Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 01:50 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,284,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I suppose when you vote a bull in to the china shop ...
Or a sociopath into the presidency.

Title of thread: All of these sexual abuse allegations have been meant to do one thing, to set the stage for Donald Trump's downfall.

Trump was elected not because he is a good person nor because he had even close to an unblemished record. He was elected with a history of far more undesirables than not. A history of corruption and abuse of people (well known to New Yorkers) which includes a significant pattern, over three decades, of reports of sexually assaulting women. Of being a sexual predator. In an unguarded moment, caught on tape, he boasted about that very thing and when it came to light, he did the duck and cover, weakly calling it "locker room talk". Giving lie to the truth.

There are two major points of accountability for Trump getting away with this.
  1. Trump himself. Who lies, denies, evades and deflects at will. Who is about whatever Trump wants.
  2. Those people who voted for Trump thinking he would give them more what they want with no regard for the bad he has done to other people including his sexual assault victims. Nor to the corruption he has been involved in. He is their novelty. Their stink bomb thrown into the works. And some of them are willing to contort, distort and sell their souls to cover for him in whatever way.

And, ultimately, our culture at large that has allowed rich, powerful, corrupt men like Trump to go traipsing merrily along, after their violations, with no accountability. Nor appropriate punishment for the complaints that would be found true when examined. The same kind of punishment doled out to any other criminal yutz who upends people's lives. Most of Trump's accusers appear credible despite those Trumpers who want to blame the victim instead of the assailant. (Do SOME women throw themselves at rich, powerful men. Yes. But MOST don't. A rich, powerful man isn't entitled to take whatever he wants from whomever he wants against the wishes of those who would never want to give it to him.)

If one of these women had been the loved one of those now supporting Trump, it might be a whole different story. Instead of the farkakte reasons and defenses for the sociopath Trump, they would see the harm and damage done to the women and the ultimate insult of him getting away with it with the woman (and those who care for her) having no recourse.

Just because the man serves your purpose in some ways does not mean you have to defend his wrongdoings in others. Support that which you believe in. But, why the need to support/defend that which you do not? Let him face the consequences of his own behavior if he is man enough to stand on his merits or lack of. That is unless you think sexual assault is OK. Then, there's naught left to say except there are consequences for all behavior. Either in this realm or hereafter.

You may get what you want, in the present, from this man of bad, corrupt character. But, dominoes are falling. Some fall quickly in ways you want. Some more slowly in ways you don't foresee and will hate. There are societal consequences for bad behavior too.

If you care for any woman in your life and I hope you do. Look at her when you see her next and think how you would feel if she came home saying she had been sexually assaulted by a rich, powerful man and that there really was nothing that she could do BECAUSE OF HIS POSITION. What would you say? How would you support her? Would you feel the same about her as you do about Trump's accusers? Or are they only "the other" to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 01:57 PM

1,548 posts, read 907,959 times
He can't be impeached for groping some women in the past. He he sure as **** won't step down for such nonsense.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,422,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
He can't be impeached for groping some women in the past. He he sure as **** won't step down for such nonsense.

When tRump topples, it'll be for much more serious crimes than groping.

And it won't be crimes against individuals, it'll be crimes against America.

it's going to warm up.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:45 PM

19,958 posts, read 8,860,828 times
Trump is laughing at the poor minions wishing he would go away.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:53 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,721,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Really? "Turned on our own" for not siding with abuse of power?

Well, that sure says it all. A window into the mindset of the sort of people who never admit their mistakes and would throw victims under the bus to protect abusers!

And somehow believing that the higher the stakes, the lower the bar! You have literally admitted you would elect any cretin to serve your imagined purpose.

Keep typing, you are not helping your cause!
"It is mere coincidence that turning on our own results in no consequences for our party and agenda and it is very telling that you are not willing to throw a normally safe senate seat out the window and support the downfall of your party's president in order to match our moral posturing! For shame!"

Again, you are providing a great example of what I'm talking about in my OP.

Old 11-20-2017, 03:57 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,646,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Yeah I find it interesting how Trump ignores someone in is own party whose accused of sexual harassment yet it's all about A Franken. Those who voted for Trump don't care that their own president has admitted to these things.
Amazing, isn't it? His fans just cannot see him or admit they were fooled. Drumpf took an opportunity to attack him since Franken does not think highly of him. Of course he is overlooking a R W, harassing bully, since it is like looking in a mirror....

Old 11-20-2017, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Trump set his own stage. What every happens to him is called responsibility.
Whatever happens to him will be Karmic.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Stay tuned.

The tRump crumple is barely getting started.

Many exciting episodes to come!

Nice suit and his hair is more natural.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:12 AM

37,077 posts, read 42,050,241 times
Right now EVERYONE knows the Dems game plan with the sexual assault accusations, it's not a secret. Trump knows it too. It's going to be interesting to see it play out in front of the 2018 elections with everyone knowing the script is already being written. We will soon find out how far people can be pushed or led, how blatantly obvious political theater can be, and still be able to get away with it. Personally I think we need a revolution against all politicians but I'm know that won't happen. People will fight for their team no matter how much they have to close their eyes to and ignore. It's going to be nasty and I'm worried that some people may end up hurt, and not just by loosing an election. It's making normal people doubt their sanity, making rational people crazy, that's never good.

I'm just curious which way they will go. Will there be rapes, witnesses, blue dresses found in the closet? Or will we see more of the Roy Moore stuff with unreasonable outrage over comments, uncomfortable feeling, questionable touches that make grown women cry 30 years out? Or anything else we can redefine as "assault"? Will we have to look at Gloria Allreds face for months as she parades people in front of the camera? I wish I could turn it off like a bad tv show but I'm stuck.

Last edited by Ceece; 11-20-2017 at 04:44 AM..

Old 11-20-2017, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Trump needs to own his own despicable behavior. It's not the left's fault that Trump's accusers have come out about him. After all, there's no telling how many he has grabbed by the *****, according to his own words.

That's what gets me about people like Trump and Roy Moore who refuse to take responsibility for their actions, yet blame it on politics, the left, the media, etc., when if they hadn't acted like they acted, there wouldn't be these problems in the first place. SMDH.
Right. During earlier years when these guys were committing acts and freely getting away with it, they became used to thinking they always would. If finally being brought down, this will send a message that anyone committing these sorts of acts, threatening their victims to not divulge them and lying about it is not going to work out for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies