Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 04:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's, no doubt, important to understand when a leader wants abortion banned, it's very much all right for that leader to be any kind of extreme sinner to many conservative Christians. If Moore wins his senate election, it will further prove how right I am.
Moore will win if he continues. Evangelicals have proven that christianity is far from their minds. They are basically a political group ~ wanting power at all costs to stop their two big issues: abortion and homosexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Man has said worse things about Jesus when he was here preaching on the earth.
Please do not ever compare Trump with Jesus. Gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Yep, God had a hand in the election of Donald Trump but not the way that Pat thinks.

Ever since Trump's election, we have seen 'Christians' trying to twist themselves trying to justify everything this man says or does. Trump says that he doesn't need forgiveness, brags about treating women as sex objects, has been married three times, doesn't really care about the poor and some 'Christians' still believe he was sent by God to restore this nation. Trump is against basic tenants of Christianity and yet they continue to believe that he will change everything. I think that Trump is being used by God to show the hypocrisy of some of these so called 'Christians'.

I put Pat Robertson in the same category as the Mr. 'The world will end on this date' Harold Camping. Both seemed to have gone off the deep end in their latter years.
I think we have learned that the 'moral majority' is dead. Evangelicals care far more about political power than they do the teachings of Christ. That is certainly what I learned last year. As long as they hang the gays and stop abortion - evangelicals couldn't care LESS what their elected leader is up to.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:26 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRcnJPQqY0c

I really enjoyed hearing a great author talk about President Trump and Recognizing God's hand in the election of President Trump.

I really think it was a divine intervention myself that President Trump was elected an electoral landslide.

Very heartwarming also that Pat Robertson one of the foremost biblical scholars talk about the possibility of supernatural intervention!
What a load of crap.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:27 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is not actually claiming to be Christian, and FOX is careful to never bring it up in the interviews.
Actually he does, listen to his own words in the video.

What are Donald Trump's religious beliefs? - CNNPolitics

Old 11-13-2017, 05:28 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
I'd like to get these religious nuts out of the Republican party altogether. No one with a brain can actually think President Trump believes this sort of crap. I know I certainly don't and that is one of the reasons his appeal was widened and one reason I support him.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:31 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
This old man Robertson is a crazy old coot. His 15 minutes of fame are long over. Get him off tv.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:47 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Actually he does, listen to his own words in the video.

What are Donald Trump's religious beliefs? - CNNPolitics
He said there is nothing like God? Sure sounds like his words. The fact that he does not believe he needs God's forgiveness sums up his relationship with God.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:51 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
God allows the good and the evil and all in between. Sometimes evil persist - many evil kings in the Bible. We have a free will to choose. But I’m sure HE is not happy being blamed for trump.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:53 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He said there is nothing like God? Sure sounds like his words. The fact that he does not believe he needs God's forgiveness sums up his relationship with God.
He said he was a Presbyterian, you have to listen to his words Finn.

The guy is no Christian, and never will be, my guess is his elegance lies elsewhere.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:53 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
This thread belongs on the religion forums.
Robertson is insane. It belongs in the psychology forum.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:50 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
This old man Robertson is a crazy old coot. His 15 minutes of fame are long over. Get him off tv.
He's also a greedy bastard. He once told an 80 year old woman living on a fixed income who said she was having difficulty keeping up her monthly tithing to his show that she should go out and get a job, put the contributions on credit cards, or sell her belongings on eBay to keep them going.

Anyone who believes he is a man of God is delusional. He represents no God I want anything to do with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies