Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 12:00 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,599,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
once again though there is no reason to order a first strike. and since there is no reason, and trump is in fact a businessman, and nuclear war would be bad for business, do you really think that trump would order a first strike?
I wouldn't consider it likely by any means, but the man is clearly insane, so you can't count on him making decisions that stable gentlemen such as you and I would make. He has previously expressed enthusiasm for using nuclear weapons in general, and has made veiled threats to use them against North Korea specifically, so it's not completely unreasonable to be somewhat concerned about the possibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 06:26 AM

46,200 posts, read 26,966,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Did you notice anyone saying he did? Please try to follow along; I really didn't think it was that complicated.

Being sarcastic, to show how stupid the left is being with this nonsense....

It seems to be VERY complicated to those on the left, that's why I break it down kindergarten easy....but evidently, you have a problem with something that easy....

Old 11-20-2017, 06:28 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't consider it likely by any means, but the man is clearly insane, so you can't count on him making decisions that stable gentlemen such as you and I would make. He has previously expressed enthusiasm for using nuclear weapons in general, and has made veiled threats to use them against North Korea specifically, so it's not completely unreasonable to be somewhat concerned about the possibility.

That's why the General is there...I thought this was easy?

Again, the Generals WORDS:

Quote:
I think some people think we’re stupid. We’re not stupid people. We think about these things a lot. When you have this responsibility, how do you not think about it? I provide advice to the president, he will tell me what to do. And if it’s illegal, guess what’s going to happen? I’m going to say, “Mr. President, that’s illegal.” And guess what he’s going to do? He’s going to say, “What would be legal?” And we’ll come up with options, with a mix of capabilities to respond to whatever the situation is, and that’s the way it works. It’s not that complicated.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:33 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,383,510 times
It is just a pathetic state of affairs when a four star general has to assure the world that our lunatic president does not have carte blanche authority to launch an impromptu nuclear strike.

The sad truth is I am not sure I agree with that assessment as it would required the generals to be insubordinate to the president.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
It is just a pathetic state of affairs when a four star general has to assure the world that our lunatic president does not have carte blanche authority to launch an impromptu nuclear strike.

The sad truth is I am not sure I agree with that assessment as it would required the generals to be insubordinate to the president.

What's more pathetic is that the left runs with it...when it's false, all based off words taken out of context...

He's not being insubordinate, he's keeping the president within his swim lane....

Read the Generals own words...

Old 11-20-2017, 07:06 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,087,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1DI0QV

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-str...er-from-trump/

Didn't he solemnly swear to obey the orders a President when he enlisted decades ago?

Why are generals who have been in the service for decades making unfiltered comments like that?

Tremendously disturbing and unprofessional of him to say that while the world is listening. It is almost as if he in a very passive way is trying to cheapen and demean President Trump.

What strange times we live in? I don't know if he passively implying anything about the current President but it just seems strange to me.

Seems like the Pentagon is even at a loss for word's over the general's comments. It just seems very inappropriate for a general to make those sort of comments when the world is watching.

Seems like he is making passive remarks and demeaning our President. Isn't the President of the Commander of Chief?

This is par for the course for you, OP. What we would all expect from you.

Only you would question the general, someone with 40+ years of military service, if they were to question the man-child idiot president before starting a nuclear war.

Only you, OP, would take issue with that.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:13 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,852,196 times
Quote:

I think I prefer a 4 star general to reassure us that our Military's moral compass is still in check.
What is sad that people don't understand that no President can simply order a nuclear strike on a whim.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:55 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,734,646 times
Quote:
really? are you a psychiatrist? have you spoken to trump? have you actually analyzed him in a clinical setting? or are you just spouting off because you dont like him? i suspect the last question hits the mark, doesnt it?

Old 11-20-2017, 11:51 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,089,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
once again though there is no reason to order a first strike. and since there is no reason, and trump is in fact a businessman, and nuclear war would be bad for business, do you really think that trump would order a first strike?
What are you talking about! A CONTROLLED nuclear war would be phenomenal for business, look at the GDP and business boom after WW2 due to the total destruction of the rest of the world. It was a huge boon to the USA, assuming that we are decisive tactically and don't incur massive losses ourselves.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:54 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,089,164 times
Quote:

Cool, keep allowing the chineese, bangledeshies and Indians etal to wage economic warfare against us until everyone is making $8/hr without retaliation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies