Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2017, 08:04 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
No. Would gun control advocates be willing to give up all restrictions on ownership and concealed and open carry if there was a federal training program that if passed would issue a license good for ANYWHERE in the United States? Said license would not state whether licensee owns guns or not..... just that he is legal to own and carry anywhere anytime.
We Both know the answer before you asked.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:07 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Exactly what it sounds like
LOL, would love to see someone try that with what many keep as standard stock. Oh, wait I see you would only register 5 rounds totAL, everything else gets confiscated, right?

Old 11-14-2017, 08:09 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
No, you have to explain it. If you mean something similar to what Maryland and New York had for fifteen years, at the cost of several million dollars, that solved exactly zero shootings I have to ask if that's what you're suggesting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.24b953a6c086

Insurance for what exactly?

Old 11-14-2017, 08:13 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Are you talking about a BG check to buy ammo, like in Commiefornia? I know a retired LE who worked in gang country in LA for 20 years, so he made some enemies. He can conceal carry, but must go through a BC just to buy ammo. That is just stupid.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:16 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
They don’t care what is happening to the family in this country, they don’t care about how people are turning their backs on morality and community and towards narcissism. They fight to let our enemies into our country. But they are worried about the guns.

Makes about as much sense as liberalism.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:20 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Are you talking about a BG check to buy ammo, like in Commiefornia? I know a retired LE who worked in gang country in LA for 20 years, so he made some enemies. He can conceal carry, but must go through a BC just to buy ammo. That is just stupid.
No, lets say a hypothetical device that reads the shooter's fingerprint or dna and ingrains it in the projectile so it can be traced back to the shooter and compared to a database for civil and criminal liability purposes.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:22 AM

764 posts, read 235,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
We Both know the answer before you asked.
Yes, but I really wanted to see the answer.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:26 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
When I said "reduction," I meant a reduction in the categories of weapons that are currently banned in certain States done in conjunction with the imposition of certain regulatory requirements such as insurance and a registry for bullets, along with civil liability for misuse of or carelessness with the bullets.
Doesn't sound very enforceable to me.

Not to mention there are currently hundreds of millions of rounds of ammo out there that remains good for decades....and then there's reloading.

The technology of weapons has just become too simple and easy to implement in modern society to try to control with these types of regulations.

It's like trying to limit the use of a rock by putting a computer chip on it.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:27 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Doesn't sound very enforceable to me.

Not to mention there are currently hundreds of millions of rounds of ammo out there that remains good for decades....and then there a reloading.

The technology of weapons has just become too simple and easy to implement in modern society to try to control with these types of regulations.

It's like trying to limit the use of a rock by putting a computer chip on it.
I understand that. I'm talking in the abstract. Assume that it is is technologically possible to do. Would gun owners accept it in exchange for broader gun-ownership rights?

Old 11-14-2017, 08:29 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
I'm not asking to take my proposal to the Supreme Court. I was asking if expanded gun ownership advocates would exchange an elimination of restrictions on certain weapons for an insurance requirement and a bullet registry.

A "bullet registry?"
"Exactly what t sounds like aye? Well, I'm another one who would have you explain how you would go about that. Really , this extremism in the anti gun crowd s getting pretty old. We are hearing more and more of these wacky terms that bring up my eyebrows.

They make up some good ones. It's hard to take seriously yet they are quite serious. I suppose they would just leave it up to the government their blind trust of it to come up with a method to register bullets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies