Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 05:36 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,224,548 times

Advertisements

If a male hollywood exec tells a female actress that if she sleeps with him she will get a role in a movie. Then the female actress sleeps with him to get that role. Can she come out and say "#metoo" and claim sexual harassment? If this is the case, how come I haven't read any cases of this lately?

Are they keeping quiet because people will think they didn't "earn" the role?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2017, 05:50 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,599,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
If a male hollywood exec tells a female actress that if she sleeps with him she will get a role in a movie. Then the female actress sleeps with him to get that role. Can she come out and say "#metoo" and claim sexual harassment? If this is the case, how come I haven't read any cases of this lately?

Interesting...

Old 11-12-2017, 05:53 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,582,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Interesting...
Super Interesting... I automatically think that if Helen Mirren isn't the lead female in a movie, then the female lead slept with Director or Producer.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:05 AM

1,239 posts, read 506,611 times
Quote:

That easily fits under the definition of sexual harassment.
I'm sure we'll hear about a few older cases like this, but I doubt any current stories will come out for a multitude of reasons, including the one you suggested.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:14 AM

19,426 posts, read 12,075,024 times
Quote:

That and they would be absolutely shamed and blamed for perpetuating harassment of women who would not do it, being a s**t, a sellout, stealing roles from more talented actresses, etc.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:06 AM

21,022 posts, read 19,483,733 times
Good point. For everyone that refused Harvey Weinstein’s advances/harassments, there were probably 9 that used him for personal gain.

...or else why would he keep doing it?

Old 11-13-2017, 09:40 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,122,580 times
Change the phrasing... "if you don't sleep with me, you won't get this part and I'll make sure you don't get parts anywhere else in Hollywood."

Because that is what pretty much happens in these scenarios.

Now, if some dude says "hey.. make you a deal.. you have sex with me and I'll make you a star!" Well, this is an exchange where terms are laid out.

If the person agrees to the terms, I don't think they get to complain later over it. Especially if there's an understanding that this person doesn't plan to sabotage the other person's career if they don't comply.

That's the power aspect at play.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:49 AM

1,239 posts, read 506,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Change the phrasing... "if you don't sleep with me, you won't get this part and I'll make sure you don't get parts anywhere else in Hollywood."

Because that is what pretty much happens in these scenarios.

Now, if some dude says "hey.. make you a deal.. you have sex with me and I'll make you a star!" Well, this is an exchange where terms are laid out.

If the person agrees to the terms, I don't think they get to complain later over it. Especially if there's an understanding that this person doesn't plan to sabotage the other person's career if they don't comply.

That's the power aspect at play.
The power aspect makes your second example, sexual harassment. It's basically what Louis CK copped to, and he didn't even have a quid pro quo with the girls he did it to.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:49 PM

17,930 posts, read 27,339,625 times
Quote:

Not a question that's ever been on my radar actually.

Answer me this... Do you think it's possible the butcher winds up with the best of the best cut of meat and it never reaches the consumer floor?

Hollywood, liberals, the msm etc. sicken me. Weaponizations of accusations sicken me as well.

Watching Hollywood and Broadway eat themselves pleases me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
That easily fits under the definition of sexual harassment.
I'm sure we'll hear about a few older cases like this, but I doubt any current stories will come out for a multitude of reasons, including the one you suggested.

I'd imagine there's a prosecuting attorney or two out there willing to provide counseling for someone on this matter.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-13-2017 at 01:44 PM..

Old 11-13-2017, 01:44 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,756,384 times
Great Thread Fresh Fresh !!

I guess there has been ZERO harrassment the past 5-10 years in Hollywood (since all of the allegations are older than that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Super Interesting... I automatically think that if Helen Mirren isn't the lead female in a movie, then the female lead slept with Director or Producer.
HA !!

Actually Helen Mirren would be one actress possibly worth risking a career over.

Even though they're both 15 years our Senior.........Mrs. Hound & I have joked that she'd be OK if I stepped out one evening with Ms. Mirren as long as she could have a one nighter with Sean Connery.

Yeah, Yeah.....she's a good actress too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies