Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,050,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
F you.. isnt a racial comment
A hole isnt a racial comment
Fn jerk isnt a racial comment
Little jerk, isnt a racial comment

Lets go.. I'm sure you can spend all day pulling news stories about him loosing his temper.. the question was, find one where he shows he's a racists. You yourself started this thread which reminded people that he is a war hero, as of yet, you havent proved that he is a racists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 07:47 AM

996 posts, read 3,275,030 times
Quote:
"I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live."
-John McCain

John McCain's racist remark very troubling (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/hongop.shtml - broken link)
How the POW's Fought Back [John McCain, US News & World Report, 5/14/73-- Fulbright, etc.]

After reading this account, I think McCain has earned the right to call those who imprisoned him any name he wants.

Obama has had no personal experience in his life such as this, and if his mentor is a racist preacher, than that is his choice.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Because it is McCain that is uttering inappropriate things - racist, misogynistic, inaccurate - and he is the candidate, the one who will be speaking on behalf of the U.S. if elected - not his preacher.
The story you started out with, or the other two stories you posted have done nothing to prove that he's a racist, misogynestic, or any of them innacurate.

All its done is proven that your an individual who cant post factual information.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:49 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,782,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Please point out the racial comment in the story.. I might have missed it.
Once again your reading comprehension is very selective. Reread the posts, preferably several times, before you respond to people. There is no doubt that you intentionally distort and/or ignore what others say - making a discussion with you impossible.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:52 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,145,149 times
Quote:
Because it is McCain that is uttering inappropriate things - racist, misogynistic, inaccurate - and he is the candidate, the one who will be speaking on behalf of the U.S. if elected - not his preacher.
So the point isn't that he's a racist, he's just uttering racist things. That makes no sense.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:55 AM

I know its tough for you to follow your own thread, here let me help!
Quote:
Please find some of his off-color comments. If your going to accuse him of being a racist, perhapse you should find an example or proof other then a comment he made against those who tortured him for years. All you did was refresh everyones memory about how he is considered a war hero.
You come back with this post, which supposibly proved he's a racist.
Quote:
Quote:
Once again your reading comprehension is very selective. Reread the posts, preferably several times, before you respond to people. There is no doubt that you intentionally distort and/or ignore what others say - making a discussion with you impossible.
Your the one who started this thread by pointing out that McCain was a racists, and then you postings show
1) He is a war hero
2) He has a sense of humor
3) He has a short temper

NOT one posting here has even brought up racial issues, something that YOU accused him of.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
So the point isn't that he's a racist, he's just uttering racist things. That makes no sense.
I'll give you an example of why it is important that the POTUS has control over his own mouth.

"Bring it on."
- George W. Bush
USATODAY.com - Bush: 'Bring on' attackers of U.S. troops

Old 03-19-2008, 07:57 AM

Quote:
I'll give you an example of why it is important that the POTUS has control over his own mouth.

"Bring it on."
- George W. Bush
I read that story and it failed to mention that McCain was a racist. Dont change the subject.. Show me where McCain is a racist

Old 03-19-2008, 07:58 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,145,149 times
Quote:

"Bring it on."
- George W. Bush
That's not a racist comment. YOU started this thread about McCain's use of the word "****". Now, is that a racist comment or not? Given his POW status, I'm betting many voters will give him a pass even if he said it yesterday. So where is the really racist stuff?

pghquest and I are asking the same questions.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
I know its tough for you to follow your own thread, here let me help!

You come back with this post, which supposibly[sic] proved he's a racist.
Once again, your reading comprehension is selective. This is my last response to you as you intentionally do not participate in legitimate conversation.

I said I don't think John McCain is a racist. Get over that one little point you have made up and move on to a real discussion - not distortion, or misrepresentation, or outright lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies