Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2017, 09:31 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Or....the entitelment mentality of...”nobody better hold me up in line “ for any reason.
Oh you mean all the people using the store for its intended purpose rather than a shady after hours ATM where they tie up the stores resources for 30 minutes doing repeat transactions to get more cash back than the store clearly intended to be available? Yea, how dare all those people in line expect the other people in line to use the store for its intended purpose! Don't they know that there are snowflakes around that need cash RIGHT NOW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 09:32 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It was the girls right to say no.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:34 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Oh you mean all the people using the store for its intended purpose rather than a shady after hours ATM where they tie up the stores resources for 30 minutes doing repeat transactions to get more cash back than the store clearly intended to be available? Yea, how dare all those people in line expect the other people in line to use the store for its intended purpose! Don't they know that there are snowflakes around that need cash RIGHT NOW!
It's a fictional story, pure & simple.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:35 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Eye survived!!

Old 11-27-2017, 09:41 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
You know, it seems to me that there are two kinds of people in the world. There are those who can afford to challenge the police and risk arrest and a very expensive legal battle when they otherwise have not broken the law, and there are those who cannot. I am beginning to believe that libertarianism, when practiced as it is preached, is really a rich man's game when it comes right down to it.
What I posted is not confrontational in any way. It is just the extent of which one is required to comply and nothing more. And no one has a "duty" to aid the State in one's own persecution. Ask a lawyer which is the most rational and legal way to deal with government goons and you will get pretty much what I posted.

The State's interest is NOT in your interest.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Should have just handed over the stupid backpack.
"Let me see your papers".

"Shut up and get in the back of the bus"

Old 11-27-2017, 10:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Because you have no right to definitely means you don't beat a defenseless girl for saying no.

What other violence do you support where it comes to young women saying no?

Old 11-27-2017, 10:22 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It's a fictional story, pure & simple.
The OP actually showed his/her receipts so it is not fictional.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:12 AM

2,656 posts, read 1,374,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
$2000 cash at a Walmart. Good grief, I hope you thanked the manager and apologized to everyone in line behind you.
He didn't necesarily hold anyone up. On a Sunday night he may have done his business at a self check register without holding anyone up or made multiple trips through line at a regular revister. At the Walmart I worked at Sunday nights weren't one of our busy times.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:16 AM

2,656 posts, read 1,374,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
What was shady about his transaction? And we dont know he held people up...he could easily have done this in the self check area without holding anyone up...at the Walmart I worked at Sunday nights can be pretty slow. Sometimes you do need money right now to complete a transaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies