Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what point will you give up on the notion that Hillary is going to jail
1 year 1 2.70%
2 years 0 0%
5 years 0 0%
10 years 1 2.70%
Never give up, I'll still be waiting for her to be charged 20 years from now 35 94.59%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 03:41 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Amazing - a riff off of the "no real Scotsman" logical fallacy.

Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What were those nine Congressional investigations. Fake?

Oh, wait, I see what you're saying. It's only real if she is indicted. If they find nothing to charge her with, well, then, it MUST be fake.
Crazy, eh?

There are all sorts of investigations that do not end in indictments but rather in vindications.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Regardless of what side you are on it should bother anyone that Uranium deal is made by getting Clintons money in exchange for Uranium.
Regardless of what side you are on, the truth is still the truth.

The truth is there is no "factual basis" for an investigation into that uranium deal. Sessions said it so himself.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:43 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,176,768 times
Liberals have still not got over Joe McCarthy despite the release of the Venona Files which proved him correct. Liberals are still crowing about how corrupt Nixon was, true, but he resigned. Clinton? Obama? not a peep.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:54 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Hillary was investigated and cleared of any crimes. Trump himself said he would not pursue charges.

And yet man on the far right still claim that Hillary will be in prison, despite no indications.

So I ask, at what point will you give up on this idea?

If Hillary is still free a year from now, 2 years, 3 years, 10 years? Will you still stick to your claim?

Is there a cutoff point where the writing will be on the wall or will you be on your dying bed still waiting for Hillary to be in prison?

Yes, the Clintons, a powerful political family, has clearly committed many federal crimes and been given a pass by friendly high-ranking political appointees.

We are dealing with widespread and open corruption at the highest levels of government.

So, the question becomes, how much political corruption are you willing to accept in exchange for your side winning.

Personally, I prefer to not live in a banana republic, even if that means I have to be on the losing side for a while.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Anyone else who did what Hillary did with the dossier that is fake and a set up should be bothered as I bet you and I would be in prison as it should b.
You are the victim of misinformation. Please protect yourself.

The meetings, communications, relationships, ... listed in the dossier were either already known at the time it was drafted or are gradually being documented.

But regardless of how much or how little of it was true, handing such a dossier over to the FBI is exactly what should be done.

Why would anyone go to prison over that?

Old 11-22-2017, 04:52 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Hillary was investigated and cleared of any crimes. Trump himself said he would not pursue charges.

And yet man on the far right still claim that Hillary will be in prison, despite no indications.

So I ask, at what point will you give up on this idea?

If Hillary is still free a year from now, 2 years, 3 years, 10 years? Will you still stick to your claim?

Is there a cutoff point where the writing will be on the wall or will you be on your dying bed still waiting for Hillary to be in prison?
I want to say they will give up when she's dead, but my guess is many of them would happily dig up her bones and put them behind bars, perhaps after burning them at the stake.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:08 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
They'll never give up on the whole Hillary for prison thing. Yet they will be outraged if Democrats say the same about Trump once the Mueller investigation is complete.
She needs to be held accountable for her crimes.

So far, there is zero evidence that Trump is guilty of any crimes, so keep dreaming. That "search for a crime to investigate" investigation should be ended. Besides, Mueller has his own entanglements to be concerned about. He is no saint. The Uranium One deal is just one of the "entanglements" that should do him in.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:16 AM

18,012 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
We all know that Hillary was given a pass by the FBI and Obama's DOJ. Comey came out and raddled off charge after charge against Hillary from the investigation exscuse me I mean "the matter" that would have landed anyone else in prison yet at the end of his rant he said that he did not recommend prosecution? Why not when we have people rotting in prison for doing far less than what she did. Why didn't Loretta Lynch pick up investigate?

People are still mad that the smug Hillary more or less got away with it because of who she is and for people who believe in what is right and fair it really bothers them.

We really dodged a huge mess when Hillary lost the election. I don't care to see her in prison but I wish that she would just go away.
I wouldn't mind her going to prison. I'd probably gloat about it. It might teach other smug liberals a lesson or two. Bill would probably be able to smile again.

I just wonder if they make an orange pantsuit.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:27 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times
I have no love for HRC, but there seems to be a really weird amount of anger and angst towards a 70 year old woman whose’s highest elected political position was a two-term Senator from a liberal state, particularly since no one has been able to identify with specificity any real crimes she committed and she will almost certainly never hold political office again.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:39 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
I'll give up when she's held accountable for her crimes. Still like to believe we have a justice system where even the rich and powerful are held accountable. Perhaps a dream, I know.

Otherwise, I'll give up on Hillary being held accountable when Democrats quit claiming she "won the popular vote". Other than as a criminal, Hillary is irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies