Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 03:01 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There are many that don't follow that rule. I wasn't saying that alot of Blacks like crime. My point was that the "don't snitch" rule still plays a role for those crooks who get away.

It really doesn't. I've lived in "hoods" most of my life and people in those neighborhoods tell police what is going on their neighborhoods if they know what is going on. Some criminals just do a good job at not being seen or blabbing off at the mouth about their business so they don't get caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 12:33 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Gang retaliation murders happen all over the place. Unfortunately I even have some dumb cousins many times removed who are young and involved in gangs and they shoot each other and retaliate against each other year after year. One of my closer family members was recently shot due to him being gang affiliated. His gang went to shoot at the gang they thought shot the family member. That gang went and shot up my family members grandparents house who he had been staying with.

No one knows who is the exact people doing the shooting, but we know who the gang members are and where they hang out at and police know all about them because people in the neighborhood "snitch" about it basically.

I highly doubt the same thing isn't going on in Baltimore. I've worked very closely with PDs before and they know all the drug houses and the gangs and who is involved over 90% of the time and that is because of residents of the neighborhoods telling them about those things. Police usually don't have enough evidence though to lock up people before something terrible happens.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:32 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
So it's been a month and all we seem to have is spinning wheels. The FBI was asked to take over but it seems that they can't make up their mind?

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Tuesday that the FBI will “probably be able to act” on the request, but no action had been announced as of Wednesday.

Uncle who helped raise Baltimore Det. Sean Suiter says family members 'deserve to find out the truth,' welcome FBI involvement - Baltimore Sun

Is this how you investigate something? Let the evidence get cold and decide at some point later to get involved?

Old 12-14-2017, 04:43 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,730,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Link: Baltimore police detective dies after being shot; police seek 'heartless, ruthless, soulless killer' - Baltimore Sun

Where is Black Lives Matter? Al Sharpton? The Maryland Democrat Party? All the other race hustlers? This officer was just as black as Freddie Gray, yet nobody is rioting in the streets of Baltimore.

I guess in order to get attention from the libs, you need a rap sheet a mile long and a history of drug dealing.
Unless you have some reason to believe that he was targeted by the authorities due to his race and was systematically denied his civil rights, then you are simply blowing smoke and trolling. Plus, displaying a depth of misunderstanding of this issue that paints you in a very unfavorable light.

Nice try though. Likely the best you could muster. At the very least, you deserve a participation trophy.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Unless you have some reason to believe that he was targeted by the authorities due to his race and was systematically denied his civil rights, then you are simply blowing smoke and trolling. Plus, displaying a depth of misunderstanding of this issue that paints you in a very unfavorable light.

Nice try though. Likely the best you could muster. At the very least, you deserve a participation trophy.
You will note, the OP dissapeared from the thread.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:53 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
It's pretty well documented at this point that 'outrage' only exists where there is perceived political gain.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:00 AM

Since this has been an ongoing thing I will simply continue here.

In a roll reversal, several men who are admitting to being drug dealers took the stand against the police officers under immunity deals with the federal government.

Can you imagine.....it's so bad in Baltimore that they are giving drug dealers immunity to testify against police officers.

This to me is the most damaging.

Ward said the officers kept BB guns in their vehicles “in case we accidentally hit somebody or got into a shootout, so we could plant them.” He did not say whether the officers ever planted a BB gun on anyone.

Notable testimony from the Baltimore Police Gun Trace Task Force corruption trial, updated with Day 5 - Baltimore Sun

Is it any wonder Freddie Grey ran? I have to wonder if the trial would have been different if all of this had come out first.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:07 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Link: Baltimore police detective dies after being shot; police seek 'heartless, ruthless, soulless killer' - Baltimore Sun

Where is Black Lives Matter? Al Sharpton? The Maryland Democrat Party? All the other race hustlers? This officer was just as black as Freddie Gray, yet nobody is rioting in the streets of Baltimore.

I guess in order to get attention from the libs, you need a rap sheet a mile long and a history of drug dealing.

You guys love to create drama where there is none, don't you ?

Cops are killed every week in the line of duty. Horrible and sad, but a fact of life. It is the risk they took when they put on that badge. To turn it into a white/black thing is just someone looking to stir the pot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies