Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 08:02 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Doesn't help when the OP is telling those of us pointing out that it's satire to read the article.
Hilarious that the OP is not bright enough to understand this. I bet he thinks the author truly is advising people to build mash potato walls and order 10 Papa John's pizzas to talk about tax policy.

Just further demonstration of the one great truism that we see demonstrated here on C-D every single day: Do not expect sanity from a cultist. Never gonna happen.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:05 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Hilarious that the OP is not bright enough to understand this. I bet he thinks the author truly is advising people to build mash potato walls and order 10 Papa John's pizzas to talk about tax policy.

Just further demonstration of the one great truism that we see demonstrated here on C-D every single day: Do not expect sanity from a cultist. Never gonna happen.
The cultists are the ones who would ruin Thanksgiving over their ridiculous beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Those that wish to support the Pedophile in Chief at their own events are opening a door they may not want to.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:05 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Most people I know don't bring politics to Thanksgiving dinner. I would throw them out of my house if they did.
Normally it's turkey and football. This year there will be no football. We are going to do some trap shooting instead weather permitting. This will be my last Thanksgiving in this country so I won't tolerate a political debate in my house.
I can't even imagine showing up at someones house with the intentions of ruining their holiday over politics.
What kind of low life scum would even think of doing that?

Old 11-22-2017, 08:07 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You're saying it a parody showing how the criticism of Trump is overblown by suggesting an over-the-top response?

That is how the article would be satire. It would start with a false premise, in this case the egregious actions of Trump, and then the cartoon response of ruining Thanksgiving.

So, do you agree with the author's "parody" and agree as to the silliness of the Trump overblown criticism?
I can't read it right now, as it's blocked where I work.

From the excerpts I've seen here (mashed potato wall, Pappa Johns, etc), it's not to be taken seriously. Someone who's read the article can provide additional info for you if needed.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
The cultists are the ones who would ruin Thanksgiving over their ridiculous beliefs.
Yes, they will, if we let them. Personally, if I had any in my family I might just build a wall and seat them behind it so they wouldn't ruin it for those of us who are sane. Now that's a wall I could support.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:09 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
You should see the women’s health article that suggests women use thier own yeast to make bread for thier creeepy uncle.. appalling

Old 11-22-2017, 08:10 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
You should see the women’s health article that suggests women use thier own yeast to make bread for thier creeepy uncle.. appalling
That maxed out the nasty meter.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I can't read it right now, as it's blocked where I work.

From the excerpts I've seen here (mashed potato wall, Pappa Johns, etc), it's not to be taken seriously. Someone who's read the article can provide additional info for you if needed.
Here's a taste, Cali. I'll let you be the judge:

Quote:
Build a wall out of mashed potatoes. During the football game, order 10 Papa John’s pizzas—the official foodstuff of the alt right—and use them as pie charts to demonstrate who benefits most from the GOP tax plan. Refuse to be alone in a room with your mom, citing the Mike Pence rule. Call your parents by a Donald Trump nickname of your choosing—perhaps Little Rocket Mom or Liddle’ Dad. Insist on setting a place for Robert Mueller, the way Jews do for Elijah on Passover. Wear a coal miner hat for solidarity. Punch a cornucopia right in the mouth.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:14 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
GQ says that if you are going to Thanksgiving dinner at someone's home that voted for Trump, including family, it's your duty to ruin Thanksgiving.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq....anksgiving/amp

Truely deranged.
Humor challenged much?

That article is clearly tongue-in-cheek, and I don't have to know the author in order to pick that up by the third sentence.

Besides, I don't need GQ to tell me how to act at dinner. Do you?

Old 11-22-2017, 08:15 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Here's a taste, Cali. I'll let you be the judge:

Quote:
Build a wall out of mashed potatoes. During the football game, order 10 Papa John’s pizzas—the official foodstuff of the alt right—and use them as pie charts to demonstrate who benefits most from the GOP tax plan. Refuse to be alone in a room with your mom, citing the Mike Pence rule. Call your parents by a Donald Trump nickname of your choosing—perhaps Little Rocket Mom or Liddle’ Dad. Insist on setting a place for Robert Mueller, the way Jews do for Elijah on Passover. Wear a coal miner hat for solidarity. Punch a cornucopia right in the mouth.
Hahahahaha! Thank you! I think it's very clear who is the butt of the joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies