Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 07:45 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Comcast owns NBC, and MSNBC, both progressive propaganda outlets. Their CEO Brian Roberts, and their top executives are huge, progressive Democrats, and Democrat donors, financiers, and bundlers. Look it up. They HATE Trump, and anything GOP.
Lol. Sure--blame it on the Dems.

This is totally on Trump. Totally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 07:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Lightbulb Why does the GOP insist on raising my internet bills so Comcast can make more profits?

Short answer:

That's what Pubs do.

GOP orthodoxy:

Working families are greedy and have far too much.

Millionaires are needy and deserve so much more.

The working class owes them.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:49 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

If it is true, it just shows even Democrat corps will get tax cuts. Also, if you knew anything about economics you know that corporations don't pay taxes. It is always passed along to the consumer. If Comcast gets a tax cut, so will their competitors like Verizon Fios, and they will all have to lower rates to stay competitive.

Maybe take a business, or econ course?

Old 11-17-2017, 07:51 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Net neutrality is a cronyist lie that Leviathan tells people because the beast wants to be the only ISP going. For over 25 years, the Internet has done just fine without government intervention. Just fine and dandy.

If any monopoly practices exist, they were put there by the government and were paid for by their corporate cronies.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:14 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...source=twitter

The death of net neutrality is imminent, all thanks to Trump's lackey Ajit Pai who is in charge of the FCC. Thanks to Lackey, the FCC is literally doing the opposite of what it should be doing and companies like Comcast and the rest of the major media distributors are running the FCC. Due to Pai, watch your internet bills triple. If you're still using cable, watch your cable bills go up after they just allowed major media broadcasting mergers to go through. Pai is literally an enemy of the American public's wallet.

The death of net neutrality is going to absolutely infuriate millions of Americans and it could backfire stupendously for the GOP. This is what is coming to your pocketbook:
How about the big government that you love, stop forcing these companies to pay a "tribute" in order to run lines? That cost is passed on to we the people. Harder for a smaller company to pay those "fees" so we have less competition.
But you keep making things up like internet will cost 3 times a much as it is now, if it helps you sleep at night.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

This is the FCC..

But ACA is on Dems.. and you run around defending that.. blaming the GOP for "not fixing" it..

the irony..

Old 11-17-2017, 08:25 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
But you keep making things up like internet will cost 3 times a much as it is now, if it helps you sleep at night.
My internet cable bill jumped from $40 a month to over $400 a month when my cable company switched from a flat rate, to charging by bandwith.. This was in 2012 give or take..

I could blame Obama if I wanted, just because he was the President, according to the lefts argument now, but that would be silly.

Thankfully, I had another option of DSL, but if they switched their billing plans Id be screwed..

We need more choices, not less.. the left is always about taking away choices, then whine about the results..

Old 11-17-2017, 08:31 AM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...source=twitter

The death of net neutrality is imminent, all thanks to Trump's lackey Ajit Pai who is in charge of the FCC. Thanks to Lackey, the FCC is literally doing the opposite of what it should be doing and companies like Comcast and the rest of the major media distributors are running the FCC. Due to Pai, watch your internet bills triple. If you're still using cable, watch your cable bills go up after they just allowed major media broadcasting mergers to go through. Pai is literally an enemy of the American public's wallet.

The death of net neutrality is going to absolutely infuriate millions of Americans and it could backfire stupendously for the GOP. This is what is coming to your pocketbook:
You really haven't made a cogent case that this is what is going to happen.

There is no chain of logic to your claim.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:01 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Pure sensationalist propaganda.
By ending net neutrality one of the privileges is for the cable companies to artificially slow down your service, then offer a speed up for an extra charge.

They can also slow down access to sites which are not financially connected to them, in effect steering consumer activity toward sites which are less frustrating to access.

These are big wins for the industry, which has been fighting to open up these sources of extra revenue.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:07 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times
Ugh. We’re already trying to get away from Comcast in the near future. Our rates have been going up, even though it was supposed to be a set amount due to contract. I tried to look in my account to read the actual contract, and it’s not there. Something about how I never accepted it? I ask customer service, they can’t send me a copy online. So I hope to argue that we have no contract (since we apparently don’t somehow) and get out. Go to PS Vue, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon. Comcast just sucks period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies