Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 06:47 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,931,272 times

Advertisements

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...source=twitter

The death of net neutrality is imminent, all thanks to Trump's lackey Ajit Pai who is in charge of the FCC. Thanks to Lackey, the FCC is literally doing the opposite of what it should be doing and companies like Comcast and the rest of the major media distributors are running the FCC. Due to Pai, watch your internet bills triple. If you're still using cable, watch your cable bills go up after they just allowed major media broadcasting mergers to go through. Pai is literally an enemy of the American public's wallet.

The death of net neutrality is going to absolutely infuriate millions of Americans and it could backfire stupendously for the GOP. This is what is coming to your pocketbook:

https://i.imgur.com/muJfxMQl.jpg

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-17-2017 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: hotlinking and/or copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 07:08 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
We shall see. I have a theory they are going to increase internet rates but with cord cutting, I doubt the cable end will go up as much and will rise by whatever ESPN and Fox Sports demand in their next extortion contract for sports.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:14 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Comcast owns NBC, and MSNBC, both progressive propaganda outlets. Their CEO Brian Roberts, and their top executives are huge, progressive Democrats, and Democrat donors, financiers, and bundlers. Look it up. They HATE Trump, and anything GOP.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:16 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Pure sensationalist propaganda.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:21 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...source=twitter

The death of net neutrality is imminent, all thanks to Trump's lackey Ajit Pai who is in charge of the FCC. Thanks to Lackey, the FCC is literally doing the opposite of what it should be doing and companies like Comcast and the rest of the major media distributors are running the FCC. Due to Pai, watch your internet bills triple. If you're still using cable, watch your cable bills go up after they just allowed major media broadcasting mergers to go through. Pai is literally an enemy of the American public's wallet.

The death of net neutrality is going to absolutely infuriate millions of Americans and it could backfire stupendously for the GOP. This is what is coming to your pocketbook:
Yep, its ALL Trump's FAULT!

This helps to explain why there is so much bias in the media...

http://i57.tinypic.com/xf2eft.jpg

IF YOU HAD A HUNCH THE NEWS SYSTEM WAS SOMEWHAT RIGGED AND YOU COULDN'T PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT, THIS MIGHT HELP YOU SOLVE THE PUZZLE.

ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, National Security Adviser.

CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, Obama's Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.

ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to former Whitehouse Press Secretary Jay Carney

ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama's Deputy Press Secretary

ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama's Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood

CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton's Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.

Ya think there might be a little bias in the news? Ya Think?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-17-2017 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: hotlinking and/or copyright violation

Old 11-17-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Pure sensationalist propaganda.

Sure. We are going the way of Portugal and this is what consumers in Portugal ALREADY have to deal with because they don't have net neutrality protection:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNGlrABUIAAr9RO.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/YSVyWa4.png

It'll be ironic when everyone has to pay $5 more every month in order to access CD so that they can make their stupid posts of the day.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-17-2017 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: hotlinking and/or copyright violation

Old 11-17-2017, 07:29 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Sure. We are going the way of Portugal and this is what consumers in Portugal ALREADY have to deal with because they don't have net neutrality protection:
You want to hog bandwidth? Pay for it sucker. I don't care one bit if they did that. I'm not addicted to the internet like many millennials are. In reality, it won't happen. One company might try it but even with NN, a company can still tier their services and charge more for big users but others will see an opportunity to offer more and take their customers. Look at cell phones. They had a cap even with NN in place.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You want to hog bandwidth? Pay for it sucker. I don't care one bit if they did that. I'm not addicted to the internet like many millennials are. In reality, it won't happen. One company might try it but even with NN, a company can still tier their services and charge more for big users but others will see an opportunity to offer more and take their customers. Look at cell phones. They had a cap even with NN in place.

If you weren't so obtuse, you'd realize it isn't just about hogging bandwidth to play video games and watch Netflix. The internet is vital to the creation of many new small businesses that provide jobs. If larger competition feels threatened by you they could pay ISPs to slow internet traffic down to your website in order to make it virtually unusable.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:34 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,549 times
Yes!!! The internet providers are trash, they never advertise the “regular rate”. They give you a promo rate for a year than your bill shoots up $40. I’m paying $80 for just internet. I just called them to complain and they said the regular rate is $70 so why am I being charged $80 yet why isn’t $70 stares anywhere?

Only one provider offered in my area right now. Same with electrity being con ed, I am being scammed

Old 11-17-2017, 07:42 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
This is why the GOP are giving tax cuts. So you can pay for your higher wifi bills.

This is a direct result of Trump and his pick. Obama was against these policies--he was truly for the average American.

Trump has no idea how to help average families, how his policies affect the COL, and could not care less how much the average Joe pays for broadband. He has no clue. Those who thought a guy who ripped off others to get rich would help average Americans are total suckers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies