Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 02:05 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Jogger stabs man with knife after he groped her

So then (I have to ask) ... is the president recovering?
LOL that's good! (Devout Trump supporter that appreciates a good joke)

The real question is... did he wreck the golf cart? And did his hair get messed up? If so, there will be hell toupee...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 02:05 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
Should have stabbed him in the buttocks. So he can be reminded for a few weeks.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:10 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"His target pulled out a small knife, and then used it to stab him several times as he tried to grab her,

Doesn't sound like a 1 squeeze and run juvenile act. It sounds like he was actually trying to assault her. When she chased after him hopefully she didn't stab him anymore. Ok to thwart the attack, not okay to attack once the threat is gone.
When is the threat gone? That's a matter of perception and so what, the threat was within her range of vision so it wasn't gone now was it? Its like those hormone ridden teenage boys who come lurking around your daughters bedroom windows at night. One of them has an "accident", steps on a rake or bear trap in the weeds, word spreads.

Goddamn lawyers.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:22 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Women do fight back, but some of us are much smaller than our attackers.
I'm 5'11, so I'm taller than most men, but I'm also 125 lbs and small framed with very little muscle, so I don't think I'd be able to fight off an attacker with just my bare hands.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:28 PM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I don't know the details, but it would be hard to justify lethal force for simply being grouped.

We would need a lot more details before we could know if this level of force was justified.
You don't know his intention so the stabs would be justifiable under a defensive response. Now the part that she chased him....then that would get a little dicey if she caught up and then stabbed him a bunch since that would no longer be defensive. But the initial stabs, I don't see it...especially given a jury attitude towards some dude assaulting a jogger.

Way different than a bar argument that turned into a stabbing type thing.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:30 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Crooked Trump and his cat grabbing made it ok. Good for her!

Old 11-15-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:

Oh great, now we have to guess which one you are referring too.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Crooked Trump and his cat grabbing made it ok. Good for her!
Wow, you've had a tough year and it shows.

I can only hope you don't jump on the table at Thanksgiving and pummel the turkey while screaming about how it's all Trumps fault.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:37 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:

Well played. Could also ask what Slick Willy was doing in the park.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:59 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Well, I would think all she would have done was convince LEO/Legal that she thought her life was in danger. You do that, and you are covered I think.

However, this whole thing about chasing him down the street and loosing him in an alley .... that changes it. The perp has left, is running away, and she is no longer in danger .... that could bring her motive of self preservation into question when she starts chasing him. Now he could be seen as the victim trying to save his own life.
do you think the same about the church neighbor in texas who shot at the shooter? should people just let others get away because they themselves are now safe? hopefully he has to go to a hospital and the cops will BOLO for him there.

I heard everyone thinks that neighbor is a hero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies