Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Al Franken Resign
Yes 165 55.00%
No 82 27.33%
Not sure/maybe/depends/other 53 17.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 05:52 AM

6,610 posts, read 3,632,882 times

Advertisements

It appears that some posting would not make great Jurors.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:14 AM

27,203 posts, read 46,522,862 times
Franken most likely to resign for the better good of the party.

But Bill Clinton is still the parties hero!

Hillary Clinton bashed accusers and is still seen as a hero!

What a bunch of hypocrites!

Old 12-07-2017, 06:34 AM

6,610 posts, read 3,632,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Franken most likely to resign for the better good of the party.

But Bill Clinton is still the parties hero!

Hillary Clinton bashed accusers and is still seen as a hero!

What a bunch of hypocrites!
You mean like supporting Conservative sex offenders, but knocking those not in your party?

Old 12-07-2017, 06:36 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,708,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
At one point (ethical merits aside) I believed Franken was going to be served up as a sacrificial lamb in order to leverage the GOP into giving up on Moore. Sound theory if it were an even playing field but then I realized the GOP has never really given a rat's pathooie about victims rights for anyone other than white, Christian men, let alone women. Sadly it's a one-sided rebellion.
Franken makes poor leverage because he's just going to be replaced with another democrat. Fair trade is Franken for Moore AFTER Moore wins the election and gets officially seated in the senate. Then Moore gets replaced by a republican. Each side loses a senator, each side gets to keep their seats.

Of course maybe Moore will lose the election and it will all be a moot point.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:42 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,687,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
So does that excuse Moore then?
Idiotic premise.

Would you have your teenage daughter alone with anybody these days?(male or female, or anyone of the umpteen new genders defined by the left wing)

CN

Old 12-07-2017, 08:22 AM

23,717 posts, read 14,830,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Have you ever been in a sexual abuse or sexual assault brief? Evidently not....

Don't know....do you have anything to suggest that Mr. Hope did anything to these women he brought?

No clue, maybe we should ask those that do this....

Maybe we should ask "Cougars" why they want young guys....but, that's fine....yes?
I have no clue what Bob Hope did or din't do. But, when The Cosby show was on I would never in a million years dream he was drugging and raping women.

As a matter of fact I was molested as a young child by my uncle. Then at 12 by my stepfather while my mother was at work. Almost raped. I never told anybody until I was long past being grown. My mother would have killed him.

Look around you. I bet 20% of the females in this country have been seriously hurt. Look at the people who accused Moore. They are not believed and all kinds of rotten things said about them. Maybe that will give you a clue why some women keep their mouths shut.

My mom was raped by her Baptist minister uncle. The whole family told her it was her fault. Only her father believed her. Not being believed by her mother affected her outlook on everything in the world for the rest of her life.

And yeah. I get the slippery slope that many females accuse men of things that never happened. That just shows me that as a society we need a better way to deal with he said, she said situations.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:24 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,898,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'm gonna laugh if he comes out tomorrow and says "I'm not leaving" and then cracks some kind of joke like he's back on SNL...
Kind of hard to do that when there is photographic proof you are a sexual predator.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:25 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,740,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I have no clue what Bob Hope did or din't do. But, when The Cosby show was on I would never in a million years dream he was drugging and raping women.

As a matter of fact I was molested as a young child by my uncle. Then at 12 by my stepfather while my mother was at work. Almost raped. I never told anybody until I was long past being grown. My mother would have killed him.

Look around you. I bet 20% of the females in this country have been seriously hurt. Look at the people who accused Moore. They are not believed and all kinds of rotten things said about them. Maybe that will give you a clue why some women keep their mouths shut.

My mom was raped by her Baptist minister uncle. The whole family told her it was her fault. Only her father believed her. Not being believed by her mother affected her outlook on everything in the world for the rest of her life.

And yeah. I get the slippery slope that many females accuse men of things that never happened. That just shows me that as a society we need a better way to deal with he said, she said situations.
What rotten things have they said of Moore's accusers? I don't remember reading anything... I have seen articles where their evidence looks like it had been faked but no negative articles about the accusers...

Old 12-07-2017, 08:44 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,083,912 times
As much as I abhor what Franken did, I am sad about the whole situation. "Disappointed" is more the word for it. I had high hopes for him and I supported his Senate run. Not being a Minnesota resident I couldn't vote for him, but I was very pleased to see him elected. I've enjoyed watching him rake people over the coals in Senate hearings.

I'm sorry it has ended this way, and I'm sorry Franken turned out to be just like the rest.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:53 AM

23,717 posts, read 14,830,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
What rotten things have they said of Moore's accusers? I don't remember reading anything... I have seen articles where their evidence looks like it had been faked but no negative articles about the accusers...
My first clue was when they were called liars. What about the woman whose stepson says she made it up? And the yearbook post is a forgery? These he said she said situations are exactly why women keep their mouths shut for years.

Alred wants the yearbook examined by people who are under oath at a hearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies