Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 05:47 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
My warning would be to the people that want him out. Remember, tactics are fair game. If he is elected and the senate throws him out, remember, that can be done to other people and the precedent has been set. This is everything the US is supposed to stand against. It is just way too easy to get rid of someone who you don't like with baseless allegations. People really need to take a step back because tomorrow it could and will be you.
I agree. I said I think he should step down as in voluntarily. If he does not and wins he should not be removed unless convicted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 05:47 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,346,772 times
Default Trump Supporters: Should Roy Moore exit stage?

Only if he admits to the accusations or is proven guilty. Innocent until proven guilty.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:49 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,175 times
Wait for the HWE to figure what happened.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:51 PM

556 posts, read 622,535 times
If you remember Trump supported Moore’s opponent during the primary. And the media made a big deal when his choice was defeated. How quickly the media forgets.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:51 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
In my opinion, a new law should be implemented to punish the people who make false accusation of sexual abuse such as rape, sexual harassment, ect. Such accusation can ruin a person and it's only fair that if the person who made allegation is shown to have purposely lied to such charges with intent to ruin another person, then the person who made the accusations should be equally punished. For example, if a rape charge carries 5-10 years, then the person who falsely accused a person and can be proven, then he/she should be put away for 5-10 years. In some countries like in Korea, false accusation carry some legal repercussion.
It already is a crime, false testimony and obstruction of justice

Old 11-15-2017, 06:31 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It already is a crime, false testimony and obstruction of justice
If so it doesn't seem to often enforced.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
I'll wait until someone shows me some evidence he did anything wrong. Until then, he will be seated in the Senate.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:01 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
If so, why? If not, why not? What is the difference to you from Trump admitting grabbing women's privates and Moore refuting the abuse allegations against him?

Why should Moore leave and Trump be allowed to stay? After all, they are just allegations, right?!?!

Oh, why don't you stop it.

Trump didn't admit grabbing women's privates. Was he detained and charged with assault when he made this "admission?" No.

This was nothing more than men's locker room talk--the kind of talk and bluster, BTW, that female sports reporters long ago learned to accommodate without calling for a fainting couch and smelling salts.

If you can't see the difference between that and allegations of rape, that's your problem.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:04 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I don't know.

The allegations against him supposedly happened 30+ years ago.

Besides the fact that the timing seems more than a little suspicious...

Is there no moral statute of limitations here?

I mean Clinton supporters couldn't give a wet slap about allegations against Bill that were nowhere near that long ago...
What is a moral statute of limitation?

Old 11-15-2017, 08:07 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,476,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
...what amount of money will make up for the character assassination the innocent suffered?
Those women are getting character assassination. There are probably a lot more women that are staying silent because their don't want to deal with public character assassination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies