Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 03:06 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Agree. Sigh!
So the gun shot itself then? Was there a human behind the shooting?

Old 11-14-2017, 03:07 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Get rid of the criminals and nuts. Forget the guns.

yea, they will just some other tool, like trucks maybe? are we going to make trucks illegal too?

Old 11-14-2017, 03:15 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's too soon to talk about gun control.
By all means talk about it. Let’s drive gun sales up.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:19 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
By all means talk about it. Let’s drive gun sales up.
Many of the people who rush to buy guns already own them, which shows you how gullible they are.

If you have 4 firearms and they still won't do the job, why the hell did you buy them in the first place?

Old 11-14-2017, 03:20 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
You seem to be forgetting (already) that the last shooting was in Texas, which has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
No gun laws will stop a determined killer.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:20 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quite a disturbed individual.

Quote:
The gunman, whose name has not been released, stole a white Ford F-150 where he initially began firing and went on a "shooting rampage throughout the community," Johnston said.

The shooter crashed that truck and carjacked a driver for his small sedan. The suspect drove away in the car, and at some point, drove past a woman taking her children to school and fired gunshots "without provocation" into their truck, according to Johnston.
And that was before he reached the school?

Another gun free zone?
So when are we going to start arming and training teachers to protect innocent kids or is that too much like common sense?

Gun Free Zones don't work...

Old 11-14-2017, 03:22 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No gun laws will stop a determined killer.
so why have any gun laws?

Why not allow convicted mobsters or rapists who have served their term to legally buy guns?

Old 11-14-2017, 03:30 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

Another gun free zone?
So when are we going to start arming and training teachers to protect innocent kids or is that too much like common sense?

Yeah because a teacher has never had a mental breakdown or anything like that. Also how would you insure that the gun couldn't be taken from the teacher by the students? What happens if a student tries to go for the teachers gun? Should the teacher shoot the student? Arming teachers is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:36 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

Another gun free zone?

It doesn't seem like he ever entered the school. So where were the good guys with guns' to stop him?
Plenty of gun saturation zones available to them.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:44 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Yeah because a teacher has never had a mental breakdown or anything like that. Also how would you insure that the gun couldn't be taken from the teacher by the students? What happens if a student tries to go for the teachers gun? Should the teacher shoot the student? Arming teachers is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard.
I was in highschool following 9/11 when terrorist attacks were supposed to take place in schools in NY. Proceedure was teacher sprints to the door of the class room to lock it. We all lay on the floor to become fish in a barrel for the attacker.
Maybe if we held our breath we'd be invisible?

I asked the entire administration and superintendent present at the assembly that followed the VERY first lock down drill.

Do you really think someone determined wont bust that window out of the door to unlock it from the outside of the door and make their way in?

It didnt fall entirely on deaf ears. The following year we had 2 NY state troopers brought to the school. They were armed too. They were called Student Resource Officers. So there's somewhat of a compromise...

How would I ensure the weapon isn't removed from the teacher.
Dont announce to the public or to the students that the teachers are armed. Carry concealed. I keep 2 pistols in my waist band. You cant see them. I don't print. Then again I am not fat out of shape or wear skin tight clothing. If I can carry a full size 1911 and Glock19 on me inside my waist band without being noticed... Im sure a teacher especially females who can wear dresses with a garter holster, can hide a compact or standard sized pistol on them.

Should a student attack a teacher the teacher should be able to physically restrain the student from causing them harm however I had this argument with someone before about that. Supposedly against the law to break your foot off in a kids azz for being physical? I don't agree with that what so ever. Some highschool punk wants to slap or hit a teacher the teacher ought to be able to meet force with force. Kick the kid in the balls. Take the wind out of their sails, put the kid in juvenile detention until they're 18 for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies