Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2018, 10:48 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Quit treating and talking to your children, like they are children incapable of doing anything. They will mature to have more common sense at 8, to some 30 year olds.

Oh , my children are grown , and have long had the maturity to consider how their wants and actions affect others. My grandkids , on the other hand , behave exactly as the adolescent gun cult members do.

But then they are 8 and younger.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:49 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,552,583 times
Pull your children out of school. It's the only thing you can unilaterally do the reduce the chance they will be killed by a terrorist.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:49 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Getting rid of shotguns and handguns robs you of self protection?

Wow . I was under the impression they still manufactured knives and slingshots.

see what I did there?

Yes, you jumped to idiotic conclusions not based on any reality. Here let me try.

What? I cant drive my top fuel dragster on the city streets? That's an outrage. If we let them get away with this, the next thing you know they will be banning Mustangs and Corvettes, and then they will bans cars entirely and make us all take the bus. Its the slippery slope!!!

Yeah OK, jumping to conclusions without fact can be fun, I guess.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:22 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sometimes we need to sacrifice for the good of all....because it's not just us as individuals, it's us as a country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Since when should anyone give up their right to self protection? You want to give it up go ahead but how about you quit stomping on others rights? We fought a revolutionary war over that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Our founding fathers were all about the people in our country. Here we are in 2018 and it's all about me,me, me now
L is right natalie, our founding fathers ceated a country nased on rugged individualism. our rights were designed around the individual, not the state, and not the people as a whole. and the reason they created the constitution like they did was to prevent the government subjugating the individual. it has been said many times that armed people are citizens, and unarmed people are subjects. it has also been said that an armed society is a polite society.

but look at the way our bill of rights have been written, and look closely. they are designed around the individual. take the first amendment for instance, we have the right to freedom of religion. if i choose to be a christian, and you decide to be a muslim, then that is our choice as individuals. we are not forced into a particular religion.

same with freedom of assembly, we as an individual have the right to freely associate with whom ever we choose.

or tak our miranda rights, we have the right to remain silent, we have the right to an attorney, we have the right to have one appointed to us if we cant afford one. again it revolves around the individual. and that is true with ALL the individual rights, and gun rights are an individual right.

but again i reiterate, with rights come responsibilities. just because we have the right to keep and bear arms, of what ever arm we choose, we DO NOT have the right to use that firearm in an illegal manner. we cannot take a tool and use it to just wantonly kill someone, or to kill a group of someones. we cannot take our right to freedom of speech and say anything we wish regardless of what is said. the only thing we have no fear of is the government squashing our right to free speech as long as we speak the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Yes, you jumped to idiotic conclusions not based on any reality. Here let me try.

What? I cant drive my top fuel dragster on the city streets? That's an outrage. If we let them get away with this, the next thing you know they will be banning Mustangs and Corvettes, and then they will bans cars entirely and make us all take the bus. Its the slippery slope!!!

there is a difference between a right, owning firearms, and a privilege, driving a motor vehicle. but dont let that stop you from a perfectly good rant

Old 02-17-2018, 01:07 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:

Semi auto rifles are not "top fuel dragsters", they are common sporting, and self defense arms. Stop being overly dramatic, and emotional. However, if they are banned, and the shootings don't stop, what do you think will happen next? Banning semi auto rifles will have NO effect on violent crime because they are rarely used in crime.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:13 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Certain guns should be outlawed. But considering that violence against various groups was permitted over generations, it’s not surprising that it produced people obsessed with instruments for killing and savages that are obsessed with killing scores of people at a time.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
No I was making fun of you for making an idiotic statement. I wonder how long it will take before you make another?

Quote:
Driving isn't a right. So to answer my previous question in this post, Not very long

Quote:
Yeah OK, jumping to conclusions without knowing what a right is, can be fun, I guess.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:23 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Ok, here's one.

Fort Knox has all our gold protected with armed guards.

Yet we don't have or even allow that protection around our schools, which houses something even more precious than our gold. I propose a law that requires a certain percentage of the staff of schools be carrying a firearm and be trained on its safety and use.

That does not infringe on anyone's rights except those of the school shooter's.
yeah except it also ends up making the schools feel less safe for students and makes it feel more like a prison then a school. Our schools already look like prisons, I guess we can just go one step further and build watch towers with armed guards in them. Plus schools with armed guards will show a message to would be parents that this school is dangerous and so they will take their children to safer schools in rich communities or home school, and those that can't afford it will be stuck going to these dangerous schools who will get little funding because there will be no rich families funding them, and it will just spiral more and get worse. It will be similar to how in the 60s you had the nice white schools and the sub par black schools, except it will be class segregation rather than race segregation.

Schools should be a safe environment where the thought of your kids getting shot shouldn't even cross your mind, parents shouldn't be buying bullet proof backpacks, which is now becoming a popular thing. It's like we live in the wild west now. Also I think it's irresponsible to have teachers trained to shoot people, not everyone is emotionally strong enough to shoot a kid they taught and built a relationship with.

I don't have the answer on how to fix it, but it shouldn't be more guns, at least not for schools.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:33 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
I think people who want to further restrict guns and infringe on the 2nd amendment, should move to one of the several countries with heavy gun restrictions, and we'll all be happier.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:41 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Lets say (hypothetically) they place a ban AR-15's. How do you gun grabbers go about forcefully taking away these AR15's from law abiding Americans? What do expect to happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies