Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 05:10 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,495,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
You’re looking at 2015, not 2016. And even if you were right, you’ve obviously missed the point.
I did not use 2016s data as Florida's numbers aren't posted. It's incomplete. (Florida had 1,111 murders in 16 but it does not tell how many were carried out using a firearm)

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-12

Old 11-16-2017, 05:54 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,395,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And if you don't and the court has knowledge that you have guns they can issue a warrant for your arrest for violating the restraining order, they cannot send the cops out to search your house, what is it that you don't understand about that?
It's funny that you're calling me out for not understanding something when you either can't comprehend or didn't read the explicit California law at the link I posted. I'll spoon feed it to you:

Quote:
CHAPTER 3. Of Search Warrants [1523 - 1542.5] ( Chapter 3 enacted 1872. )

1524. (a) A search warrant may be issued upon any of the following grounds:
(11) When the property or things to be seized include a firearm that is owned by, or in the possession of, or in the custody or control of, a person who is subject to the prohibitions regarding firearms pursuant to Section 6389 of the Family Code, if a prohibited firearm is possessed, owned, in the custody of, or controlled by a person against whom a protective order has been issued pursuant to Section 6218 of the Family Code, the person has been lawfully served with that order, and the person has failed to relinquish the firearm as required by law.
That's a search warrant, not an arrest warrant, to come into the home to search for and confiscate firearms from someone subject to a restraining order who does not turn them in. The violation of the restraining order is a separate issue (which they also apparently didn't enforce).

Old 11-16-2017, 09:50 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,495,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
It's funny that you're calling me out for not understanding something when you either can't comprehend or didn't read the explicit California law at the link I posted. I'll spoon feed it to you:

That's a search warrant, not an arrest warrant, to come into the home to search for and confiscate firearms from someone subject to a restraining order who does not turn them in. The violation of the restraining order is a separate issue (which they also apparently didn't enforce).
Law enforcement error is irrelevant these days don't ya know...

Old 11-16-2017, 10:00 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,114,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Australia had a mentally illness mass shooter kill 35 people. Because they weren't morons, they realized that there is always going to be mentally ill people and its much easier to get rid of guns then monitor people. so they got rid of guns. This was in 1996. They haven't had a single spree shooting since.
No but they have had several arson fires instead. Criminals just switched methods.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:21 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
A search warrant 'may be issued' for any number of reasons. That doesn't change what I said, which is a restraining order does not by itself give law enforcement a right to enter a home to search for weapons.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:28 AM

29,447 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
lol I guess you think you got me with that one huh? They are functionally the same weapon the differences being mostly cosmetic. I would have no problem with either if they had a fixed magazine capable of no more than 5 rounds.
Know one needs more then 5 rounds right ?
Homeowner shoots, kills two home invasion suspects | MLive.com

Old 11-20-2017, 05:23 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,114,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Homeowner should get a medal.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:46 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I read it but where does it say how many rounds were fired?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies