Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2017, 09:11 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times

Advertisements

Here's an interesting and alarming point of view.

From Fox -

"As the Trump administration continues to rattle sabers at North Korea with rhetoric eerily similar to the run-up to the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003, the possibility of a preventive U.S. war with North Korea may be more real than foreign and defense policy experts recognize....

The three so-called “adults in the room” who are apparently the strongest voices influencing President Trump’s foreign policy are National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster, Secretary of Defense James Mattis and White House Chief of Staff John Kelly.

McMaster is an active duty lieutenant general in the Army. Mattis and Kelly are retired Marine Corps generals. Their common experience is commanding ground forces in the Iraq War. If they are shaping the Trump administration’s North Korea policy, it stands to reason that their views would have a decidedly military tilt." (My highlights)

A 'preventive' war with North Korea would be total hell. Here's why | Fox News

Let's hope McMaster et al learned NOT to get involved in these kinds of wars. I would love to see no more wars in my lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 09:12 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
A 'preventive war' would be one of America's greatest acts of oxymoronic BS ever.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:24 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Preventive war ? A war to prevent war ? WTH is that ? I love the highly educated

Old 11-18-2017, 09:28 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Preventive war ? A war to prevent war ? WTH is that ? I love the highly educated

We had the war to end ALL war years ago so new advertising copy must be produced by the MIC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies