Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 09:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,449,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Pretty soon I don't think anyone is going to care about sex scandals if they aren't straight up violent, rape or assault on someone unconscious or drugged, or if kids are involved. What's happening now is a rapid onset weariness over someone touching someone else's butt 5 years ago. That's something you address at the time with the person in question like an adult, not later on in the court of pubic opinion. It's a hysteria now and while I there is some good in the outpour of #meetoo's and retelling of tales, the longer it lasts the deeper people will dig for anything that can be contrived as a sexual no-no that can be used to jump on the bandwagon.

We've seen this kind of thing happen before.
Desensitization is even happening when it involves kids now! I remember when I first heard of a teacher or adult being caught in a sexual relationship with someone underage, it was shocking, I couldnt believe what I was hearing, but eventually, after so many of these, I wasnt shocked anymore, and nowadays, it doesnt even phase me, it just another one in a long line.

That is very dangerous, usually once people are desensitized, tolerance and acceptance usually follow.

This is exactly how tv networks and hollywood did it when it came to interracial and homosexual relationships, they desensitized the public to it on a mass scale, and slowly over time, tolerance and acceptance came, now we celebrate those who were first to stand up to the 'discrimination' once shown to these groups...I have a feeling we are on track for the same thing happening in the future, but the method they are using, it makes it almost impossible for people to recognize whats going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 04:32 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,715,619 times
Anyone still in doubt?

Old 12-06-2017, 07:17 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,863,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Anyone still in doubt?
That trump is a perv, nope, no doubt at all........

Old 12-07-2017, 11:39 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,715,619 times
Do you hear it? Do you hear the calls to take down Trump? This is what it has been about from the start. Soon even the people who said I was wrong will not only be claiming it is true but also that it was obvious all along.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:33 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,640,420 times
Quote:
Do you hear it? Do you hear the calls to take down Trump? This is what it has been about from the start. Soon even the people who said I was wrong will not only be claiming it is true but also that it was obvious all along.
👂🏻 👏 ..there ya go.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:06 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,538,712 times
Trump being hung on his own petard-------not a better way I can imagine, for him to be eliminated from our growing list of major worries.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:50 AM

33,510 posts, read 18,009,871 times
Quote:
I've been saying this pretty much since the Harvey Weinstein story broke and I've mostly been ignored, but I think it's been the goal since the very beginning. The Russian collusion story is taking too long to wield any real results so it is time to go to plan B. First comes Harvey, then comes a laundry list of Hollywood stars, then some state level congressmen, then some national level congressmen and then, at long last, Trump himself. Careers destroyed and precedents set but it's all just collateral damage.

You are already seeing people bringing up Trump stories that they haven't brought up since the election. "In the context of the recent allegations..." posts and articles are starting to pop up and you are going to start seeing more of it. All of it, every allegation, every career that's been halted in its tracks, every apology made and every reputation destroyed have all just been props used to set the stage for the final act, taking down Donald Trump.

I may be ignored or mocked or have my judgement questioned for saying this but in a few months time many people will be singing the same tune and it will seem obvious in retrospect.
I have been telling my Trump supporting friends the same.. they are cultivating the ground for a Trump removal and they are removing the dems as a token of sacrifice to get the removal system in place.

The dems don't remove their problems , they protect them but this is a first... only because they have to prime the masses for removal.. the sacrificial removal of anyone who is said to be an abuser of women.. next an onslaught of attack on Trump to remove him with many allegations of sexual and power abuse made up and looking for any speck of dirt of Trump to add to his removal... I am not fooled.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:56 AM

950 posts, read 736,629 times
Funny watching how all of a sudden the libs are pretending to have any morals. Wake up, the people are not that stupid.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:06 AM

76,967 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
All of these sexual abuse allegations have been meant to do one thing, to set the stage for Donald Trump's downfall. (Al Franken, Congressmen)
I think it was a calculated move. If many Congress Reps resign over it, then Trump will be forced to resign as well, since he is a confessed grouper / harasser.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:07 AM

76,967 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Funny watching how all of a sudden the libs are pretending to have any morals. Wake up, the people are not that stupid.
No, two libs already resigned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies