Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 09:34 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Did I mention anything about touching a minor? No. I have no idea where you got that from.

And she touched me, as I said, and it made me uncomfortable. So why is that okay? That's what I'm asking.

Deflection is usually what people do when they know they lost the argument. Don't believe me? Look at Trump's behavior sometime.
It's not OK.

So now you know what women go through, all day, every day, usually from about the time they hit puberty.

The interesting thing is, why did you let her do it? Examine your own thought processes and emotional reactions. Then maybe you'll start to get a grip on women's feelings about this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 09:58 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Wow. Props to you NV. You have my utmost respect with this reply. I really have no words.

I guess I will just fumble a little bit.....Your strength of character and your desire to protect others led to the loss of your job. Good, decent men like you have been protecting and intervening on behalf of those who were not in a position to do it for themselves. You strong, selfless men have been doing it for decades. Sometimes people don't say "Thank You" to others enough. Doesn't mean they forget. I have come across many men like you who have been strong when I couldn't be.

To you especially, (for having the guts to describe what being a victim of a true predator means) and to all the other men on CD who have spoken out in similar ways; I can only simply and humbly say: THANK YOU.

X 10 to the 10th. Honestly, I didn't feel brave or strong. I was just REALLY p****d. I the situation I was in I could have cared less if HR and my "supervisor" (a punk kid who's mommy was a director) found a way to get rid of me. I knew they would. I was a rock in the company boot. Had a target on my back.

My work environment sucked and a couple, one in particular, of the women victimized were close and dear to me. There was trespassing on ground that brings out my alter ego I call him Jesse. (little humor there) involved. Oh hell yes, I shook some trees. A lot of rotten fruit managed to hang on though.

I didn't change much in the way that outfit operates, which is disgusting and "good ol' boy" poster child like, but I did get my point across. And my conscience is clear. I haven't talked to but one person who is still working there for a spell. But the former co worker, who is chief steward for the union, I did talk to a while back told me people were getting less afraid to stand up. On a variety of issues.

The number of targets HR is having to plant are getting overwhelming from what he told me. They can't just sleaze a reason to can that many people. I was glad to hear that. And I had no problems moving on from there. I'd like to think I had something to do with more people running some stiff into their backs.

But I won't go as far as to claim any credit. Maybe I tossed a little spark but I didn't make the fire. So to speak.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:13 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
So a woman talked to you and suddenly that is the same as an adult man playing with a 14 year olds privates? Squeezing a *******? Slap on the ass?

When women are grabbing your pecker while standing in line or working post again.

Woman have been **** on by men since the beginning. Only recently have they had the ability to speak out and even then get labeled by 50% of the public as something bad because they did.
So if an adult man did that to an adult woman, everyone would say it is in appropriate.
Unwanted attention is still wrong regardless of the gender doing it. As per your response, some just feel that its only wrong if a man does it.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:14 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Sorry, but there is a right and wrong way to approach another human being, and ignoring when they take zero interest in you and rubbing your body against theirs and giving them compliments when they are obviously not interested and uncomfortable is not it. That's men and women need to understand.
Of course you are right. That woman was a scuzzy low class person getting off on messing with a younger guy. It is wrong and her looks and age do make it "worse" even though it is wrong if anyone did it. I wonder if she has ever been successful with her moves. Some men will take anything that comes their way.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:23 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
I was on a Conestoga tour bus a long time ago and there were some drunk girls up front messing with the bus driver. It got to the point where he had to call the dispatcher and the bus was diverted so the 3 women could be taken off the bus by state patrol officers somewhere in New Jersey. During this incident passengers were ready to lynch those women not that thye didn't deserve it either.

Some women (like some men) can get stupid. They can get violent too.

I've seen some dumbass stuff from both sexes in my time. Don't try to tell me women are as pure as the driven snow and if were going to drag men through the mud we're only doing half the job.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:16 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
A few weeks ago I was at the grocery store up the road from me, buying some wheat grass, two Mexican Cokes, a box of rice crispies treats and a microwave pizza at 12:30am. While on line at the checkout, which was surprisingly long for that hour of the night, this rather large older woman sees what I'm buying and ask me why I have something healthy and something else that isn't. Instead of saying the truth (the wheat grass was for my cat, the junk food was me to to enjoy while smoking weed and finishing Stranger Things) I just shrugged and didn't say anything.

She winks at me and says "ohh, a mysterious man of few words, I like that." I immediately looked uncomfortable and said nothing. I took out my phone and started messing with it, hoping she would take a hint. Instead, she did this nasty pressing her shoulder against mine thing and said "you look nice."

I took a step back and nervously said "thanks" without looking at her. She asked me if I was okay, I said nothing. She asked me something else, but at that point I stopped listening to her and was just staring at my phone. Finally, she took a hint and checked her things out and left. I checked my few items and paid, and as I left I saw several people on line—all of them women—were giggling at the whole scenario.

I went home and kept thinking: what if the genders were reversed? Would they laugh at it if a younger woman was made to feel uncomfortable by a nasty, older man? No. They would call that unacceptable, and they would be 100% right.

But when it's a woman doing it, it's okay.

And its not just men. I have heard from multiple women than occasionally, women who are interested in women will overstep their boundaries and be outright creepy toward other women. But the same psychopaths who march down the street for "womxn's liberation" have jack to say when a drunken woman touches another woman's rear without asking.

Why is it okay when women do it?

I have never met a single male who serves alcohol in a restaurant or bar who doesn't have a story about some woman making him feel uncomfortable. This usually happens with older women: they get a little booze in their system and suddenly they think it's okay to harass the bartender, server, etc. And from the reactions of management, other team members, and other guests, they apparently have the right to do so (I am the one manager who, if I saw that, would not hesitate to kick said woman out)

And spare me, spare me the whole "you're a big man who can defend himself so you don't feel threatened!" line. If I would have bunched that, or any other woman, who rubbed herself on me, I would be guilty of "violence against women" and we all know the fact that she started it would fall on deaf ears in the courts.

I love SJW logic: "men can't be harassed by women because they can defend themselves against women...but if a man does defend himself, he's guilty of violence against women."

Be it at a bar or at the grocery store or the gym, women should learn to respect people's dignity, just like men should.

This is going to come as a shock, but believe it or not, not all men find every female on Earth attractive, and not all men want attention from females.

Personally, I and many other men have been creeped out by women many times. I was as attracted to that woman or a few others who bothered me as your average female is to Harvey Weinstein. And yes, women and men have the right to reject anyone for any reason.

Just because they are females who think they are attractive does not mean they are entitled to whatever man on Earth they want, and it does not mean that men should feel any obligation to reciprocate the female's advances if he doesn't want to.

Why do women think they are entitled to whatever men they want to and think that they can get away with being disgusting and disrespectful?
Cool story, bro. Too bad it's not true.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:44 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Cool story, bro. Too bad it's not true.
To be honest, I have to agree with thefragile. I remember some of the OP's other threads because they have been so, um, distinctive. According to his own posts, the OP is a diagnosed sociopath, has horrendous "mommy" issues (his references to Mother's Day are highly illustrative), and although he thinks women look fine, finds actual sex to be disgusting. He also thinks people shouldn't talk to you in a public place if you're not interested. If the grocery store incident took place, I'd say that the description here has been highly overstated as to both its characterization and impact. JMHO.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:18 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I was on a Conestoga tour bus a long time ago and there were some drunk girls up front messing with the bus driver. It got to the point where he had to call the dispatcher and the bus was diverted so the 3 women could be taken off the bus by state patrol officers somewhere in New Jersey. During this incident passengers were ready to lynch those women not that thye didn't deserve it either.

Some women (like some men) can get stupid. They can get violent too.

I've seen some dumbass stuff from both sexes in my time. Don't try to tell me women are as pure as the driven snow and if were going to drag men through the mud we're only doing half the job.

AMEN!

That's the point: both sexes go through this stuff and both are capable of this stuff. If we're going to finally address the issue of people being demeaning to one another, let's address the issue and not turn it into "men are evil, women are saintly" like the media and other segments of society want to turn it into.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I've thought a lot about this, but I go around in circles. But, I think that, for the most part, when someone complains that a woman sexually harassed, assaulted, or raped them, the biggest hurdle they face is getting someone to believe them. So many people don't believe women do these things, especially when they are more extreme than the OP's interaction in the grocery store. Kind of like this mess with Weinstein, Takei, Moore, Spacey, etc., I think more public figures are going to have to come out about their experiences for people to understand that this happens.

Exactly.

If this is a "people are victims of people's gross behavior" conversation, fine. However, if it turns into a "men are gross and women are victims" conversation, it serves no one and does a big disservice to half the world's population.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
LOL.

If he finds a chick that responds well to them I suppose that would be his soul mate.

OP...

You were the subject of flirting that, based on the person, could be construed as harmless to aggressive.

It's how people find mates.

So I guess if what that woman did (including rubbing the side of her body against mine) is okay, then simple words are okay, right?

So in other words, this is just "how people find mates":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies