Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 05:32 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
That's exactly right, and I'd apply that to most laws. If you don't like your neighbor doing something that isn't harming anyone, you can personally go and stop them. Don't hide behind the law or the police like a coward.
Don't hide behind voting either.

If you don't want me to build a fence X feet high on my property, sell my body for sex, ingest a certain substance don't vote to send your goons after me. Knock on my door and try to stop me if it's that important to you.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:34 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
The right to say outweighs the right to own a gun - - 1 vs 2. But maybe the Founding Fathers loved all their Amendments equally.
lol No it doesn't. That's just something you made up. The right to life goes with the right to defend yourself, which is paramount. Without those rights, the others don't matter much.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Right, wrong or otherwise, Milennials might be the ones to make some measure of Gun Control a reality once they're old enough to vote, boycott, and lobby. It would be fair to say their generation has witnessed enough of these tragedies over the short span of their lives.

Florida school shooting: Students to march on Washington - BBC News
there are already thousands of gun control laws on the books now. and many of them have been violated in these mass shootings over the years. how many more gun control laws do you want?

how about instead we start enforcing the ones on the books now, and how about when LEOs get tips about these guys, the do something silly like investigate them instead of saying they cant find them, or what ever other excuse they choose to make.

and how about we decide that its time to protect our schools with something more substantial than a sign that says this is a gun free zone, because all that sign says is, no one here has a gun, so please come in and shoot up the place, chances are you wont be shot in the attempt.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:37 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Come & Take It!

1776 would commence all over again!

Remember Concord & Lexington?
Remember a little town in Texas. Gonzales?

That has not worked out so well for those wanting to disarm the people.
Oh for heaven's sake. Relax.

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I started this discussion in the guns and hunting forum but I now think it will be better suited for this forum:

The horrible recent school shooting in Florida has so many people screaming to ban the scary black guns like the AR15 that I am worried that this might just be the catalyst towards gun seizures.

In my state of MASS. we recently had bump stocks outlawed. The owner had a choice to turn in their bump stock to their local Police, it was not a buy back program so the owner gave up their property with no compensation OR after Feb1 you will face criminal prosecution.

I wonder how many held onto their bump stocks, thumbing their nose at an over reaching tyrannical gov. while risking arrest and no doubt confiscation of all their firearms if caught.

Who is to say that this won't happen again with the AR 15 and rifles like it.
What was legal yesterday is now banned not only to buy and sell but to possess.

I can't help but think if a ban, followed by so many days to turn in the guns or face seizure of "assault weapons" and criminal prosecution was to occur how many people would refuse to give up their guns.

For those who own one of these AR15's or a similar rifle if this does happen will you willingly give up your guns or will they have to arrest you and take them?

I am curious about how the good honest freedom loving law abiding gun owner that would never dream of using his or her gun for evil would handle this.

What would you do if the Police/ Feds came to your house to confiscate your beloved AR?

Would you comply?
Would you hide the gun and hope they didn't find it until this illegal seizure played itself out in the courts?
Would you stand ready with other gun owners to face down the authorities?

Making a stand for freedom could be very risky to your life depending on the amount of force the Police bring and your future when they prosecute you to years in prison.

What would you do if the Police came knocking on your door?
I sometimes wonder the about such posts here. Asking such a silly question and then feigning sincerity is so annoying.

No one is coming for anyone's guns, nor would the wives and girlfriends of law enforcement allow their loved ones to sign up for that duty!
The OP should do a little homework first.

5,301 posts, read 2,354,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Most people would lie and say "boating accident" or something. That would be the end of it, minus some threats, etc.

The 4th Amendment is pretty clear that government agents aren't allowed to simply enter homes and do whatever they want. And the NY and CT new post-Sandy Hook registration programs had 4% and 8% compliance, respectively. That was just telling them you had a certain type of gun and/or magazine. I would imagine surrender would be even less forthcoming.

Americans with guns are not the weak sheep the government, media and shrieking hysterics would like to think they are. If less than 10% comply with "you must comply with new registration law or else" programs, that should indicate the serious lack of willingness the people have for letting government simply take away their rights. Rubber meets the road and confiscation/seizures begin happening, and you'll be seeing Ruby Ridge and Waco repeated on an all too frequent basis.
Yep, and they'd try to frame it as "Well, they didn't do as the politicians told them to, so we had to go in and kill them. It's their own fault."

I'd like to believe that enough people would defend themselves and resist, and the government agents would eventually stop due to the number of casualties on their side.

...and notice I didn't include civilian casualties, sadly. They'll only stop if their own lives are threatened, unless they suddenly rethink what they're doing instead of blindly following orders.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:38 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They cannot even pay people to turn in their guns. With technology today, you can make your own gun and ammo.

Watch what happens, when they think they got everyone unarmed.
I bet each of the slaves, would have loved to have an AR.

They disarmed England, France and Aussie and it was not long before the people felt like someone elses property.
You forgot about the Jews in Germany. Officially disarmed by law in November of 1938.

I guess the next few years were sunshine and roses for them according to the Left.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:38 PM

18,735 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
NY has a strict gun control law. They call it the Safe Act. When they came out with it I was opposed. Now I see it was a good idea and necessary.
Do you feel that Americans would be safer in the long run, if we gave government the authority to decide who can own a gun and who couldn't? By whatever standards they feel like enacting? And giving them the power to enforce it by any means they find necessary?

Quote:
If FL had a Safe Act those kids would be alive today.
Do you feel that enacting one more law would result in people who don't obey laws, straightening out and obeying this new one?

Old 02-19-2018, 05:39 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times
A shootout with the local authorities would be uncommon even if they did go knocking on doors yelling "gun grabbers, open up!"

What would probably happen is that people would just move out of the states that were doing that to weapons friendly states and the country would slowly start to re-align itself towards a larger conflict, potentially another civil war but probably nothing like formal hostilities like we saw in the 1860's. I would say there is probably a large standoff looming somewhere on the horizon between the state and the citizens though.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:39 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
My AR15's.... Fat chance.

I do have two pre-ban M16's, and a couple silencers I registered (tax stamps and 8 month FBI background check for each item), that being said, its subjected to confiscation at any time the goverment wants it. There's nothing I can do if they come knocking on my door for them.

Blah.....nobody is coming for any guns, nor there will be any gun ban of any sort; its all wishful thinking among gun grabbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies