Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 12:39 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Oh, so you have seen his financials, huh ? Or maybe his tax returns ?
Tax returns dont show his net worth, and you guys are the ones who pegged his real net worth at a fraction of what he claimed it was..

Were you guys lying then, or are you now?

Old 11-19-2017, 12:42 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Tax returns dont show his net worth, and you guys are the ones who pegged his real net worth at a fraction of what he claimed it was..

Were you guys lying then, or are you now?
They are having a hard time keeping their stories straight.

Old 11-19-2017, 12:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
They are having a hard time keeping their stories straight.
The funny thing is, while I admit Trump grossly exaggerated his revenues and worth.. (I said that last year as well), the only reason his net worth has fallen, well much of the reason, is simply that they are recalculating based upon the financials that were disclosed. They havent changed, just that they are now more public..

So instead of claiming, yes Trump lied about his net worth (which much of it was pegged in the value of his name), they are now suggesting that he's going bankrupt..

They cant even be honest about such basic things but want us to take them seriously in regards to much more complicated issues.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:39 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
When you inflate revenues by over 1000% and have assets which are DOWN big time in this market, it's certainly a possibility.
The Incredible Shrinking Trump Organization - WNYC

"The average price per square foot for condos at Trump Tower has fallen by 23 percent since 2015, The Wall Street Journal reported, while prices at other midtown developments have remained steady. At Trump’s International Hotel and Tower on Central Park, the average price per square foot is down 24 percent.

And revenue is are down on the Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point in the Bronx, falling by more than $1.1 million in the past two years, to $5.7 million, Crain’s reported.

Trump also toppled on another list, down an astonishing 92 places (to No. 248), in Forbes’ rankings of richest men in America"

Jared is reportedly far underwater on one of his biggests investments (can't pay the mortgage). Maybe that's why he sneaks off to Saudi Arabia?

If only they can make America as Great as they've made themselves during this BOOM we are in. His money should have tripled in the last 10 years if he took advantage of any of the real estate downturn. Heck, I think I am up 250% since 2008...and he's headed downhill???

No, I refuse to be hired to advise crooks.
So if he makes money as President he's profiting from his position, but if he loses money he's a bad businessman? Not really sure what your point is, but it's quite obviously a sophomoric attempt at gotcha politics. Keep trying, you can do better.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:04 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
You just went off the rails, on a huge bridge, over a raging river, filled with icebergs!
You just made something up, without any proof, while failing at being clever.
The economy hasn't recovered unless you think the plethora of welfare is a good thing.

But cool post bro.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:08 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Lefty is so confused, now I’m confused. I thought trump was going to get rich in the White House. Weren’t you lefties suppposed to be rounded up by now?
Moral=Pay no attention to lefty.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:08 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Where the Hell do you live ?
Not in fantasy land where you park.

Quote:
You are forgetting what this country looked like in 2008,
No I'm not. That's just something you made up because you like to make things up. Why believe you? Because you said so?

Quote:
when Obama took over. He left Trump with an improving economy that still is improving today.
Improving? Okay, but still bad.
The jobs that came back are low paying. In 2007 UE was slightly higher than it is now and we had 27 million on food stamps. The population has grown 8 percent yet food stamp usage is at 41 million which is 50 percent higher than 2007. For the first time ever a majority of school aged children are on free or assisted lunches.
Yea nothing says prosperity than welfare.

Quote:
But you will never admit that, will you ?
Back at you slick. Lets see if you EVER address what I said using facts to disprove me. Will you?

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 11-19-2017 at 07:19 PM..

Old 11-19-2017, 07:17 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Who goes bankrupt after being President? Even the white trash Clintons turned the presidency into millions.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 11-19-2017 at 08:21 PM..

Old 11-19-2017, 07:42 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Who goed bankrupt after being President? Even the white trash Clintons turned the presidency into millions.
I think Trump has been "effectively bankrupt" for a good part of his career, but unless you have to file (he did at least 6 times), it's not official.

My guess is that the Russians bailed him out big time and continue to do so. But that was in exchange for something - NOT for increased sanctions against Russia (Trump doesn't want these, but Congress did it and he had no choice).....

Trump buy high and sells low. If he was worth 3 Billion, and that is highly doubtful (he admitted he makes up his worth based on his name, etc.), then his entire business career was for naught - that is, he would have done better in an Index Fund.

Depending on who you believe, Trump saw 40 million to 100 million from his father in 1974. His dad didn't die for 25 years from then, so it makes sense other money came to "the Don" upon his death or during his life.

Taking a mid-level LOW figure of 60 million - it would be worth about the same as his net worth today - 3 Billion dollars. Imagine how much better this would have been - no bankruptcies in which banks, bondholders, investors, contractors, etc. got stiffed.

No lawsuits in which Trump U students had to file to get even a portion of the Don Fraud back.

And now - at the end of all of that, he appears to be in a precarious position...especially when you figure in his SIL and the Russians and all the other BS....

This is why it truly amazes me when people call him a good business person who can use those skills to hlep this country. I know a lot of people don't understand business - but the basic idea is that you don't screw people and you make a larger return that if you just invested the money and sat by the pool.

Admittedly, I'm the little guy....but it's all still relative.

I started with about $3,000.
My business grew to doing a couple million per year - very profitable (every year for 20 years....then some other businesses after that). I paid EVERY supplier and employees made about double the going rate. I put money away from IRA and Bonuses and paid health and life insurance for all workers. At the end, I sold the business for a small profit to another family who also made a living from it.

Not ONE bill unpaid. Not a single lawsuit. Plenty of money for retirement.

To me, that is good basic business. Consistency, honesty and providing a real value to those who you work for...and those who work for you.

I must be old fashioned...because Trump is creating Chaos in the world and ending up with no more more of a return (and probably less)...than a garden variety business person.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:58 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
POTUS will not go bankrupt. . However the country will default for the first time in history under the weight of the GOP tax cuts, during his watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies