Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 08:29 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
As Ghandi said, I like your Christ but I don't like your Christians

Vast majority of criticisms towards Christians or Christianity is when they reject the values spoken by Jesus Christ.

I believe it's the second part of the Gandhi quote that really hits home: Your Christians are so unlike your Christ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 11:07 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
What Jesus really said concerning the final days, which we are living in:

Matthew 24
[9] Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
[10] And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
[11] And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
[12] And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
[13] But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
[14] And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:13 AM

Yes, the viscous godlessness that we are witnessing today will devolve into murder of real Christians in the not too distant future, just as Jesus said. They hate Godly standards today, and vitriol just gushes out of the hearts as they speak.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Yes, the viscous godlessness that we are witnessing today will devolve into murder of real Christians in the not too distant future, just as Jesus said. They hate Godly standards today, and vitriol just gushes out of the hearts as they speak.

Poor helpless lil' christians.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:19 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Has it ever occurred to you that most of the backlash against Christians in our society would stop if Christians would simply stop trying to impose their beliefs on everyone by force? People don't like being forced to submit to something they don't believe in. You should even agree that belief in God and Jesus Christ must be an individual decision and is not something that can be forced by the state.

All non-Christians want is to be left alone.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
I mean ~ I recommend heavy workouts and nice long walks in the woods. Does wonders.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:26 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am a Christian.

In my opinion, Many people give their reasons for disliking Christianity and the majority of these criticisms centre on the behaviour of the adherents with whom they have had contact, or historical examples of bad behaviour. For a Christian being told that you fall short of perfection isn’t big news. When people get particularly upset it’s usually a sign they’ve had bad experiences with religion.

Anti-Christian sentiment does seem to be increasing in society for several reasons. The loss of philosophical reasoning, the rise of sola scientia, the ravages of post-modernism, lay the blame where you will.

However, all these being said, Anti-Christian rhetoric, if it shines a light on valid criticisms and concerns, is welcome, possibly even vital.

I don't believe Christians will be rounded up though.
Didn't we hear this before around 1935?

"Frogs in the pot"

Old 11-18-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Has it ever occurred to you that most of the backlash against Christians in our society would stop if Christians would simply stop trying to impose their beliefs on everyone by force? People don't like being forced to submit to something they don't believe in. You should even agree that belief in God and Jesus Christ must be an individual decision and is not something that can be forced by the state.

All non-Christians want is to be left alone.
Has it ever occurred to you that God sent Jesus to testify of the truth? Your short-lived good times come with a heavy price. You can choose to not believe it, but real Christians will proclaim it. Jesus is Lord and King.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:48 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Has it ever occurred to you that God sent Jesus to testify of the truth? Your short-lived good times come with a heavy price. You can choose to not believe it, but real Christians will proclaim it. Jesus is Lord and King.
Oh I know I've heard it my entire life. God hates f-gs. F-gs are worthy of death. America is irreversibly doomed unless we re-criminalize sodomy and attach the death penalty to it. For such an omnipotent God, he is awfully concerned about what people do with their private parts, all while shoving the middle finger in the eyes of the poor and sick. And he has bad aim as well. Hurricanes, tornadoes, etc almost always happen in red states. Why is that?

Old 11-18-2017, 11:51 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post

Do you agree with Rick Wiles here?
Lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies