentally and physically incompetent Clinton and the continued inability to "heal" themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Very true. I live around life time Democrats and they voted for Trump. This is not the Democrat party they supported all those years.
Exactly. Trump is the first GOP candidate for POTUS that I voted for. I voted 3rd party in 2008 and 2012, all other elections, the Democratic candidate starting off with McGovern (I was kind of young and dumb then about the world).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Me either. I voted in the Democratic primary because when I registered to vote at 18 I was a democrat. Some 40 years later I never changed that so I voted for Sanders in the primary.
So OP, what about Sanders who would have gotten a lot of both democratic and republican votes had the democrats not WANTED Hillary.
Isn't that the million dollar question?

Old 11-10-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

I report. You decide.

Hillary teamed with Jay-Z to help her get elected but nothing about that right. Here's what Jay-Z thinks about women... Your kids listen to this crap so how do you expect boys and men to think about women?

You know I - thug em, f8ck em, love em, leave em
Cause I don't f8ckin need em
Take em out the hood, keep em lookin good
But I don't f8ckin feed em

First time they fuss I'm breezin
Talkin bout, "What's the reasons?"
I'm a pimp in every sense of the word, b8tch
Better trust than believe em
In the cut where I keep em
til I need a nut, til I need to beat the guts

Then it's, beep beep and I'm pickin em up
Let em play with the d8ck in the truck
Many chicks wanna put J8gga fist in cuffs
Divorce him and split his bucks

Just because you got good head, I'ma break bread
so you can be livin it up? **** I..
parts with nothin, y'all be frontin

Me give my heart to a woman?
Not for nothin, never happen
I'll be forever mackin
Heart cold as assassins, I got no passion
I got no patience
And I hate waitin..
Hoe get yo' ass in
And let's RI-I-I-I-I-IDE.. check em out now
RI-I-I-I-I-IDE, yeah
And let's RI-I-I-I-I-IDE.. check em out now
RI-I-I-I-I-IDE, yeah

Old 11-10-2017, 08:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,191,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
^^^^ You made his point for him. Even though Trump has proven to be a horrible President, and has not kept any significant promises to Trumpees, they continue to say "We wanted him and still want him and still support him."
or maybe people voted for him because they DONT WANT GOVERNMENT mandating every single thing they do, so him not getting anything done is significant.

As for him not getting any "promises" done, cant we argue that Congress is a roadblock given thats where laws are written, while you guys whine about how his EO's are destroying the nation?

Old 11-10-2017, 08:33 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,266,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

As for him not getting any "promises" done, cant we argue that Congress is a roadblock given thats where laws are written, while you guys whine about how his EO's are destroying the nation?
About the only thing Dems got done in the last administrations 8 years is the destructive Obamacare. They whined about the obstructionism and now they are doing the same.

It appears getting anything done through Congress will be impossible no matter who sits in the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies