Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 08:57 AM

21,137 posts, read 19,714,475 times

Advertisements

Depends on who his opponent is. If I thought Moore would represent me better than his opponent, I would vote for him. We are voting for political representatives, not social role models. It would be nice if they were one in the same, but that is not reality.

What if both candidates for an office were equally perverted? Would you not vote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 09:08 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Depends on who his opponent is. If I thought Moore would represent me better than his opponent, I would vote for him. We are voting for political representatives, not social role models. It would be nice if they were one in the same, but that is not reality.

What if both candidates for an office were equally perverted? Would you not vote?
So if Candidate A raped your wife or daughter but had better policies than Candidate B, you would vote for Candidate A? Seems odd.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:34 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Lack of integrity seems to have woven it's way through the Republican party and up to the highest office in the land.

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I have heard people saying that Roy Moore, if he wins the election, should be seated as a Senator, allowed to vote on the tax reform bill, and then expelled as unworthy of further service.

Have we really become so divided, so deeply, horribly cynical, that this seems like a good idea to anyone? The man is either worthy of the role of Senator or he is not. If he is guilty, he has no place in government. If he is innocent, he should not be treated as a tool with which to achieve an end, and then discarded without a thought.

I know what I think of him, my issue is primarily with people who think he is guilty as sin, but would still treat him as a useful idiot, sacrificing any claim to the moral high ground in the process.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Cool Have we really become so cynical?

No matter how cynical I get, I can't keep up.

On the other hand, watching the GOP implode is great entertainment.

If Moore wins, the GOP loses.

If Jones wins, the GOP loses.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:45 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Indeed they do. Trump will go down in history as the Great Divider. He always seeks to divide rather than unite.
Obama still holds that title. It's just the opposite side of the coin.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:58 AM

21,137 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
So if Candidate A raped your wife or daughter but had better policies than Candidate B, you would vote for Candidate A? Seems odd.
Felons can’t hold public office.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:04 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
All of the multitude of lies and corruption to get Obamacare passed was a great example. No party is exempt from win at all costs but (to me) Dems play the game much better.
nailed it, Obamacare was passed despite all the lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I would vote for Moore. He's not been convicted of anything and having him in office for Alabama is better than having a Liberal who could throw off the current balance. 40 year old allegations don't cut it.

The reason this is coming out now is clear to anyone with a brain, to slander him and cost the GOP as seat.
anything but a liberal is better in that seat. We have too many liberals already.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:08 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
I figured you could assume that they were not convicted based on the context of my post instead of avoiding the point that was being made.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:10 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Quote:
Wow, nice dodge. So it looks like we know your answer is Candidate A in this scenario

Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
The right's gone wrong and it can't even claim the appearance of moral superiority anymore. I don't know when they stopped trying, but, now, that realization has hit me dead in the eyes.

Senator Flake is correct, the GOP is toast.

RIP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies