Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 01:10 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
O.K., you say it's a far fetch and being a far fetch shouldn't get those who have a problem with this kind of stuff questioned.

Do some have a bigger agenda? Is it simply a perfect storm? I do not know but I'm not going to get upset over people getting caught up in things they have condemned out of others in the past.

Do we need to tread carefully to not start a witch hunt? We do.

I won't dismiss that possibility. I think Cosby's perceived hypocrisy helped bring him down also. It's not going to work with Trump though as he does not care.
Quote:
It's not going to work with Trump
Because Trump is not in the same traditional values league with the others. A person can not under go a Character Assassination, when there is no question about their character.
Quote:
I do not know but I'm not going to get upset over people getting caught up in things they have condemned out of others in the past.
I don't do, he said/she said. Especially when the timing of the allegations, reek. But then, that's just me, I'm sure ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 01:19 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Because Trump is not in the same traditional values league with the others. A person can not under go a Character Assassination, when there is no question about their character.
Could be true.

Quote:
I don't do, he said/she said. Especially when the timing of the allegations, reek. But then, that's just me, I'm sure ...
In those kinds of situations I don't blame you. We have had quite a few admit and apologize for being as they have been accused.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I know the feeling, but that's what happens when the witch hunt mentality takes over. You have feminists yelling these men had it coming, politicians trying to use the hysteria to take out targeted opponents, but once these things develop a certain momentum whipped to an angry froth by social media it gets frenzied and takes out everyone. I mean Democrats beating on Bill Clinton?
Quote:
use the hysteria to take out targeted opponents
I think there is more than one group, using the hysteria as a tool, to target and remove people of interest out of influence in society.

I don't know every one in question, but Charlie Rose is the only media host that has continued to discuss the NWO, over the ages and now he's gone and even if he stayed no one would listen to him.

And so much for Bill Cosby telling young men to pull their pants up.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I think there is more than one group, using the hysteria as a tool, to target and remove people of interest out of influence in society.

I don't know every one in question, but Charlie Rose is the only media host that has continued to discuss the NWO, over the ages and now he's gone and even if he stayed no one would listen to him.

And so much for Bill Cosby telling young men to pull their pants up.
He should have told himself the same thing.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Could be true.

In those kinds of situations I don't blame you. We have had quite a few admit and apologize for being as they have been accused.
Yes, but even Charlie Rose statement tells to me a different story ...

"I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe all of these allegations are accurate," he said. "I always felt that I was pursuing a shared feeling, even though I now realize I was mistaken." ~ charlie rose ~

Realizing now that he was mistaken, is because now, these women are telling him he was ... when perhaps at the time not so much. Even if they felt icky, they didn't let on about it ... but waited years?

Old 11-24-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
He should have told himself the same thing.
Ever listen to the things he has said over the years ... and to whom he speaks them to? He spoke truth and honesty, perhaps a bit too much.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Yes, but even Charlie Rose statement tells to me a different story ...

"I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe all of these allegations are accurate," he said. "I always felt that I was pursuing a shared feeling, even though I now realize I was mistaken." ~ charlie rose ~

Realizing now that he was mistaken, is because now, these women are telling him he was ... when perhaps at the time not so much. Even if they felt icky, they didn't let on about it ... but waited years?
If that is what you want to believe.

Godfrey-Ryan said that when Rose learned she had confided to a mutual friend about his conduct, he fired her.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.4f699fc62b76

Young women in debt from school and just starting out were supposed to do what else? They knew they risked their entire careers by coming forward.

He knew. Instead of saying "I'm sorry, I thought there was something mutual between us", he fired her.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Ever listen to the things he has said over the years ... and to whom he speaks them to? He spoke truth and honesty, perhaps a bit too much.
He absolutely did and you want me to argue against the idea that people who knew about his hypocrisy decided to expose him? No, I can't argue against that idea. Just because he might have been exposed for the wrong reasons, doesn't make exposing him wrong.

This condemnation of others seems to be a pretty common trait in those who are doing things they would rather others not know about. From the priest molesting boys to the homosexual congressman voting against gay rights.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
If that is what you want to believe.

Godfrey-Ryan said that when Rose learned she had confided to a mutual friend about his conduct, he fired her.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.4f699fc62b76

Young women in debt from school and just starting out were supposed to do what else? They knew they risked their entire careers by coming forward.

He knew. Instead of saying "I'm sorry, I thought there was something mutual between us", he fired her.
So Godfrey-Ryan immediately did what? Contact EEOC and take the woman she confided in with her, to substantiate her claim? No she sat on it for 17 years.
Quote:
He absolutely did and you want me to argue against the idea that people who knew about his hypocrisy decided to expose him? No, I can't argue against that idea. Just because he might have been exposed for the wrong reasons, doesn't make exposing him wrong.

This condemnation of others seems to be a pretty common trait in those who are doing things they would rather others not know about. From the priest molesting boys to the homosexual congressman voting against gay rights.
Quote:
doesn't make exposing him wrong
again timing.
Quote:
This condemnation of others seems to be a pretty common trait in those who are doing things they would rather others not know about.
who knew what when? I've done things I would rather not have others know about, but then I'm not Charlie Rose. The only one who would care, is some one wanting to conduct a power play ... and since I don't have anything to loose, no one would care about me, or anything I may have done.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
So Godfrey-Ryan immediately did what? Contact EEOC and take the woman she confided in with her, to substantiate her claim? No she sat on it for 17 years.
That's how you excuse him firing her? Also.......I do not know the laws forwards and backwards here. From what it seems, his was a small potato's organization. Generally laws such as what you mention only apply to a business of a certain size.

Then how much harder would it be for her to land another job in her line of business 17 years ago after suing Charlie Rose?

How many actresses would find work after suing a producer or production head?

Quote:
again timing.
who knew what when? I've done things I would rather not have others know about, but then I'm not Charlie Rose.
We all have but I've never drugged women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies