Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2018, 10:21 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,978,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The RIGHT to keep, and bear arms is not a State's rights issue. It is a Natural Right we possess as humans. The states all agreed to abide by the Constitution when they became states, and that includes the Second Amendment. Any restrictions states, and cities put on firearms is illegal, and UnConstitutional. The fact that activist courts uphold them is plain WRONG.

Government in the U.S. does not grant us rights.
I fully understand that, I said, it is up to the States to come up with fire arm laws, I didn't say they had the right to disarm the population. Yes, the States must abide by the Constitution.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:21 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,713,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Right to bear arms is a man-made right, and as such is subject to re-evaluation. And to continue to hang onto a Constitution written centuries ago in a different world without letting current events dictate the need to amending/updating is either naive or stubborn.

I get freedom and rights, but it is not an absolute.

It's the right to defend one's self and one's own. I don't want people who can't handle that right deciding what rights I am now entitled to.

A constitution renegotiated today by the morally vacant society we have talked ourselves into becoming would be a perverse and farcical sacrilege against the concept of liberty.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:22 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,127,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Thanks, I'm trying my best to be more educated on they present times are any different than decades ago?
More refinement, more accurate, more expensive.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:23 AM

34,125 posts, read 18,377,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
That bill rolled back a piece of abject tyranny that removed a natural individual right without due process.
Thank you for stating the truth!

Old 02-15-2018, 10:24 AM

13,756 posts, read 5,487,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Agreed, but some people just don't care about little things like tyranny.
And bills/laws that remove natural individual rights without due process, but simple whim and whimsy of a panicky few looking to cash in on some shrieked hysteria from the vox populi are why I am and will always be a responsible owner of firearms.

Tyrants can pass whatever laws they like, but when the time comes for them to go out and enforce said laws, an armed populace will be tougher to subjugate than a disarmed one.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:25 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,892,895 times
Not to worry. The repugs are introducing legislation which will allow kindergartners to be issued concealed carry permits. They will make trips to the gun range right after their afternoon naps.

Why do you hate democracy so much?

Old 02-15-2018, 10:25 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,103,242 times
Trump is on TV now crying his crocodile tears. "Oh the loss, oh the humanity. LETS NOT DISCUSS THIS NOW;" I have a golf game to get to.

What does he say? Really? "We are going to make this the highest priority." Can any statement be more empty? Who wants to lay odds that nothing is actually done? More bullsh*t from our leader.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:29 AM

50,068 posts, read 46,625,795 times
How can someone with a firearm simply walk onto a school campus.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:29 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,243,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
If freedom and rights are not absolute... then you have a real problem....
What I meant is a right written centuries ago is not an absolute as written because times change. Some people just don't want to admit that and instead hang onto the belief that whatever was right centuries ago still holds true today.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:32 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,243,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
It's the right to defend one's self and one's own. I don't want people who can't handle that right deciding what rights I am now entitled to.

A constitution renegotiated today by the morally vacant society we have talked ourselves into becoming would be a perverse and farcical sacrilege against the concept of liberty.
That's the problem with the argument. Don't listen to the people who want to walk into your house and take your arms away that you are utilizing legally (I assume) and without harm to others. It's complicated, but people need to stop hanging on the far left/right and instead try to move to the middle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies