Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2017, 11:13 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,832,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I believe liberal policy is motivated by compassion and the desire to help the most people possible. That's why I identify with liberals. I think the caricature of us presented in this thread is rather interesting though. The effects of living in a right-wing echo chamber...
What a total load of BS.

The "poor" in America are obese. How's that helping them?

Where's the compassion for the truly poor in third world countries?

If the desire was to help the most people possible, then the "poor" in the US would be eating beans and rice and donating to the real poor. But it's do as I say, not as I do.

We need to stop stealing from the rich and get back to voluntary, charity based welfare.

There are millions starving world wide, but we over tax so the "poor" can stock up on soda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 11:14 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,353,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Even anarchists have an agenda.
My agenda is to get people to leave each other alone as opposed to forcing a master plan on society by force, which makes me anti-political. That's another topic though.

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
What a total load of BS.

The "poor" in America are obese. How's that helping them?

Where's the compassion for the truly poor in third world countries?

If the desire was to help the most people possible, then the "poor" in the US would be eating beans and rice and donating to the real poor. But it's do as I say, not as I do.

We need to stop stealing from the rich and get back to voluntary, charity based welfare.

There are millions starving world wide, but we over tax so the "poor" can stock up on soda.
There's no stealing. Taxes are not theft

4,481 posts, read 2,284,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Oh! I'm not. I'm talking about able bodied people who do work, and work quite hard, who still struggle to pay bills. These people are underinsured. They can't afford higher education. Many times they are on welfare programs in spite of working.
But there people in those exact same scenarios that do manage to move on to bigger better things. so what gives?!

Older immigrants tell stories of how they came here with a wife and maybe a kid and $300 in their pocket and now have successful businesses.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:15 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,218,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Asking the wealthy to give back to the system that allowed them to amass all that wealth to begin with is not "driving them out of business."

Remember the bread analogy? They have four warehouses filled to the rafters with more than they can ever possibly eat. How is asking them to return one warehouse full to those who are starving, as a way of giving back to the society that has enriched them, and which still leaves them with three completely full warehouses, any kind of hardship to them?
That’s fine but again, at what point do you draw a line? Should the warehouse owners perpetually feed those starving? And why can’t those starving help clean the warehouse, watch the warehouse, answer the phones, bring in the supplies, bake the bread?

Old 11-14-2017, 11:16 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,353,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Because...government...

Old 11-14-2017, 11:17 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,832,197 times
Quote:
So if I don't pay, then I get to keep my money?

Old 11-14-2017, 11:17 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,956,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
But there people in those exact same scenarios that do manage to move on to bigger better things. so what gives?!

Older immigrants tell stories of how they came here with a wife and maybe a kid and $300 in their pocket and now have successful businesses.
Not everyone can be amazing people. Genes matter alot more than you think. You are born with your genes. They control your life to an extraordinary degree. Some people are born with genes that are valued in the marketplace, so they can succeed even if they grew up poor.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:18 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,218,105 times
Quote:
Overtaxation is legalized theft.

Our whole country was birthed from revolting against overtaxation. Boston Tea Party ring a bell?

Old 11-14-2017, 11:18 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Good to know taxes are optional. I'll inform my accountant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies