Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 06:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Trump has had a life of thievery, lies, bankruptcies, and stiffing his workmen and creditors - to the point no US bank will do business with him anymore - which is why he is in bed with the Russians. He leaves wreckage and destruction in his wake everywhere.

You've been had --
Actually there are lots of reasons to go overseas for funding. American banks for the most part wont loan ANYONE large amounts in one big loan because federal regulations limit the exposure banks are allowed to have..

Old 11-19-2017, 06:05 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Default President Donald Trump calls "crooked" Hillary Clinton the biggest loser of all time

I think it's great

Old 11-19-2017, 06:20 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Trump is a the BIGGEST LOSER.......He's always - whether true or not - got to tell everyone how he is #1.

Indeed......if we're talking about LOSERS - morally, intellectually, honesty - it's Trump all the way.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:27 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
What is success?

We all have our own definitions.

Trump has more money than I do -- he started with more money than I did....but I don't feel he's more successful - -he just has more money.

Trump is not smarter than I. Unfortunately, we are finding just how much he doesn't understand. Sure sure he can tell you roughly how much concrete is needed for a job....(his own admission) but he had no clue how complicated the health care was (his own admission)...and the trade deal with China -- so much to learn (his own admission).

He doesn't know how govt. works.

While his own party can't agree on legislation to pass he blames the Democrats for their obstruction -- WHAT? wait a minute -- you can't get your own party to work with you -- go after them.

He's as dumb as they can be...as obnoxious rude, crude and insecure or else he wouldn't react to every bit of criticism over petty or large things. A man who is confident, successful, sure of himself doesn't care if someone criticizes him..he doesn't have a hissy fit on Twitter -- that's for teen age girls, trolls and pundits.
Re the bolded...Yep.

I can't remember if Trump's father put it this way, or if someone else did, but it was said that his father 'raised him to be a killer' (business wise...not literally). IMO, the way his father's attitude likely influenced his mindset facilitated his being...for a time...'putty in Roy Cohn's hands'. Deep down, Cohn was likely as insecure as Trump is.

Later, once Cohn was no longer of use to Trump, and was sick, Trump 'cast him aside'.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:53 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Trump is a the BIGGEST LOSER.......He's always - whether true or not - got to tell everyone how he is #1.

Indeed......if we're talking about LOSERS - morally, intellectually, honesty - it's Trump all the way.
You don't become president of the United States by being a loser.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:54 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
How does rubbing people the wrong way go toward accomplishing anything? Other than giving his supporters a shot of adrenaline that the people they don't like are being put down.

Kind of like me being in charge of a project at work. Walking in the room and looking at the people who will be working with me and saying "God, you look like an ugly bunch of slackers". "Now, let's get gong on getting this project completed"!
Civility is gone in this country and Trump knows it..............he attacks when he is attacked, very smart!

Old 11-19-2017, 06:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Civility is gone in this country and Trump knows it..............he attacks when he is attacked, very smart!
I think sometimes he'd get a lot further if he just laughs off the attacks against him. For a brief minute, he'd have a small segment of the population which attacks him all the time for attacking others, (note the irony), just chuckling and not his enemy.

for just a brief moment..

Old 11-19-2017, 07:11 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You don't become president of the United States by being a loser.
It depends on how you define winning.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:29 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I think sometimes he'd get a lot further if he just laughs off the attacks against him.
thin-skinned

adjective

1. sensitive to criticism or insults: "these bloggers sure are a thin-skinned crowd" synonyms: sensitive, oversensitive, hypersensitive, easily offended, easily hurt, ...

Old 11-19-2017, 07:34 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
If civility is gone in this country, he sure isn't the one who is a good role model to set an example of how to get it back on track. My respect does go to the few who have tried to set a good example, even with disappointing results:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/..._n_808219.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies