Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2017, 11:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Kids’ emergency room visits for marijuana increased in Colorado after legalization, study finds – The Denver Post

Apparently that's not the case. I still remember the time as a kid I ate unsweetened baking chocolate (horrid-I don't recommend it!!) because it...looked like a candy bar. Dumb to think kids wouldn't eat edibles that do so.

The dangers of marijuana edibles for kids

A bit newer Denver Post article seems to state differently.

Colorado on marijuana: ER visits, poison-control calls down even as consumption rates remain steady – The Denver Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 12:16 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Kids’ emergency room visits for marijuana increased in Colorado after legalization, study finds – The Denver Post

Apparently that's not the case. I still remember the time as a kid I ate unsweetened baking chocolate (horrid-I don't recommend it!!) because it...looked like a candy bar. Dumb to think kids wouldn't eat edibles that do so.

The dangers of marijuana edibles for kids
Then parents need to not be morons leaving things like that lying around. It's the same deal as those canned mudslide drinks sold in convenience stores, or Redline Princess drinks (those were my lifeline throughout university...heaps of caffeine and tasted like liquid bubblegum).

I'd never keep those in kids' reach if they weren't old enough to understand that those things are not for them.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:18 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Nobody dies from big pharma medicine, right?
No one is making that claim.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:04 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
...you've never been anywhere near an edible, have you?

They have a VERY strong smell, and not one that would be appealing to kids at all.
You've never been anywhere near a commercially created edible have you?

Seriously, they make some that you can't tell AT ALL. CO2 extraction of the marijuana, and used in a gumy for example, virtually no taste at all of the pot.

Parents need to be responsible about this. Its not going to kill your kid or anything, but its not the best thing for them.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:06 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Seriously, they make some that you can't tell AT ALL. CO2 extraction of the marijuana, and used in a gumy for example, virtually no taste at all of the pot.

Parents need to be responsible about this. Its not going to kill your kid or anything, but its not the best thing for them.
Hmm. Maybe they've gotten better, because the homemade ones, I can smell from a mile away.

Still comes down to parents not being careless twits.

Old 11-17-2017, 03:44 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
This story sounds really fake. I have hard time believing that this has never happened before, after all the years people have consumed weed. I don't smoke either, so I have skin in the game.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:02 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What I have discovered about discussing cases of injury and illness related to MJ use on forums like these is that you people always blow it off or pretend that we're lying.

I have seen zero deaths from MJ, but I've seen PLENTY of visits and hospitalizations from it.
My colleagues in Colorado are inundated with crap from it.

But y'all will continue denying...

-stan4 (ER doc)
Injury and illness, no that's just people like you pretending again. You won't prove it because you can't.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So now it's not one "user?"
No it's always been that way. lol That's what everyone is refering to, the use of the plant.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Plus it's getting better as far as getting the high out on some that are for pain. Minimal THC and high in CBD

Old 11-17-2017, 04:52 PM

11,090 posts, read 7,154,662 times
The story left out that an extraterrestrial alien fed the baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies