Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 12:31 PM

6,443 posts, read 4,021,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is getting crazyville, on the amount of censorship happening now, that did not exist on these social media platforms, before the left lost this last Presidential election.

It is like an organized effort, to remove the people with different politics and point of view, cannot use the telephone anymore.... OOOps, I mean the internet, in an equal manner as those involved in group think.
First of all YouTube blatantly censors the right wing not because they are leftists (although they are), they don't like the right spreading propaganda and causing people to pull ads on them. When PewdiePie had his Nazi scandal tons of companies pulled their ads causing an "Adpocalypse" for most Youtubers were their revenue was cut. As a response YouTube: which has been taken over by far right political commentators and a few people who claim to be centrists but are right of John Kasich (a true centrist IMO) or might be left of him but wage war against the SJWs, censors the right openly. They don't delete their videos but give them over 18 age restriction as the right wing of Youtube hurts the rest of the platform due to their propoganda.

The censorship is coming from anywhere but companies not wanting to join Youtube since most political commentary on there is Alt-Lite or sympathetic to the Alt-Right (most of the true Alt-Right channels have been kicked of the platform for being racist).
For example their are the Lauren Southerns, Stefan Molyneux and BlackPigeonSpeaks on Youtube as well as the sympathizers/enablers like Andywarski, Roaming Millenial and Sargon of Akkad.

So it's a pretty simple cycle the Alt-Lite and the enablers/sympathizers pushes out stuff that even most right-wingers wouldn't agree with and constantly attack the SJWs who never make attack videos, YouTube age restricts them so companies don't pull their ads as they see Youtube is censoring them. I mean what company in their right mind would want their ad playing before a Lauren Southern video, were she blatantly lies and spreads far right-wing propoganda or talks about a white-ethnostate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 12:38 PM

29,450 posts, read 16,367,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Even if you are correct, that's no reason to censor a video. One man's propaganda is another man's truth.

I assume you are mature enough to not support censoring something just because you disagree with it.
Youtube has very strict policies, and this has been an issue for a while. They have even censored(and demonetized) left wing videos that show images of terrorist attacks where the individual is simply reporting what happened.

Pragar U may have made a video that does something along those lines, They may have very well argued an opinion as fact that youtube felt they went to far on.

Secular Talk made the argument once that Conservatives wanted gay people to die and that video was not only restricted, the site removed it.

Pragar is known for doing the same to liberals when it comes to arguing absolutes and opinions, so the same may have happened to them.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:54 PM

6,443 posts, read 4,021,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Youtube has very strict policies, and this has been an issue for a while. They have even censored(and demonetized) left wing videos that show images of terrorist attacks where the individual is simply reporting what happened.

Pragar U may have made a video that does something along those lines, They may have very well argued an opinion as fact that youtube felt they went to far on.

Secular Talk made the argument once that Conservatives wanted gay people to die and that video was not only restricted, the site removed it.

Pragar is known for doing the same to liberals when it comes to arguing absolutes and opinions, so the same may have happened to them.
Agreed, while they do censor left leaning people as well, I have to admit they focus on right wingers more than left, mostly because the "left" on YouTube is a lot more moderate than the "right" on YouTube. The main cause IMO of why they do this is because of ad-revenue. Companies ads seem to be semi-random and if Youtube doesn't censor strong political opinions and an ad plays before a video that for example says "All White People Should Die", then the company sees their ad playing before that video then everyone suffers, Youtube shuts down the channel or video, the company pulls their ad and the entire platform takes a hit in ad revenue.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:56 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,134,172 times
I just googled Prager University videos and dozens came up

Not sure what your idea of censor is

Old 11-21-2017, 01:16 PM

29,450 posts, read 16,367,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Agreed, while they do censor left leaning people as well, I have to admit they focus on right wingers more than left, mostly because the "left" on YouTube is a lot more moderate than the "right" on YouTube. The main cause IMO of why they do this is because of ad-revenue. Companies ads seem to be semi-random and if Youtube doesn't censor strong political opinions and an ad plays before a video that for example says "All White People Should Die", then the company sees their ad playing before that video then everyone suffers, Youtube shuts down the channel or video, the company pulls their ad and the entire platform takes a hit in ad revenue.
I tend to agree with the bold when talking about politics, but in general, the left gets hurt by this more than the right.

Any video talking about any sexuality other than straight is blocked on restricted mode, as are religious and non religious videos other than Christianity.

Youtube has been working to fix this, but not sure if they ever did(i have no reason to use restricted mode so its not something I would see, and if an ad doesnt play, i just assume i hit the skip button out of habit).

Things that are considered "traditional" seem to get the benefit of the doubt from Youtube when it comes to censorship.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:47 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,657,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
No, I don't like it when the government censors, but then Google is a privately held company and can decide what content it wants on its websites.
I agree that they can do it legally. But we can also call them out over their bias.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Exactly. It is funny how Conservatives are all about companies rights to do things until it is something they care about.
Sorry to disappoint you but this isn't about their rights. Nobody said they didn't have the right to be biased.

Try again.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Why don't you watch some of the videos and tell us where they support terrorist attacks or said they wanted gay people to die.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
I just googled Prager University videos and dozens came up

Not sure what your idea of censor is
Read the link in the OP. It's quite clear.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:53 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,328,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao....It didn't before NN and it won't happen after in a big way. Companies like Netflix SHOULD pay to have their traffic carried since it uses more bandwidth than anything else. How is it fair that one companies content can hinder the other and you're ok with that? Bandwidth isn't made out of thin air. You do realize that everything you do right now is throttled in some way through QoS. It HAS to be, there isn't enough bandwidth to give everything 100%.
Netflix already pays. Stupid people suggesting otherwise aside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies