Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 11:00 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Its not a fluff answer. I'll reword for you.

Different people have different abilities, challenges, responsibilities, etc. And they live in different types of places. So this means that not everyone or even most people have the easy ability to just *poof* find a different and better paying job.

I hope this helps you.
And you get paid accordingly. Unskilled uneducated should not get paid the same as an engineer, carpenter, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 11:00 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
So your solution to this problem of people having difficulty to find jobs easily is to punish the employer and drive him out of business, thus reducing even more jobs?

Only the Left can come up with brilliance like this!
That's not what I said.

Look we can have a conversation but if this^^^^ is what constitutes discourse on your part, I'm sad to say I'm just not interested in participating in a circular argument of your own making.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:01 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
What good is that platitude when most of the poor are poor because they are unemployable in the first place; and you're forgetting that no one is forced to give anyone a job. There are people who look for work and no one will hire them
Why are they unemployable?

Old 11-14-2017, 11:02 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I believe liberal policy is motivated by compassion and the desire to help the most people possible. That's why I identify with liberals. I think the caricature of us presented in this thread is rather interesting though. The effects of living in a right-wing echo chamber...
I'm not right wing, so there goes that theory.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:03 AM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Because they are lazy, rotten people who don’t want to work.

4,481 posts, read 2,283,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, or they are disabled or they are children or they are the elderly or they are the millions who are born into poverty and can't break out of the cycle.

And the answer you will get, even though the posters here aren't saying it in so many words is, they should just die, and decrease the surplus population. No matter how they try to disguise it, that's what they mean.
Nobody was talking about disabled, elderly, children until you brought it up. But what happened to the liberal family that was supposed to take care of them? You're relying on the government to take this role? Lol.

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Usually either mental issues or physical handicap, but mainly mental issues. Working people have to have some semblance of sanity and social skills, which a mentally ill person can't be taught

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I'm not right wing, so there goes that theory.
You're certainly right of center according to your posts.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:05 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You're certainly right of center according to your posts.
I think he's "libertarian", but afaic, libertarians are conservatives who smoke weed (or believe it should be legal to do so)

Old 11-14-2017, 11:05 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, or they are disabled or they are children or they are the elderly or they are the millions who are born into poverty and can't break out of the cycle.

And the answer you will get, even though the posters here aren't saying it in so many words is, they should just die, and decrease the surplus population. No matter how they try to disguise it, that's what they mean.
You are making things up. No one said anything about letting people die. We are talking about economic and political policies, not humanitarian. That’s an entirely different issue that you bring in to sidetrack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies