Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Al Franken Resign
Yes 165 55.00%
No 82 27.33%
Not sure/maybe/depends/other 53 17.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 10:27 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
First off try reading up on the definition of Pedophile and using it properly. If the accusation against Moore is true it's NOT what you claim.

Secondly, while Franken hasn't been accused of any actions with a minor (yet) his repeated offenses were much more recent that 30+ years ago and he's admitted them.

Thirdly, you don't want an equation between Franken and Moore so don't then try the Trump-Franken, it's disingenuous at best...

I do love Franken's latest statement trying to soften his admission by saying "I'm a hugger" sooooo...
Moore is a pedophile, he was trying to have sex with kids. he was stalking young girls.

Moore is guilty as hell and you know it. You might want to defend him because of politics but Moore is not a godly man he is a pedophile and his actions and his words go against everything jesus teaches.

You know this true.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Amazing to see the Trump supporters pretending Al and Roy are equivalent. it is like comparing a fender bender "rear end", with a slamming into kid on purpose.

both are wrong, but not even on the same scale. Roy is a pedophile that should be locked up to protect society. Al is an ass that stepped over the line.

Al should step down, if Trump does. (lets not Forget 16 woman have accused trump of sexual assault.)
Again.....I hate this argument. "We should do the right thing only if the other side does".

It's arguments like this that drive people to third parties.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:37 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
He was dispensable because he held no power. Franken and Conyers will be allowed to stay as long as they want, because liberals care about power more than women's rights and sexual harassment.
And with the election of President ****y grabber and vocal support of child molester Roy Moore - tell us again, what IS it Republicans care about?

Nothing?

Quote:
Amazing to see the Trump supporters pretending Al and Roy are equivalent. it is like comparing a fender bender "rear end", with a slamming into kid on purpose.

both are wrong, but not even on the same scale. Roy is a pedophile that should be locked up to protect society. Al is an ass that stepped over the line.

Al should step down, if Trump does. (lets not Forget 16 woman have accused trump of sexual assault.)
I totally agree. Otherwise - this is how this will go - Democrats will rid themselves of their trangressors while Republicans continue to promote theirs - ONE of which was elevated to the office of President.

It's no secret that Roy Moore will win in Alabama and will be welcomed with open arms into the Senate to case his vote on the tax bill.

That's exactly how this is going to go down.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:42 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And with the election of President ****y grabber and vocal support of child molester Roy Moore - tell us again, what IS it Republicans care about?

Nothing?

I totally agree. Otherwise - this is how this will go - Democrats will rid themselves of their trangressors while Republicans continue to promote theirs - ONE of which was elevated to the office of President.

It's no secret that Roy Moore will win in Alabama and will be welcomed with open arms into the Senate to case his vote on the tax bill.

Dang man, you all but forgot Bill Clinton I guess. No side is blameless here, but liberals always think they are exempt from certain criticisms, which is concerning.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Again.....I hate this argument. "We should do the right thing only if the other side does".

It's arguments like this that drive people to third parties.
well i agree. But what does one do when your opponent has thrown morals in trash ignores all standards and norms.?

Real question pknopp. What should the dems do when the Republicans are no longer playing by the rules and are instead breaking every single one to gain even the slightest advantage?

We played by the Rules in 2016 and look what it got us! Obama went high and Mitch stole a SCOTUS seat.

First time in US history one party stole a SCOTUS nomination from another. So in all honesty PKNOPP, why should the dems continue to meet moral standards, continue to be reasonable when every time they do the Republicans take advantage.

The dems don't need to be a bad as the Republicans have become but we do need to stop falling for their Moral traps.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:47 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
I'll trade you Franken for Trump. Any takers?

Old 11-27-2017, 10:53 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
well i agree. But what does one do when your opponent has thrown morals in trash ignores all standards and norms.?
Not vote for them.

Quote:
Real question pknopp. What should the dems do when the Republicans are no longer playing by the rules and are instead breaking every single one to gain even the slightest advantage?
I've answered this many times. Run someone the people can get behind.

Quote:
We played by the Rules in 2016 and look what it got us! Obama went high and Mitch stole a SCOTUS seat.
Because Obama blew huge majorities.

Quote:
First time in US history one party stole a SCOTUS nomination from another. So in all honesty PKNOPP, why should the dems continue to meet moral standards, continue to be reasonable when every time they do the Republicans take advantage.
I've answered that. Because they want to win.

Quote:
The dems don't need to be a bad as the Republicans have become but we do need to stop falling for their Moral traps.
Millions of us are no longer going to vote for the "lesser evil".

Old 11-27-2017, 10:57 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
You know this true.
I don't.

Despite everything I've read I don't know Moore from Adam and could care less about Alabama politics. I don't care if Moore loses the election or is pushed out for someone else.

And you don't either...you just think you do.

What I do know is these accusations are politically timely and favorable for the Democratic party and smacks of ugly, dirty politics. And it's awfully convenient for Democrats coming on top of the current sex panic/witch-hunt we are in.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Nothing?

I absolutely agree. The Republicans have decided that only democrats need to meet a moral standard, they are fine electing rapists , murderers and thieves as long as they have an R beside their names.

That leaves the left in a very tough spot. We can't just abandon morals and values like Trumpers have done. But neither can we simply stick 100% to our values and hope the Rs step up, because time and again they have not.... The Republicans are destroying the US both ethically and economically.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:05 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I don't.

Despite everything I've read I don't know Moore from Adam and could care less about Alabama politics. I don't care if Moore loses the election or is pushed out for someone else.

And you don't either...you just think you do.

What I do know is these accusations are politically timely and favorable for the Democratic party and smacks of ugly, dirty politics. And it's awfully convenient for Democrats coming on top of the current sex panic/witch-hunt we are in.
Attempting to reason with left wing millennials is a waste of time, but I commend you for your effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies