Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 05:34 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
2nd Admin fanatics are so quick to get riled and quip 'from my dead, cold hands" ... but seldom if ever do they have any solution or even positive input on how to keep our children safe in schools.
MANY suggestions have been offered but too many anti-gunners only want to BAN GUNS and close there ears IMMEDIATELY whenever the subject comes up.

"2nd Admin fanatics" my point EXACTLY!

By the way, I think you mean 2nd Amendment not admin.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The biggest issue I find is typically these people do actions that should raise a red flag yet nothing happens. Often these threats of being a potential risk aren't serious or credible enough even if reported. I have stated this through out my posts the last six days. To not realize this is an issue.

The biggest issue I see is that mental issues in it of itself may not rule a personal ineligible of buying a gun. However if there are enough calls (say 19) that there is a credible thought and the local police force cannot make the call to remove guns from their residency, there is a problem.
"The biggest issue I find is typically these people do actions that should raise a red flag yet nothing happens"

The Fla police visited his house 39 TIMES "and nothing happened"

Old 02-21-2018, 05:40 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
not to argue your point. but he could have killed 17 just as easily with a 9MM or a 45........or for that matter a 22 automatic pistol.........

Or a revolver for that matter. A speed loader takes about 3-4 seconds to reload a revolver.

1 shot per second plus 4 seconds to reload means he could get off 18 shots in 30 seconds with a 6 shot revolver.

More if he had two.

How many kids in a classroom these days?

30? ...40?

Limited exits, limited cover and unarmed victims in a gun free zone means the type of gun is almost irrelevant.

It's a miracle he didn't kill more in that situation, because those kids might as well have been paper targets for all the defense they could offer.....

Yet anti gunners balk at the idea of protecting them by having armed guards or letting teacher conceal carry.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:41 AM

827 posts, read 660,338 times
Gun Control? Why it wont do any good nothing will change.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:49 AM

89,013 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
Gun Control? Why it wont do any good nothing will change.

Additionally, consider this...

Schools are legislated as "gun-free zones." Why didn't that gun control law prevent the shooting/killing?

Old 02-21-2018, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Yeah!. Next thing you know they will be trying to require insurance on cars!
Driving a car is not a Constitutional right.

What other Constitutional rights would you like to tax?

Maybe we should require people to carry slander insurance in order to exercise their 1st amendment rights by posting on political forums?

Old 02-21-2018, 05:57 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
So you would do something, ban ARs, even though there is little chance it would have made a difference.
Far more people are killed with handguns than rifles every year.
Instead of banning guns, push the police/FBI to do their jobs. Increase security at schools. Both much easier to do and more likely to help.
Why is it that the pro gun crowd continually resorts to "banning" all assault rifles? Why can't we arrive at a compromise where restrictions are placed on their purchase? I am not calling for them to be banned, nor have I ever called on them to be banned. I want to make it difficult for you, me, or someone like Cruz to be able to buy one.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:58 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Merely doing something isn't the solution.
That is the real problem. The anti gunners keep proposing actions which will do nothing, simply for the sake of thinking they are doing something.
I say we all go fishing tomorrow to stop the killing. That's doing something, right?
Oh wait, you want to do something that actually solves the problem. Well banning Ar15's is doing something that doesn't solve the problem, but punishes law abiding citizens who own ar15's.
But if pro gun people make a suggestion, it is usually met with something like
"you gun nuts value your ar15 more than kids lives and you are all selfish Pri##ks"
Most ar15 owners care about others lives just as much as the anti gunners claim to care.
I'd be willing to bet most ar15 owners would give up their rifles if it truly meant not another innocent life was lost. But the truth is we know we'd give up something and wouldn't get that back in return.
Most gun owners like myself are not asking you to give up anything. Why can't you understand this?

Old 02-21-2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Sounds like liberal racism to me......

Old 02-21-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
The people who say to ban ar-15's are really interesting. Why do people bring up solutions when they have ZERO knowledge about firearms? I wouldn't give anyone medical advice since I am not a doctor.

I can talk to people that are anti gun until i'm blue in the face. There is no reasoning with them because they are making irrational and emotional decisions when they have ZERO knowledge about the subject at hand. They ignore facts and let their emotions dictate their lives. Lets lay some things out.

There will no be assault weapons ban GUARANTEED. We have the house, senate, and president. If it flips in 2020 legislation could get passed but it wont do any good. There are millions and millions of semi auto rifles in possession in this county. With a ban looming sales will sky rocket and the majority of gun owners wont give them up. Look at crime stats from the last assault weapons ban. Did nothing. A few shootings should dictate millions of owners? Give me a break.

The only thing you might get now is an nics fix and thats it.

Here is how to fix school shootings.

Reporting to NICS needs an overhaul since it's broken. That kid should not have been allowed to purchase a firearm. Remove schools from gun free zones, and allow conceal carriers to carry on school property. National reciprocity needs to be passed. Start a training program for school workers to carry firearms in school. Hire armed security for schools, and upgrade schools to be more secure to restrict people from entering the building and individual classrooms.

Times are changing, and these psychos are picking easy targets. Guess what? Schools are easy targets. My solutions above makes them less of a target and protects our children. It costs money and the American People can pay for it. Our kids are worth it.

We can all agree that we want our kids safe. I dont want psychos to have guns in their possession and neither do you. Law abiding gun owners want to be left alone. We are not the problem and we should have ZERO restrictions on what we do with firearms. Your solutions of more laws will do nothing. Look at the facts and stop solving problems with emotions. It's stupid.

FYI an ar-15 is not an assault weapon. Saying this just shows your ignorance. If you want to debate then you need to do some research.
"Here is how to fix school shootings."

One of things I do most on here is to point out the hypocrisy of the left.

Start talking about "sanctuary" cities and many libs say the STATES do NOT have to "help the fed police".

They want NOTHING to do with the feds on this issue.

As soon as tragic shooting happens, all of a sudden the SAME libs start calling for MORE FED HELP.

These shootings are a LOCAL ISSUE and should be handled by LOCAL authorities.

{This last guy in Fla had the local police at his house 39 TIMES.)

States an other municipalities pass their OWN gun laws which go against the 2mnd amendment, "shall NOT be infringed.

Then when their useless gun laws do NOT stop such tragedies, they come whining and screaming to the fed for help.

Many libs on here are too young to remember that the dems SUBMITTED a SECOND "so called "assault weapon ban" in the Senate and the DEM CONTROLLED Senate did NOT pass it, yet today it is "all the NRAS's and and "gun fanatics" fault.

To your point about ignorant people talking about guns, I find MOST on here have been on multiple thread about guns and have been told HUNDREDS of time about "assault weapon" especially the AR-15.

They just ignore it and keep on harping.

As is said, "You CAN'T reason with an UNreasonable person"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies