Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 12:01 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Hope ya saved some of those mags Those were the good ones, not the cheap plastic crap.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:01 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Guns only serve one purpose that is the distinction.

Hogwash

Guns serve many purposes.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:02 PM

29,474 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Do nothing and expect a change!

We’ve been there and done that for years now – "it’s time for a change!"

And many have offered up some real ideas that might help. Instead we get the deaf ear and ban , ban , ban... more restrictions, more laws , oh my... basically the same things we've been doing and guess what...nothings changed.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:03 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Several hundred years ago, maybe. Look, I do not own an assault rifle, but I do have a few old hunting rifles. I support the second amendment.

But this entire conversation is moot, because the people would never allow the government to seize their rifles. But here and now, in the 21st century, to actually consider yourself "going to war" against the US government is pure silliness. US invaders of the past did not have drones, predator missiles, tanks, and JDAM bombs.
Here and now, just like at any time in the past, the US military cannot be used on US soil against US persons. Or are you envisioning yet another egregious violation of the Constitution such as in the Civil War?

This is kind of the entire point by the way...when this kind of thinking (wrong and erroneous as it is) becomes prevalent, it signals the inflection point to rid ourselves of an illegitimate GOVERNMENT or an illegitimate CITIZENRY is near.

Try to be neither....would be my advice.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Your wondering about the AR-15? What is the difference between it and a Ruger a Mini-14? Nobody is calling for a ban on the Ruger. Just cause you're a member of the NRA doesn't really mean much if you don't know anything about firearms.

Don't give them any ideas.. Mini 14, Ranch 14... they are harmless because they don't look like the guns in Call of Duty.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You know what? You're right. I'm not a firearms expert. But I did see what happened from that hotel window in Las Vegas and what happened at Sandy Hook to those babies and their teachers, and what happened at that nightclub in Orlando, and at the high school in Parkland.

Feel free to educate me about what those weapons are called and what their capabilities are. But don't tell me they weren't designed to kill multiple people in minutes, because we both know that's not true.

In the hands of our military they protect our freedoms
In the hands of law enforcement they enforce our laws
In the hands of lawful citizens they protect their lives
In the hands of someone that wants to kill others... well, you know the outcome.

Same tool...different outcomes.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:12 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
I would just put very tight restrictions and astronomical taxes on the sale of bullets and gunpowder. With no bullets available the value of guns will plummet. As this is happening offer a buyback of $100 dollars.

There is a handful of companies who manufacture bullets. So shutting down their operation would be very easy to achieve.

Nobody will need to go door to door collecting guns.

Bullets and gunpowder aren't particularly difficult to make.

People made enough of of them to wage wars and shoot millions of rounds with the technology 200 years ago.

What do you think people could do now with information at the tips of their fingers?

Same thing that happened when they tried to ban alcohol.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Won't mean a thing if you can't get a hold of any potassium nitrate or better yet any bullet primers. Neither of which would be hard to control.

And a blackmarket for them develops....

Old 02-20-2018, 12:13 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Hogwash

Guns serve many purposes.
like this?

http://www.funnypica.com/wp-content/...26-570x713.jpg

Old 02-20-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Absolutely. Fix our broken medical system and get mentally disturbed people some goddamn help.

Maybe instead of seeing Americans as dumb animals that need to be herded around and kept busy with distractions, the elite could spread their knowledge of the human condition around and promote an environment of learning and self-fulfillment.

Maybe the news could actually share valid information instead of just stirring everyone into one blind panic after another so they can be more easily profited from.

The bottom line is AMERICAN CULTURE is broken and needs to be fixed.... but that is hard to do and there's no money in it.

Instead they'll do the quick and dirty "solution" which is to demonize inanimate objects, terrify and convince Americans that Satan himself crapped out each and every last semi-auto rifle to destroy us and then "save" us by taking away the right to own one.

The scared sheep then breath a sigh of relief that the fences around their pasture are a little bit higher and go back to grazing... and the elites go back to shearing them (until it happens again, anyway).

Very well stated. I wish more thought as you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies