Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 09:42 PM

5,725 posts, read 2,190,327 times

Advertisements

Um YES. The senate is already on life support and has been the most disappointing senate in modern history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 09:57 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
... it’s his morals that are in question and pretty much both parties agree. Trump is the only one silent. Why is that?
Morals and Ethics are not in his wheelhouse. Trump's specialty is deal-making, there is limited crossover.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
40 years ago, before that and still now, many men treat women as objects and inferior. They think it's ok to take advantage of them. When you have a powerful man who does this sort of thing, other women would understand why these women don't come forward at the time. Men don't have a clue. Who was going to believe them. You don't even believe them now. It's their word against the word of these men. Most think they are the only one this has happened to so of course they would keep quiet...they are ashamed and hurting. But when one comes out, it gives the courage for all those abused to come out. We are finally seeing this all come out by women and even men everywhere in this country. So it's not just this jerk.
i dont disagree with this post, however we cannot just jump to conclusions without due process. i dont care the gender of the person in question either.

how many people are in jail due to false allegations against them? if there were few, then there would be no need for the innocence project now would there? and how many people have fought false charges successfully, but had to pay out a ton of money to do so? and where do the falsely accused go to get their reputations back? to get their lives back?

all i am saying is, lets make sure before we convict someone based on the word of another.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:32 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i dont disagree with this post, however we cannot just jump to conclusions without due process. i dont care the gender of the person in question either.

how many people are in jail due to false allegations against them? if there were few, then there would be no need for the innocence project now would there? and how many people have fought false charges successfully, but had to pay out a ton of money to do so? and where do the falsely accused go to get their reputations back? to get their lives back?

all i am saying is, lets make sure before we convict someone based on the word of another.

No one is going to court to try and put him in jail. We are talking about the US senate which he should not be a member of. I have many relatives in Alabama which I have contacted for their thoughts on this. I'm from the south as well and no way would I ever vote for this creep.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:49 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

Good points, especially with the innocent people in jail. I would agree with all of this if it was a criminal case. Here, it's not a matter of convicting someone of a crime and sending them to jail. It's just a political position. People know the scrutiny politicians are under when they run. Particularly when it comes to moral issues.

Someone I know refused to be a candidate when asked due to very minor skeletons in his closet. He knew that anything that would even hint at impropriety would not be worth it. I can't feel too sorry for the guys that do run for office when they know what they sign up for.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:52 PM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Why should Moore have to leave and Menendez be allowed to stay?

Old 11-15-2017, 11:15 PM

459 posts, read 375,727 times
Moore was banned from a mall. He's nuts

Old 11-15-2017, 11:40 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
None of us have a dog in this fight except for the members who are from Alabama. So the thread is nothing but hootin' in the dark.

Personally, I doubt Moore will ever drop out. Past that, who knows? The outcome for us all is either a matter of sticking to our personal beliefs not matter what or accepting the facts as they are presented. The ultimate fact will be the outcome of the December 12 special election.

I believe Moore is both a victim of his own behavior and a victim of circumstance. His downfall began when one woman mustered up the courage to speak out against him, and women always seek the power of numbers. She may not have been so brave if dozens of other women had not come forth against all their abusers who are outside the political realm so recently.

So if Moore loses, I think it would be smarter to blame Harvey Weinstein and all those others instead of the women. Once one Alabamian lady came forth, she gave others the courage to follow her, and I believe there are still many others who are still struggling with the decision to step forward. Not all will be teens, but abuse is abuse; it happens to grown women, too.

Why did they all wait until now? it's simple. Roy Moore can't hurt them now. For the first time in the women's lives, he's the vulnerable one now, but when he was hitting on them, he had all the power, and he made it very clear to them all he would use it on them.

How many grown men would have confronted him then? How many men today would bring charges against a District Attorney when it was only their word against his? Even in a big city, any DA can make an innocent person's life a living hell if they decide to. And Roy Moore certainly would have.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:09 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He should stay. We need MAGA in the senate, not another Democrat or establishment Republican.
If Moore wins keep him in the senate and out of high schools and malls

Old 11-16-2017, 12:22 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
If so, why? If not, why not? What is the difference to you from Trump admitting grabbing women's privates and Moore refuting the abuse allegations against him?

Why should Moore leave and Trump be allowed to stay? After all, they are just allegations, right?!?!
In my opinion, he should unless he has something to disprove some of these claims....for example, if a handwriting expert reviewed the signature on the yearbook and confirms it's his, I say he should withdraw but if it's not his, then we can assume this is just a politically motivated smear campaign.

I do realize that there is a major effort to smear him I order to "steal" a senate seat....it might work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies