Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2017, 09:27 AM

88,667 posts, read 44,417,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You are proving my point as you refuse to admit that you want total destruction of the trade union movement
That makes no sense. The European countries that have their middle class in their top marginal tax rate bracket have supposedly "strong unions" yet their median household income is less.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 09:32 AM

5,297 posts, read 2,336,081 times
Quote:
Simplistic nonsense. When the super rich are given supreme power, who will write anti-trust legislation? Who will write trade deals? Who will staff the court system? No court system? No anti-trust legislation? No trade deals? No prison system? What will happen in your utopia is simply that the super rich will create their own system that the rest will have to abide by, or else face the power of the militia funded by the oligarchy.
I don't even know what you're talking about now.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:37 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,910,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That makes no sense. The European countries that have their middle class in their top marginal tax rate bracket have supposedly "strong unions" yet their median household income is less.
Strong unions ensure much lower income inequality. Thats what Europe has. They have low inequality, work far less hours for the income they have (so hourly pay is higher) and have far more extensive public services which do not have to be paid for out of pocket (so the median income does not have to be spent on $40 000 a year child care and college or $100 000 a year cancer treatment). You want the opposite, you want a Mexican style system of sky high inequality, no unions, and since you are a strong Trump supporter, you dont want a national VAT tax and instead want much lower taxes on the rich, like in Mexico. Why not embrace this agenda of turning America into Mexico instead of pretending you want the opposite of Trump who you voted for?

Old 11-16-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I don't even know what you're talking about now.
Not surprising. As soon as you are challenged with your "eliminate the state" rhetoric, and are asked to go into specifics, you are at a loss.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
So are you a rich person in America who feels under attack? or what is your purpose for posting this?
I'm sure with Trump at the helm the bourgeoisie will be fine ....as always.

What is even more hilarious is how many poor Americans support the Republican party.
I already explained the purpose. It's a common tactic of Marxists to whip up people's envy and resentment, and the results are not good.

And personally, it's hilarious to me that anyone supports either major party.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I already explained the purpose. It's a common tactic of Marxists to whip up people's envy and resentment, and the results are not good.

And personally, it's hilarious to me that anyone supports either major party.
Its even more hilarious that we have people who use the rhetoric of the Republican Party yet claim they are independent thinkers who do not support the agenda of the super rich.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Not surprising. As soon as you are challenged with your "eliminate the state" rhetoric, and are asked to go into specifics, you are at a loss.
Well first, I don't see any argument changing your mind so I don't see the point. Second, I expect you to explain specifically how the rich will gain "supreme power" and control everyone.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Well first, I don't see any argument changing your mind so I don't see the point. Second, I expect you to explain specifically how the rich will gain "supreme power" and control everyone.
I asked you a specific question. How will anti-trust legislation and trade deals be hashed out in your system of no government and massive income and wealth inequality? How about the court system and prison system? Be specific please.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Its even more hilarious that we have people who use the rhetoric of the Republican Party yet claim they are independent thinkers who do not support the agenda of the super rich.
The problem is that there's no way to even argue against what you're saying. You just assert that I'm supporting the agenda of the super rich because I care about property rights. Fine, believe that.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:47 AM

88,667 posts, read 44,417,536 times
Quote:
Strong unions ensure much lower income inequality.
Doesn't seem so. Sweden has more billionaires per capita than the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies